christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Please pray for my mom! :(

Prayer mom

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
157 replies to this topic

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Praying for the peace and presence of God in you and family today.

Thank you so much, I appreciate all the prayers you have said for me and my family.

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Continued prayers.

Thank you so very much.

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 73 posts

God is still with you and loving you and your brother and your grandma Andrew! God bless you all!

Thank you so much and God Bless you as well!

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Praying that Father will comfort the three of you and help you do all that you now need to undertake, for
Christ's sake. Hugs

Thank you for your continued prayer. Hugs

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 73 posts

May the Lord's grace be with you. Only read this late, I just lost my mom too, last bit was on the machines. Since you're much younger, may the Lord provide and take care of you and your brother! I know you're feeling completely overwhelmed or that God let you down. God always has your future good in store. It's important right now that you have people in your life to cry with and give your support. Do you have family, church or other support to help you? You mentioned no parents, is there someone else that is taking care of you guys? I see you're in Washington, Westgate Chapel in Edmonds seemed like a great church for fellowship, if you don't have one already and if it's nearby. Heavenly Father, we all agree in prayer and commit these boys to you, YOU are their Father and NOW is the time for You to show it, reveal it and take care of them in Yeshua's Name (Jesus)! Take away overwhelming emotions and provide your Spirit's fellowship and comfort. Although they don't know your plans right now, don't let the enemy prevail. Send them the help they need. Lord, you are the Great Shepherd, they need your help right now. Praying for you.

I only have my grandma right now, she's the only family I have left except my little brother as well. I've been talking with her about my mom and she's been helping me though this, I'm still finding it very hard to deal with though, even with her help but I know that she'll always be there for me and help me. My grandma is taking care of us now, but if something happens to her I have no one else to go to. Me and the family haven't been to a church in a long time but we're deciding to go again. Thank you so much for your prayer

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Andrew ~ I truly know what your going through. There were times after my Mom died I simply couldn't breath and I cried tons of tears. You have touched my heart in such a way it's hard to describe. Everytime I read this I cry simply cry. I'm praying that God gives you comfort and peace. I still cry that my Mom isn't here. I do know she isn't sick anymore and she is happy and praising God in heaven. With that thought it brings me peace and comfort. Andrew so many on here are praying and they love you. Hugs

I've been crying all day everyday since the day my mom passed away. I still can't believe that she's gone, when ever I wake up in the morning I keep hoping that this is just a bad dream and that when I walk into her room she'll be sitting right there and saying good morning to me, but then I realize it isn't dream and I start to cry even more. I hoped that I would never have to go through anything like this, my mom even hoped that nothing like this would happen to her. I'd give anything to be able to see and hear my mom again, but I know it's not going to happen until it's my time to go. I just hope that my grandma stays with me and my little brother for a long time, we really need her more then ever and I don't think I can take losing another family member, especially since she's the last one. Thank you so very much for all the prayers that you've said for me and my family, I just can't thank you enough. It means a lot to me that you've been here for me and to help me though this and I just want to thank you so very much. Hugs

patticats

patticats

• Platinum Member
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Andrew I'm so sorry your going through all of this. It's hard sometimes to say the right words to someone when they go through something like this. My Pastor says just be there for them when you can't find the words. I do care and I'm praying for all of you. It's when I read your posts I cried cause I really do understand what your feeling. You said some of the same things I felt when my Mom was dying and I had to let her go. Andrew so many on here care and love you and so does Jesus. Hugs

I'm trying very hard to get through this, but I just can't seem to do it. I always hoped that I would never have to go through something like this, my mom even hoped that nothing like this would happen to her. Thank you SO much for all your prayers for me and the family, I appreciate them so much. I want to thank you again for being here for me in this tough time, it means a lot to me. Hugs

Andrew I'm still praying and crying with you. I will continue to pray. I do feel you pain. Your strength is in God alone. We can't do it, I couldn't do it. I needed God to help me with all the hurt. God's strength is perfect in our weakness.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Hold on to the hope that is in God alone!

