christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from Germany

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

gbde90

gbde90
  • Banned
  • 11 posts
Hello, I am a young British-born Christian from Germany. I have been a Christian all my life although I have many atheist friends (including my girlfriend).
I accept evolution theory and I am thinking to study biology. I decided to join after reading some interesting debates in the Outer Court.

Not sure how to post things and join chat, tho.

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts
Welcome so much, gbde90...as I understand it-usually more postings open more doors...also at my forums (headings) page there is a "chat" button to push in order to chat...at the top...there may be someone along later to explain it better...Hahaha...keep checking on this post...many will welcome you and try to help...

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Welcome! Note the red button on the word chat above and click to join in. You have more freedom after frist 5 posts, then again after 10 posts.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,313 posts
Welcome to Worthy.

Selasphorus

Selasphorus

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts
welcome to Worthy

franciskelsey

franciskelsey

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 308 posts
Welcome to Worthy. I would encourage you to look further into the evolution debate. In saying that, we are blessed you have joined us and we look forward to hearing from you more and more.

gbde90

gbde90
  • Banned
  • 11 posts
Someone told me I need 5 posts or something.

So, a brief introduction. I was born in Scotland from Scottish parents, but moved to Germany at a very young age. Therefore, my German is much better than my English.

This year I need to decide what to study at the college. I am very interested in science, but I cannot decide between physics, astronomy or biology.

Almost all my friends are non believers. Sometimes, I have big problems to counter their arguments. Hope to find some help and inspiration here. I also know all their arguments and their weakness, which gives me a certain advantage when debating them.

My girlfriend is also an atheist, but it is not a big problem for our relationship. Actually, we both love to debate God. Deciding where to go to vacation is a bigger source of fights, lol.

Oh dear, maybe I should have split this post into different ones....

God bless...

Stuart (my real name).

Navyguy42

Navyguy42
  • Members
  • 25 posts
Welcome friend

gbde90

gbde90
  • Banned
  • 11 posts
Thank you all for the warm welcome.

I already feel like at home.

God bless

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
Hello! And welcome to Worthy! :th_wave:

gbde90

gbde90
  • Banned
  • 11 posts

Hello! And welcome to Worthy! :th_wave:

Thank you!

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
Hello Stuart and Welcome to Worthy!

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,343 posts

Hello, I am a young British-born Christian from Germany. I have been a Christian all my life although I have many atheist friends (including my girlfriend).
I accept evolution theory and I am thinking to study biology. I decided to join after reading some interesting debates in the Outer Court.

Not sure how to post things and join chat, tho.

Welcome to Worthy Stuart! :thumbsup:

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,343 posts

Almost all my friends are non believers. Sometimes, I have big problems to counter their arguments. Hope to find some help and inspiration here. I also know all their arguments and their weakness, which gives me a certain advantage when debating them.

My girlfriend is also an atheist, but it is not a big problem for our relationship. Actually, we both love to debate God. Deciding where to go to vacation is a bigger source of fights, lol.

In reading more on this thread... Is it really not a big problem to have an atheist girlfriend? The Bible speaks of this:

2 Cor. 6:14-15
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?

Prov. 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.

1 Cor. 15:33
Do not be deceived: 'Evil company corrupts good habits.'

Food for thought: How could a quality marriage be built and maintained if you disagree on the most crucial issue in the universe—the Lord Jesus Christ?

Praying.

God bless,
GE

nChrist

nChrist

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,996 posts
Hello and WELCOME to Worthy. I hope that you enjoy the fellowship here as much as I do.

gbde90

gbde90
  • Banned
  • 11 posts

In reading more on this thread... Is it really not a big problem to have an atheist girlfriend? The Bible speaks of this:

2 Cor. 6:14-15
14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? 15 And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?

Prov. 4:23
Above all else, guard your heart,
for everything you do flows from it.

1 Cor. 15:33
Do not be deceived: 'Evil company corrupts good habits.'

Food for thought: How could a quality marriage be built and maintained if you disagree on the most crucial issue in the universe—the Lord Jesus Christ?

Praying.

God bless,
GE

Hi GoldenEagle,

I don't think it is a problem.

Corinthians 7 is actually pretty explicit about marriage. At least the word husband and wife have a more clear-cut significance than "yoked together".

7:12 But to the rest speak I, not the Lord: If any brother hath a wife that believeth not, and she be pleased to dwell with him, let him not put her away.

7:13 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him.

7:14 For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts
Welcome Stuart.

The Scriptures you quoted from Corinthians are addressing those who accepted Christ while already married. Scripture is clear that marrying an unbeliever will bring us nothing but hurt. However, you have free will and a right to ignore this cautioning, of course.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,453 posts
Welcome~!

worshiper70

worshiper70

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Welcome to Worthy!

gbde90

gbde90
  • Banned
  • 11 posts

Welcome Stuart.

The Scriptures you quoted from Corinthians are addressing those who accepted Christ while already married.

Can you provide scriptural evidence that this is the case?

I don't think you can. If you could, then the Bible would admit that you can be a Christian at a certain point of time and then lose your salvation later. So, either salvation is not permanent or the Bible is contradictory. I am not ready to follow this path.

Much simpler to admit what Paul writes, black on white. And I doubt that Paul would write things which do not correspond to the will of our Lord.

In Christ

Stu

Edited by gbde90, 31 January 2013 - 05:34 AM.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network