christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Please pray for my mom! :(

Prayer mom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
157 replies to this topic

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 75 posts
My mom has been in the hospital since the 4th-5th of this month and it doesn't look like things are going to get better. She has very serious lung, kidney, and liver problems and the doctors say that they are failing her, and on top of that her brain activity is slow and she's not waking up at all, even when the docotors have taken her off of the sedation medicine, she's also very obese and that has caused her problems as well. My mom is only 44 years old and she has two sons, me and my little brother. She is the only family I have left, except for my little brother and my grandma. She's a VERY wonderful and thoughtful person, she's done a lot of good things in her life. She's helped people in need, helped the homeless, helped animals, she's just done what ever she could to help out. She's also a very proud Christian, she used to go to church every Sunday and read the bible but she hasn't been able to do any of it anymore because of all the problems she has. She's been the best mother a son could ever have, and both me and my little brother still need her in our lives. I don't want to lose her and neither does my little brother, there's still a lot of things that she needs to teach us. I just don't know what to do anymore, I can't even sleep. Everyone in my family has been praying for her over and over again, but it seems like nothing is working and I don't know why. I would like everyone to please pray for her to get better and be healed, please, I need her to come home and be with us again. :((

beautifulmarilou

beautifulmarilou
  • Members
  • 40 posts
Praying for your mom and for your family....

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. ~ Psalm 46:1

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Praying...

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
praying

Remember, God's will is perfect.

nChrist

nChrist

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts
Your mother and your family will be in my prayers.

worshiper70

worshiper70

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Andrew, I will certainly pray for your mom and you and your brother and grandma. God wants her healed and we know this, we will all join together and lift her up. Many are the afflictions of the righteous,
Psalms 40:1 (NKJV)
1I waited patiently for the Lord;And He inclined to me,And heard my cry.
Psalms 34:19 (KJV)
Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
We know that your mom is in very capable hands. I will be praying for you all.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,914 posts
Sometime the most difficult thing to do is to say, 'Thy good and perfect will be done' and it's OK mom, if you have to go we will be alright don't worry about us.
It may not be what you wanted to hear. It was not what I wanted to say to God or to my loved one either but I knew deep in my heart it was the right thing. God knows the future and he will take care of you both. He knows what is right for your mom too.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,901 posts
Praying~!

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,890 posts
May the Lord touch her and raise her up. +

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,426 posts
Praying

worshiper70

worshiper70

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Still praying Andrew. God bless.

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
still praying here too

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Sometime the most difficult thing to do is to say, 'Thy good and perfect will be done' and it's OK mom, if you have to go we will be alright don't worry about us.
It may not be what you wanted to hear. It was not what I wanted to say to God or to my loved one either but I knew deep in my heart it was the right thing. God knows the future and he will take care of you both. He knows what is right for your mom too.

But is taking my mom away from me and my little brother that right thing for us?

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 75 posts
Thank you all so very much for all the prayers and kind words :) God Bless you all

ears

ears

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
Andrew you have touched my heart. You sound like such a loving son ,big brother and grandson. The Lord has blessed your family with all your caring and family love. I''m certain your mom must be very proud. She sounds like a beautiful lady. Mom's want more than anything for their children to know that they love them. Thank her for her love. I will keep your mom and all of you in my prayers.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,914 posts
Andrew, i just went through this but months ago. My sister was my best friend, sister and mother all rolled into one. She taught me to love Jesus when I was but a wee child. We thought as one 90% of the time. I would have gone to the ends of the earth for her yet I had to realize, that though I prayed for her healing as I know she did - we prayed to go in the rapture together so that we would not be separated and one left alone - God knew the future for her and for me. Through the most difficult of prayers I had to choke out the words, 'Heal her Father, yet, not my will but Thy good and perfect will be done for her.' I knew He was in control and that He would do what was best for her. I only wanted what was best for her.
I do not say to stop praying for healing - I only say to ask the Father to do what is best for your mother. His good and perfect will for her. He knows what lies ahead for her. Did I want to be separated from my loved one? Absolutely not. I now have no one earthly to go to as I had in my sister - we thought as one and acted as one. I have but my Father in heaven - that may be what He wanted from me - to depend on Him and Him alone - to go to Him and trust that He has my future in His hand and will not leave me alone. Do I feel lonely? I can honestly say, 'No.' I know He has taken care of that just as He will everything else. He has only planned for our best. Do I miss my sister - constantly. Want her back from the wonders that she is experiencing? Never - I love her too much for that as I know she loves me still.
Remember what Jesus said about Lazarus, Abraham and the rich man? The rich man though he was dead asked Abraham to send someone to tell his brothers of the torment that he was experiencing so that they would not end up where he was? The rich man though he was dead 'remembered his brothers'. I know my sister and parents remember me - I am not forgotten by them as they are not forgotten by me. That is to me a comfort and I know that one day very soon we shall all meet in the air and rejoice at the Jesus feet. We will have eternity to spend together because a sister taught her baby sister to love Jesus and ask Him into her heart.

Selasphorus

Selasphorus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
praying for healing for your mom,and for God's peace, understanding, strength and courage for you and your brother. God bless you, my brother.

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Praying for your mom, you and entire family. {hugs}
Together we form the family of our Lord, so your loss will be ours even though your mom will gain if God
chooses to take her to Himself.

LittleLamb, my sister is my dearest friend and her loss would be great. May you be blessed.

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 75 posts

Andrew you have touched my heart. You sound like such a loving son ,big brother and grandson. The Lord has blessed your family with all your caring and family love. I''m certain your mom must be very proud. She sounds like a beautiful lady. Mom's want more than anything for their children to know that they love them. Thank her for her love. I will keep your mom and all of you in my prayers.

I've done my best to help take care of my mom and help her out with everything I can. I still love her with all my heart and I just can't believe that she''ll be gone and I'll never see her or hear her voice again. Me and my little brother would always spend time with her and we all had a great time together. I just don't know why this has to happen to us, we still need our mom at home, she needs to be here to help me and my little brother and teach us things that we need to know. Me and my family have been praying all day everyday for her to get better and come home but it seems like nothing we do is working and that she'll still leave us. :(( We can't lose her

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,365 posts
praying andrew

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network