christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question for christians

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
Jesus saves from the gutter most to the uttermost

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,898 posts
God gives us all a choice.God is not some cosmic rapist making him love Him.If your wife or girlfriend were to put a gun to your head and tell you that you had to love her would that be love?Although God wants us all to have an eternity with him and he does want anyone to be tormented in hell for an eternity.Life is full of choices.

His_disciple3

His_disciple3

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 436 posts
to the Op. Hello, believing from scriptures, that Hell is real, and such a place for evil, I preach that I wouldn't want my worst enemy, to die without Jesus Christ, now not syaing you are my worst enemy, But I pray that you found Jesus Christ one day, why do I believe what I believe? Because of faith,
Heb 11:1
Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.

If I could prove to you without a doubt that God is real, then My belief would be based on facts and not faith. But My belief is pure faith, If I could prove it, it would not be faith,

see the world says God show me and I will believe, But no My friend, God says believe and I will show you

godproof

godproof
  • Members
  • 41 posts
Nick, any society who has a majority belief system - whether Christianity, Islam, Communism (atheistic), etc - would want their way of life ingrained in law so that their way of life is not changed by others. Islam is the best example of maintaining their way, as opposed to former Christian countries. My thing now is `weeds & wheat`; which is the state of the world. Both will grow up together until Christ`s return. Christians are not to judge the world (which we do anyway) but leave that to God (but that doesn`t mean you shouldn`t take a stand against oppression). Viole, I too grew up Christian (Pentecostal) and rejected God, but that`s also because I only really knew religion, not a real relationship. What changed me was a real world encounter that proved it and continuous follow through that kept not only proving, but God developing a relationship by me walking with Him. We`re all in prison on the earth together, believers, unbelievers and rebellious angels (fallen). This earth is God`s rehabilitation program, through Christ ;) You don`t change unbelievers by condemning - when Christ spoke `repent or perish`, he proved it through miraculous powers. The kingdom of God is not a matter of talk, but of power. It`s up to the Spirit of God to call people to repentance, not people to do it. By the way, God is able to provide both free will and predestination - scripture talks of both. Who put that tree of the knowledge of good and evil in the garden AND put Satan there too (Ez. 28 describes Satan`s fall). It was God`s plan to give us over and glorify His Son by His sacrifice (Heb 1-2). This way, for all eternity, we`ll know why good is good, and evil has NO place existing. And to go further, a little insight - all creation should be glad that GOD isn`t evil, nor can He be tempted by it (remember He knows good & evil but there is none in Him). `Can you imagine if God were evil, He could do whatever to us forever and no one could stop it! That`s good for us, especially since He declares in Is 51:6 that His righteousness will never fail :) Be glad for that ;)

Edited by godproof, 17 February 2013 - 02:03 AM.

back2thebible

back2thebible

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts

What would a wise person want?

Does a man locked in chains, inside a prison want others to just tell him about the joy outside the prison. Does that man want to hear how we can drive where we want, and eat what we want? Go to the store when we want?

Or

Would that man in prison rather hear about how we that are free, are going to get him out of prison, that he may be free?

What does a wise man pick?

Jesus Is Lord.

I am not sure who is the person in prison and locked in chain your analogy refers to. The believer or the unbeliever? LOL, .. , kidding.

However, your analogy fails because I know virtually no atheist who considers herself in a sort of intellectual or spiritual prison, whatever that means. I wonder where you got this idea from. Of course, I might be wrong, but I fail to see the wisdom of asking freedom from a non existing prison.

Ciao

- viole

being that you are a nonbeliever, Joe seems to like to just post bible passages, I imagine less can go wrong that way....lol

RedMomma

RedMomma

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 267 posts
Wow nick you put a good topic on here and I appreciate your question too,that tells me youre ready to hear the truth but my question is can you handle the truth and would you accept it?

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,906 posts

.... Joe seems to like to just post bible passages, I imagine less can go wrong that way....lol

Faith

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Pleases

But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

Philosophies Won't

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

And Perhaps This Will Help

http://www.worthychr...80#entry1423411

Perhaps Not

Love, Joe

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network