I love you Andrew so many others on here do also! :bighug2:

patticats

patticats

• Platinum Member
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Andrew ~ I truly know what your going through. There were times after my Mom died I simply couldn't breath and I cried tons of tears. You have touched my heart in such a way it's hard to describe. Everytime I read this I cry simply cry. I'm praying that God gives you comfort and peace. I still cry that my Mom isn't here. I do know she isn't sick anymore and she is happy and praising God in heaven. With that thought it brings me peace and comfort. Andrew so many on here are praying and they love you. Hugs

I've been crying all day everyday since the day my mom passed away. I still can't believe that she's gone, when ever I wake up in the morning I keep hoping that this is just a bad dream and that when I walk into her room she'll be sitting right there and saying good morning to me, but then I realize it isn't dream and I start to cry even more. I hoped that I would never have to go through anything like this, my mom even hoped that nothing like this would happen to her. I'd give anything to be able to see and hear my mom again, but I know it's not going to happen until it's my time to go. I just hope that my grandma stays with me and my little brother for a long time, we really need her more then ever and I don't think I can take losing another family member, especially since she's the last one. Thank you so very much for all the prayers that you've said for me and my family, I just can't thank you enough. It means a lot to me that you've been here for me and to help me though this and I just want to thank you so very much. Hugs

Andrew I do understand, it truly hurts like crazy! I can feel the hurt in the words you say. I would get up first thing and think of my Mom and then it would come to me she is in heaven now. I missed her and cried even more just like you. I would pick up the phone to call her and then think she is in heaven. I cried so much during the day and night that I would go to the bathroom and cry because I didn't want my son to see me cry he was in the 5th grade at that time. I would wake up in the middle of the night and cry. I'm crying now for you, I understand your pain. I would sing songs "Hold Me Jesus" by Rich Mullins I'll post it for you. I would pray alot of times I didn't know what to pray. So, I would just say dear Jesus and cry. He heard me and He will hear you too! God will give you strength I know He will! I love you Andrew so many here do also! God truly loves you!!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts
Andrew, I know how you feel, but just pray that He will go ahead of you in the choices and steps you must take from now on. You are blessed to have your grandmother there with you but, more than that you have the Father and no He did not close His ears to your prayers. When my sister had her promotion to glory, I received two articles in which even today I find nuggets. One of them is that if people could not die they would for ever be sick or blind or crippled - bed ridden and in comas - never getting better. But the moment one dies he/she is no longer crippled, blind, ill with an incurable disease or in a coma.
The other article/pamphlet (from Chosen People Ministries) gives so many interesting truths that I just never put together others we all do.
Eternal life for the Christian begins not at death but the moment we accept Jesus as Saviour - John 3:26 says - "He who believes in the Son HAS eternal life - not will but has. Your mom had eternal life the moment she accepted Jesus as her Saviour.
"to depart and be with Christ, for that is very much better" Phil 1:23b - This the soul but at the resurrection there is a promise of the resurrection of the body.
Before the resurrection the term "gathered to his people" was said of Abraham at his death. But,in Genesis 25:8,9 it says 'Abraham breathed his last....and he was gathered to his people." He was buried in a cave in Machpelah in the field of Ephron. As the article says, " Observe carefully how simple and clear are the statements.
1. Abraham breathed his last and died.
2. He was gathered to his people.
3. He was buried.
He could not have been "gathered to his people" with his burial, because his people were in Chaldea more than 500 miles away - he was "gathered to his people" therefore it does not mean buried.
2 Cor 5:8 "We are of good courage, I say, and prefer rather to be absent from the body and to be at home with the Lord".
Do not grieve for your mother Andrew - those who grieve have no hope of seeing their loved one again. Sorrow because you miss her tender touch but remember that she is at home with Jesus.
"The departed dead are conscious. Abraham had a conversation with the rich man. We have good reason to believe that the "dead in Christ" are intensely interested in their loved ones on earth. Certainly the unrighteous rich man was interested, for he said to Abraham
"Then I beg you, father, that you send him to my father's house - for I have five brothers - in order that he may warn them, so that they will not also come to this place of torment" (Luke 16:27-28).
To show that the dead in Christ are aware of events on earth and retain their interest in earthly affairs, we refer to Rev. 6:10
"And they cried out with a loud voice, saying, 'how long, O Lord, holy and true, will You refrain from judging and avenging our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"
"If we could only realize the blessedness of those who die in the Lord, we would also realize that to wish them back her on earth is nto a sign of love for them, it is utter selfishness on our part."
Remember, "This is that blessed hope - we shall see Him, we shall be like Him, just as our loved ones who are "dead in Christ" shall see Him and be like Him. 'Therefore comfort one another with theses words' (1 Thess 4:18) "
(Parts quoted from "The Dead in Christ: after death what can we anticipate? by Daniel Fuchs" from Chosen People Ministries.)
Andrew, there are things that we want that are not good for us or for those whom we love and the Father who knows the future for you and your brother and knew what lay ahead of your mom chose what was best for her - neither you nor I wanted to be separated form the one we so loved but nor despite our will could make them well or keep them here. Neither of us would want to see them to continue to suffer. But with all my heart, mind and soul do I know that the Father did what was best for our loved ones - He loves them more than we can imagine. Should He love us less? He heard your cry as He heard mine but He knows the future - we do not. Loved one know that the Father loves and cares for you more than you can imagine and if you ask Him, He will guide you day by day and will as a friend said -" As you go, your way shall be opened up step by step before you."

