christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Apple Pie anyone?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts
I am going to make a nice juicy apple pie today.Anyone have any suggestions or tricks on how to make their apple pies extra special?I am going to use 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown sugar. :biggrin2:

Floatingaxe

Floatingaxe

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,131 posts
I always toss the apples with flour and sugar and cinnamon and a bit of nutmeg, and dot the top with butter, and then add a bit of cream. The creeam and butter mixed with the flour and the apples' juice make a lovely creamy sauce! That is the Mennonite recipe I use and I always get requests to make my apple pie! Try it!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,696 posts
For thickening it must be clear gel!

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
I would love an apple pie right now! Tis my favorite! :D

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,455 posts

I am going to make a nice juicy apple pie today.Anyone have any suggestions or tricks on how to make their apple pies extra special?I am going to use 1/2 white sugar and 1/2 brown sugar. :biggrin2:

The mixture sounds great. Put about 3 TLBS of flour in too. If your slices are a tad thick you might think about putting them in microwave for about 5 minutes. Blessings.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,176 posts
alamode :cry_smile:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

alamode :cry_smile:

Ofcourse. :biggrin2:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network