christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I'm new here and I'd like to share my testimony. ( it's a

* * * * * 1 votes faith overcoming faith in action hard times spiritual warfare trusting God Jesus God is faihful

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

faith.in.action1987

faith.in.action1987
  • Members
  • 15 posts

November 13, 2012

My name is Tiara and I am broken, but my faith can not be shaken...

My daughters and I endured two horrifying years of abuse while we lived with my ex-husband in Canada. I tried many times to escape but because I had no legal status, my options were very limited. As an American citizen, I was not entitled to work without a permit or obtain any form of help other than a short stay in a domestic violence shelter. During this time, I would have freedom from abuse but there was nothing more they could do to help us build a stable and secure future. After six months I exceeded the time allotted for visitors to remain in Canada without a visa, and my status became illegal. Because my baby daughter was born there, I was terrified to try and leave, and because of my illegal status, I was terrified that my older daughter and I would be deported without her. I didn’t know what to do... Each and every time I tried to break free, my fears always forced us back in the same abusive situation I tried desperately to escape from.

After several vain attempts to either, reconcile with my ex or escape the abuse, I finally fled the country with my children in spite of my fears. I knew that returning to the US was the only way I could give my children a good stable life. After I crossed that border I felt free for the first time in years, but for 8 months, my fears of my ex one day finding me held me captive. Not long after I got my own place, all my fears suddenly became a reality. My ex filed abduction paperwork through “The Hague Convention” and my two year old daughter was removed from my custody and sent back to Canada with her father. No questions asked. Once again, we were forced to return to the abuse,- but this time it was abuse of a different kind... It seemed that, now he was the victim and I was the abuser...

I immediately gave up everything, ripped my oldest daughter from school, and returned to the same place I spent two years in fear. At the Canadian border, I was handcuffed and searched like a criminal. This was when I found out that I am now listed in their system as a “child-abductor”. As a result, I can no longer legally enter Canada without permission from immigration. I spent a great deal of money to support my oldest and I while I fought in a Canadian Superior court to no avail. All over again, we had no means by which to survive, other than a small amount of assistance I was receiving back home, and what others graciously provided for us. Several weeks down the line, I did manage to establish visitation with my child but after six months, I could no longer afford to reside there. I had completely exhausted all of my resources and was forced to leave.

I fought court date after court date as the trial was continually postponed. I endured as the father of my child said every kind of evil, slanderous thing about me imaginable. Although there is documented proof that he has an extensive criminal history involving domestic abuse, it was not compelling enough for the courts to allow my two year old daughter back home with me.

I could not appear for the trial and ultimately lost custody of my daughter to a man who tried to take my life. The Canadian justice system failed us and put both my children and I in danger, while enabling my ex-husband to continue abusing us...

But even after all this, I forgive them all and my heart is full of compassion for them.

For too long, I misplaced my faith, trusting in a corrupted system to render justice and mercy. I spent months fighting with all my strength, until I had nothing left... That day God brought me to my knees in total surrender as the words “I WILL FIGHT FOR YOU” thundered through my spirit. It was then that I gave Him everything and made a decision to put my faith completely in Him. I know that He is going to bring my daughter home because with Him, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE.. My hope is ALIVE and I trust in the One who can do ALL things!

I “am” broken but I am not abandoned... and I am CONVINCED with UNSHAKABLE faith that in the Name of Jesus Christ, we CAN move ALL those mountains that stand in our way...

No matter how how tall...

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
WOW! What a testimony!!! Do you by chance have a blog that you can reach others who have the same struggles as you? God is Good! If you dont I think you should!

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Praying for the safety of your child/children and you. Your ex also needs salvation and I pray that he comes to Christ.

faith.in.action1987

faith.in.action1987
  • Members
  • 15 posts
Believe it or not, my ex has come to Christ and is a "devoted" follower (as he would say) Please pray for him he is so lost in anger and revenge...

faith.in.action1987

faith.in.action1987
  • Members
  • 15 posts
Thank you Jacob, I've been trying to get it out there actually. I've posted it on youtube and a few forums. Other then that, just printing it and sharing it with people I know. If you have any ideas. Please do share. Thank you and God bless. :)

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,612 posts
First, Welcome to Worthy!

Is this your site? Hagued

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Thank you Jacob, I've been trying to get it out there actually. I've posted it on youtube and a few forums. Other then that, just printing it and sharing it with people I know. If you have any ideas. Please do share. Thank you and God bless. :)

Very cool and glad your trying to get your story out there and heard. So you have your testimony published? Or just like privately sending it out? Just curious as to how your reaching people with this, very powerful testimony

faith.in.action1987

faith.in.action1987
  • Members
  • 15 posts

First, Welcome to Worthy!

Is this your site? Hagued

No, its not but my story is published there too.

faith.in.action1987

faith.in.action1987
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Very cool and glad your trying to get your story out there and heard. So you have your testimony published? Or just like privately sending it out? Just curious as to how your reaching people with this, very powerful testimony

*** Videos are only allowed in the video section ... I moved it to the link below for you ***

I am broken, but my faith cannot be shaken ...

Edited by OneLight, 31 December 2012 - 10:20 PM.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
Praying for you, your family, and for your ex. :heart:

Hippie333

Hippie333

Veteran Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts
Welcome to Worthy, am praying for you and your family ! :)

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,460 posts
Welcome to Worthy! :thumbsup:

Praying for you and your family.

God bless,
GE

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
praying here too and welcome, hope to see you in chat

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,996 posts
Welcome~!

~

Praying~!

faith.in.action1987

faith.in.action1987
  • Members
  • 15 posts
Thank you all for your prayers. I really appreciate it. God is good and I know He is also faithful and I believe with all my heart that soon ill be writing about His deliverance. My prayer is that people are saved in the process. I've met so many people who have no no hope and do not believe in God and I've stuck to this testimony knowing that this tiny seed will blossem when they see what faith can do. Itll be a year on Feb. 23 but, no matter what I will never stop believing.

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,347 posts
That is quite a testimony, faith. I will pray for you and your family.

worshiper70

worshiper70

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Welcome to Worthy. I pray God makes a way for you. Blessings

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Faith in action first welcome to worthy .......i know how you feel my x abused me sexually and virbally he would have beaten me only he was afraid to
as i have a bad heart my John rescued me and protected me that happened in 1992
there is light at the end of the tunnel and you will have back what you have lost belive me i know God will vindcate you and give you
what you have lost and more ......i will look for you on chat God bless you my sister you are not alone

faith.in.action1987

faith.in.action1987
  • Members
  • 15 posts
Thanks All. God is good. He once told me "There is peace even in the midst of darkness and bitter sorrows,- For those found walking in Me, doing the Will of the Father will surly come to know my peace," I know that He is near to those who trust in Him and His peace truly surpasses understanding. Thank you for your words of encouragement. God bless you all. :)

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,612 posts
Since this is your testimony, I have moved this to the Testimony Forum.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network