godproof

godproof
  • Members
  • 41 posts

May the Lord's grace be with you. Only read this late, I just lost my mom too, last bit was on the machines. Since you're much younger, may the Lord provide and take care of you and your brother! I know you're feeling completely overwhelmed or that God let you down. God always has your future good in store. It's important right now that you have people in your life to cry with and give your support. Do you have family, church or other support to help you? You mentioned no parents, is there someone else that is taking care of you guys? I see you're in Washington, Westgate Chapel in Edmonds seemed like a great church for fellowship, if you don't have one already and if it's nearby. Heavenly Father, we all agree in prayer and commit these boys to you, YOU are their Father and NOW is the time for You to show it, reveal it and take care of them in Yeshua's Name (Jesus)! Take away overwhelming emotions and provide your Spirit's fellowship and comfort. Although they don't know your plans right now, don't let the enemy prevail. Send them the help they need. Lord, you are the Great Shepherd, they need your help right now. Praying for you.

I only have my grandma right now, she's the only family I have left except my little brother as well. I've been talking with her about my mom and she's been helping me though this, I'm still finding it very hard to deal with though, even with her help but I know that she'll always be there for me and help me. My grandma is taking care of us now, but if something happens to her I have no one else to go to. Me and the family haven't been to a church in a long time but we're deciding to go again. Thank you so much for your prayer

Andrew, especially in this time, I would recommend you connect in a fellowship that you feel comfortable at (we'll pray that God leads you to the right one - doesn't mean it will happen right away, but use every place you go to as God teaching you something, this will help when you start to discern doctrines later). Being the oldest son, I know this is a hard time and I know you need comfort. The next life is true life and if God took your mom, it's always for the good of those who love Him (who knows what might have happened later). What I see now is that over time, God will fashion and form you into the person that He wants you to be. Keep your faith and seek His face in this time. It's OK to question and feel like Job (what Job did right was NOT curse God, he held on to his integrity and faith), that's what God works with. God has long term purposes (that we unfortunately can't see sometimes). Now is the time to hardcore walk with God, seek His face desperately (all your heart and you will find Him). The enemy will always try to get you depressed or to accuse God or to focus on this life and it's worries. Christ promised that you can trust in Him BUT you need to trust and walk in Him. I don't know how you're living, but if you're walking in Him, He will always be your help and provide for you. If you walk without Him, different story. May the Lord provide Godly fellowship, take away your fears and give you & your brother provision while you live on this earth, in Yeshua's Name! (Jesus Name).

ears

ears

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts

Bless your heart. I just hope when it comes my time to go I will have someone with me thats speaks to me of love and plays my Christain music. The Lord gave you that wonderful oportunity to be with her and comfort her. One day you will see that as a gift and blessing. Your hurting now Andrew but your beautiful Mother is home and never to hurt again. Sending love and hugs to you.

