christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Praying for healing & salvation for husband

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

Ready2go

Ready2go
  • Members
  • 10 posts
I posted a prayer for my spouse several weeks ago. He's having major surgery next week. I know it will not be easy. As a matter of fact, I'm really dreading it. As I had said before I've been praying for his salvation. I say this because he will tell you he is saved. I'm sure he believes he is. I think he is deceived. There I'd no fruit.

He compares himself to others. Sees himself better than others. He's prideful and controlling . He's a bully. I've been praying for his salvation since early in our marriage. Sometime I think , maybe I'm praying for the wrong reason, for my benefit rather than his. Truth is, I'm miserable. The Lord is the only one who knows my heart.

I don't mean to speak evil of him. I just need help in how to proceed. I don't want to stand before The Lord and hear that my life has been wasted because I lived in fear of a man rather than faith in God. At the same time I know God tells wives to be submissive to husbands. We make a vow for better or for worse. I have taken that vow seriously. I'm not beaten or asked to do anything illegal like some poor women. I realize compared to some I'm blessed.

He's just so very hard, no compassion , no mercy, judgmental . I guess you would say it's mental abuse. As I've been reading many of the posts in this forum, I've come across a word that I never knew the meaning of before, but I now realize describes my husband , it's narcissist.

My prayer is that the surgery would go well, be used for God's purpose, and that my life would not be wasted, but that God would be able to use me to reach my husband for Christ.

notworthit

notworthit
  • Members
  • 37 posts
I'm sorry...I've been going through the same thing with mine. We signed the papers today and he said he's filing it Monday. Only thing we can do is pray

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,501 posts
Praying~!

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
No words speak louder to God than 'the groanings of our heart' and God has heard yours. Prayed for you, Ready2go and for notworthit.

GEEZER

GEEZER
  • Members
  • 7 posts
I will pray for both of you. My wife and I were separated for three months. Without details it was both our faults, but mainly mine. We were both saved at the time too. So I can honestly say that I am familiar with the hurt that both of you are feeling. None of my words can bring true comfort to you, that is a job that our Lord can do. And I trust that He will as you seek Him.
I will also pray that Ready2go's husband has a successful surgery and that the Lord will "operate" on the heart also. Being a husband or a wife is not an easy chore as I have learned over the years. God be with you both!!

GEEZER

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
broken relationships are very painful ...my prayer is that you both find healing

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

I will pray for both of you. My wife and I were separated for three months. Without details it was both our faults, but mainly mine. We were both saved at the time too. So I can honestly say that I am familiar with the hurt that both of you are feeling. None of my words can bring true comfort to you, that is a job that our Lord can do. And I trust that He will as you seek Him.
I will also pray that Ready2go's husband has a successful surgery and that the Lord will "operate" on the heart also. Being a husband or a wife is not an easy chore as I have learned over the years. God be with you both!!

GEEZER

Praying in agreement. May God richly bless each of you.

nChrist

nChrist

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts
Both of you will be in my prayers.

csar7

csar7
  • Members
  • 76 posts
I will be praying for your husband's surgery to be successful, and for his salvation.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

My prayer is that the surgery would go well, be used for God's purpose, and that my life would not be wasted, but that God would be able to use me to reach my husband for Christ.

Praying this prayer with you! :heart:

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,886 posts
May the indignities of recovery work humility in him mind and heart. +

Selasphorus

Selasphorus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
praying for both of you

Selasphorus

Selasphorus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

I'm sorry...I've been going through the same thing with mine. We signed the papers today and he said he's filing it Monday. Only thing we can do is pray

praying with you

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Amen Leonard!

Praying~

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
I'm praying in agreement that all this will be used to turn their lives around...(Both Ready2go and notworthit) In The Name of Jesus...

Whew...Father...I'm asking bring laborers into this harvest...Into his hospital room...wherever they are...Every person that he comes in contact with: Let them speak Your Words...Bring him in, Father...I pray In The Name of Jesus...

Ready2go

Ready2go
  • Members
  • 10 posts
Thank you for your prayers...I know that God is at work in this. I have prayed almost 20 years now, for My spouse to change and walk in humility. But, the one thing that stands out in my heart and mind is that the more I pray for him, the more I change. I have many questions about this: am I that bad (?) am I so weak that I need strength and He is using this to strengthen me(?) am I so blind to my own pride that The Lord is removing the plank in my own eye? No matter how I've formed the question, I keep getting the same answer . "My Grace is sufficient" and so, I continue to trust Him.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,486 posts
Praying Ready2go for you and your husband. :)

God bless,
GE

joemiller

joemiller

• PipPip
  • 141 posts
Praying

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Thank you for your prayers...I know that God is at work in this. I have prayed almost 20 years now, for My spouse to change and walk in humility. But, the one thing that stands out in my heart and mind is that the more I pray for him, the more I change. I have many questions about this: am I that bad (?) am I so weak that I need strength and He is using this to strengthen me(?) am I so blind to my own pride that The Lord is removing the plank in my own eye? No matter how I've formed the question, I keep getting the same answer . "My Grace is sufficient" and so, I continue to trust Him.

Hi, Ready...Also...His Ways Are So Much Higher Than Ours...And It's Ok...I've been through some things as well that I don't understand yet...but we will understand one day...I've learned just what you said...His Grace Is Sufficient...and It's Literally Amazing How He Meets Our Needs...Words Can't Even Describe It....Just Trust Him-The Lord Our God....Seeking First The Kingdom and His Righteousness-Seeking His Face In Prayer...In The Secret Place of Prayer...and He Will Take Care of Us...I've lived it...I am In Awe of Our God!!! In The Name of Jesus...I Pray...Father...Protect Your Children...Hold us In The Palm of Your Hand...For We Care For You...

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network