christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Elect of God By James Smith

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
3 replies to this topic

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

"For He chose us in Him, before the foundation of the world, to be holy and blameless in His sight." Ephesians 1:4

How surprising the grace, how astonishing the fact--that sinners, enemies to God, and children of wrath--should be elect of God! It appears too good to be true, and I find it hard to believe . . .

that such a poor, vile, worthless sinner as I am--arrested the attention, engaged the thoughts, and filled the mind of Jehovah from everlasting;

that his eye, his heart, and his purpose were fixed upon me before time began;

that he chose me in Christ, before he spoke the world into existence, or manifested his creating power;

that he chose me in the foreview of all that I would be, and do, as a vile rebellious creature;

that he chose me to be holy, blameless, and happy, in and through Jesus my beloved Lord.

This was only an extract, read more @@@ here @@@

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,542 posts
Amen~!

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Amazing

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star. And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely. Revelation 22:16-17

Grace

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast. Ephesians 2:8-9

Before Ordained

For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them. Ephesians 2:10

And What An Election, WOW~!

For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob: For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins. Romans 11:25-27

Is God Sovereign Or What......

~

Heads

For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost, And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come, If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame. Hebrews 6:4-6

Up

Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ. Colossians 2:8

Beloved

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Election always leads to election. God's choice of us--always leads to our choice of God. He who is elected by God to be an heir of glory--will choose Jehovah to be his God and portion. He who is elected in Christ--will choose, prefer, and seek oneness with Jesus before all things beside. He who is elected to holiness--will love it, seek it, and earnestly pray for it. He who is elected for God's glory--will seek to glorify God. He who is elected to be the Redeemer's spouse, companion, and friend--will be brought to know the Savior's person, love his heaven-making company, and walk with him in friendship and odedience. He who is elected to be a fellow-citizen with the saints and of the household of God--will choose the Lord's people for his people, and love and cleave to them as the excellent of the earth.

http://articles.ochr...icle17857.shtml

Will Men Ever Hear The Words Of The LORD

Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it; Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. Matthew 13:18-23

~

Oh LORD Keep Me In Your Mighty Arms Of Grace

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Psalms 23:3

And Lead Me In Your Path

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

I Rest In Your Love

Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts: And see if there be any wicked way in me, and lead me in the way everlasting. Psalms 139:23-24

My LORD

Now unto him that is able to keep you from falling, and to present you faultless before the presence of his glory with exceeding joy, To the only wise God our Saviour, be glory and majesty, dominion and power, both now and ever. Amen. Jude 1:24-25

My God

I Love You Jesus

I Love You

Joe

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
Thanks for those marvelous verses.

This guy Smith was born before the Civil War, yes, they had the Holy Spirit back then too. :)

goldust59

goldust59

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,386 posts
Ronnie, really like the new name!

Excellent reading at your blog spot--- T. Austin-Sparks & A.W. Tozer are a couple of my fave teachers.What great, humble men of God! Haven't read any James Smith before, but I will now-- thanks for the post!

Have you read any Smith Wigglesworth? http://www.smithwigg...com/sermons.htm

your sis in Christ,
Deb

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network