I'm thankful that The Lord gave me that wonderful opportunity to be able to be with my mom and to comfort her and to tell her how much I love her and how much we all miss her. I just wish that she could have been awake so that I could hear her voice one last time and hear say goodbye. I would have given anything to be able to hear her again. I know that she's home now and that she won't have to worry about being in pain or suffering anymore. But I think I'm the one suffering now....

I just want to hug you. I have love in my heart for you Brother Andrew, just as others on here has told you of their love for you. Our sweet Lord is showing his love for you by placing you in hearts of so many. You, grandma and your brother are remaining in my prayers.

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Praying for God to comfort you Andrew, and your family.
I think God trusts that you can/will do the job yet ahead and that He will guide you along that path.

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts
Andrew, I have one song for you to keep in mind - mainly because every time think of you this is the song that comes to my mind. Just remember - Jesus will never leave you alone

I’ve seen the lightning flashing, I’ve heard the thunder roll.
I’ve felt sin’s breakers dashing, which almost conquered my soul.
I’ve heard the voice of my Savior, bidding me still to fight on.
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone!

Refrain
No, never alone, no never alone,
He promised never to leave me,
He’ll claim me for His own;
No, never alone, no never alone.
He promised never to leave me,
Never to leave me alone.

The world’s fierce winds are blowing, temptation sharp and keen.
I have a peace in knowing my Savior stands between—
He stands to shield me from danger when my friends are all gone.
He promised never to leave me, never to leave me alone!

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Praying for God to show you that He is with you and your family. I am happy that you are choosing the path with Him that you were
already on at the onset of losing your mom.

How old is your younger brother Andrew?

My little brother is 11 years old. Thank you for your prayers though.

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Praying for God to comfort you Andrew, and your family.
I think God trusts that you can/will do the job yet ahead and that He will guide you along that path.

Thank you again for your continued prayers. I just hope God will help me and my family

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Andrew...I'm just hugging you right now...

:bighug2:

And God Has A Wonderful Plan for Your Life...

I just know it...

Love you In Him, Kathy

P.S. This is so amazing to me...Yesterday I was going to put out an sos...on the what's on your mind...and say Andrew!!! Where are you??? Whew...Yeah...Here you are...

Thank you for the hugs, it helped me feel a little bit better. I'm sorry that I haven't been on here very much, I've just been having a hard time dealing with everything that happened. Lol that would have been funny to see you postt that on the what's on your mind lol.

Andrew_777

Andrew_777
  • Members
  • 73 posts

Andrew I'm so sorry your going through all of this. It's hard sometimes to say the right words to someone when they go through something like this. My Pastor says just be there for them when you can't find the words. I do care and I'm praying for all of you. It's when I read your posts I cried cause I really do understand what your feeling. You said some of the same things I felt when my Mom was dying and I had to let her go. Andrew so many on here care and love you and so does Jesus. Hugs

I'm trying very hard to get through this, but I just can't seem to do it. I always hoped that I would never have to go through something like this, my mom even hoped that nothing like this would happen to her. Thank you SO much for all your prayers for me and the family, I appreciate them so much. I want to thank you again for being here for me in this tough time, it means a lot to me. Hugs

Andrew I'm still praying and crying with you. I will continue to pray. I do feel you pain. Your strength is in God alone. We can't do it, I couldn't do it. I needed God to help me with all the hurt. God's strength is perfect in our weakness.

2 Corinthians 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

Hold on to the hope that is in God alone!

I love you Andrew so many others on here do also! :bighug2:

Thank you so much for your continued prayers for me. I really do appreciate everything that you and everyone else have done for me and my family. I'm trying my best to keep the faith but I'm finding it very hard to.

Dawn1974

Dawn1974

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts
Faith grows during quiet communion with God.

Psalm 46:10- "Be still, and know that I am God."

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network