christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

New here

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
26 replies to this topic

Be_Comforted

Be_Comforted
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Shalom,

My foundation is Jesus/Iesous/Yehoshua the Son of God, who was born in the flesh, the Lamb of God, by whom and through whom I am able to have peace with our heavenly Father. I am a firm believer in God's promise as revealed to Jeremiah (Jer 31:31-34), the truth of 2 Peter 1:19-21, am non-denominational and particularly interested in end times prophecy.

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
Welcome to Worthy!

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Welcome! After five posts you have more liberty on the board, then after 10 posts you can move about freely.

Be_Comforted

Be_Comforted
  • Members
  • 11 posts
Thank you Jacob and Joi.

Luanne Marie

Luanne Marie
  • Members
  • 25 posts
I'm new here too and checking things out. I like to study the scriptures and history of the scriptures as well. The life of Christ and all that was prophesied in the coming of Christ as the Messiah before he was born. And now I am trying to do a deep study on his return. Not when, but how the world is reacting to the "Gospel" now and the times of the stages of the nearing of His coming. I am certainly a born again Christian and live and study by the power of His spirit. I hope to share many things that I learn and find. I write books and literature as well as songs and I am also a vocalist and guitarist. :-)

John Robinson

John Robinson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 409 posts
Welcome to you both!

Luanne Marie

Luanne Marie
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Welcome to Worthy!

I really love that shadowing up there with the scriptures :-)

jmlusa2000

jmlusa2000

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts
Welcome to worthy :)

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts
Welcome to Worthy.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
Welcome! :th_wave:

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,362 posts
welcome

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,482 posts
Welcome to both of you!

Selasphorus

Selasphorus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Shalom,

My foundation is Jesus/Iesous/Yehoshua the Son of God, who was born in the flesh, the Lamb of God, by whom and through whom I am able to have peace with our heavenly Father. I am a firm believer in God's promise as revealed to Jeremiah (Jer 31:31-34), the truth of 2 Peter 1:19-21, am non-denominational and particularly interested in end times prophecy.

welcome to Worthy!

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 378 posts
welcome to you both to worthy.....Be of good courage and he shall strenghen thine heart Psa27-14

I will both lay me down in peace,and sleep..for thou Lord...only maketh me dwell in safety Ps 4-8

Selasphorus

Selasphorus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

I'm new here too and checking things out. I like to study the scriptures and history of the scriptures as well. The life of Christ and all that was prophesied in the coming of Christ as the Messiah before he was born. And now I am trying to do a deep study on his return. Not when, but how the world is reacting to the "Gospel" now and the times of the stages of the nearing of His coming. I am certainly a born again Christian and live and study by the power of His spirit. I hope to share many things that I learn and find. I write books and literature as well as songs and I am also a vocalist and guitarist. :-)

welcome to Worthy! i consider myself a frustrated guitarist that used to sing a bit... ;)

Luanne Marie

Luanne Marie
  • Members
  • 25 posts

welcome to Worthy! i consider myself a frustrated guitarist that used to sing a bit... ;)

LOL. I gave it up for a while, raising kids, but then, I "thought" I wouldn't be able to do much with it, but just for fun, but here I am doing gigs from time to time in my older age!

Luanne Marie

Luanne Marie
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Shalom,

The Lord said:
The time will surely come when I will make a new agreement with the people of Israel and Judah. It will be different from the agreement I made with their ancestors when I led them out of Egypt. Although I was their God, they broke that agreement. Here is the new agreement that I, the Lord, will make with the people of Israel:

“I will write my laws
on their hearts and minds.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people. “No longer will they have to teach one another to obey me. I, the Lord, promise that all of them will obey me, ordinary people and rulers alike. I will forgive their sins and forget the evil things they have done.”

All of this makes us even more certain that what the prophets said is true. So you should pay close attention to their message, as you would to a lamp shining in some dark place. You must keep on paying attention until daylight comes and the morning star rises in your hearts. But you need to realize that no one alone can understand any of the prophecies in the Scriptures. The prophets did not think these things up on their own, but they were guided by the Spirit of God. As you quoted from (Jer 31:31-34) and 2 Peter 1:19-21 Thank you so much for that. Luanne

Edited by Luanne Marie, 07 January 2013 - 11:03 AM.

Luanne Marie

Luanne Marie
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Shalom,

The Lord said:
The time will surely come when I will make a new agreement with the people of Israel and Judah. It will be different from the agreement I made with their ancestors when I led them out of Egypt. Although I was their God, they broke that agreement. Here is the new agreement that I, the Lord, will make with the people of Israel:

“I will write my laws
on their hearts and minds.
I will be their God,
and they will be my people. “No longer will they have to teach one another to obey me. I, the Lord, promise that all of them will obey me, ordinary people and rulers alike. I will forgive their sins and forget the evil things they have done.”

All of this makes us even more certain that what the prophets said is true. So you should pay close attention to their message, as you would to a lamp shining in some dark place. You must keep on paying attention until daylight comes and the morning star rises in your hearts. But you need to realize that no one alone can understand any of the prophecies in the Scriptures. The prophets did not think these things up on their own, but they were guided by the Spirit of God. As you quoted from (Jer 31:31-34) and 2 Peter 1:19-21 Thank you so much for that. Luanne

Be_Comforted

Be_Comforted
  • Members
  • 11 posts
A big thank you to everyone for their comments and welcome messages.

Be_Comforted

Be_Comforted
  • Members
  • 11 posts

But you need to realize that no one alone can understand any of the prophecies in the Scriptures. The prophets did not think these things up on their own, but they were guided by the Spirit of God. As you quoted from (Jer 31:31-34) and 2 Peter 1:19-21 Thank you so much for that. Luanne

Yes this is my understanding Luanne, that we can only understand the spiritual truth of the scriptures as it is revealed to us by and through God's Holy Spirit.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network