christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hello from Germany

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
24 replies to this topic

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
Guten Morgen, Bruder, welcome to the board, I'm very glad you're here.

roxx

roxx
  • Members
  • 62 posts

Hello, I am a young British-born Christian from Germany. I have been a Christian all my life although I have many atheist friends (including my girlfriend).
I accept evolution theory and I am thinking to study biology. I decided to join after reading some interesting debates in the Outer Court.

Not sure how to post things and join chat, tho.

Welcome Stuart.

The Scriptures you quoted from Corinthians are addressing those who accepted Christ while already married.

Can you provide scriptural evidence that this is the case?

I don't think you can. If you could, then the Bible would admit that you can be a Christian at a certain point of time and then lose your salvation later. So, either salvation is not permanent or the Bible is contradictory. I am not ready to follow this path.

Much simpler to admit what Paul writes, black on white. And I doubt that Paul would write things which do not correspond to the will of our Lord.

In Christ

Stu

Welcome Stuart.

The Scriptures you quoted from Corinthians are addressing those who accepted Christ while already married.

I don't think you can. If you could, then the Bible would admit that you can be a Christian at a certain point of time and then lose your salvation later. So, either salvation is not permanent or the Bible is contradictory. I am not ready to follow this path.

Much simpler to admit what Paul writes, black on white. And I doubt that Paul would write things which do not correspond to the will of our Lord.

In Christ

Stu

Welcome Stuart.

In Christ

Stu

welcome, gbde90, you will so like being here, not to worry the people here will assist you in any help you need to learn about this site. and they are very encouraging, so hop on broad and just have fun be your self....i am new just a few months and its been very up lifting so far...

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,801 posts

I don't think you can. If you could, then the Bible would admit that you can be a Christian at a certain point of time and then lose your salvation later. So, either salvation is not permanent or the Bible is contradictory. I am not ready to follow this path.....

Some Will Taste

O taste and see that the LORD is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him. Psalms 34:8

And Will Swallow

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

Whereas Most Will Hear

Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.

When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.

But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.

He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.

But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty. Matthew 13:18-23

But They Will

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

Spit

And they said, There is no hope:

but we will walk after our own devices,

and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

~

And Don't

Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
But every man is tempted, when he is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.
Then when lust hath conceived, it bringeth forth sin: and sin, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.
James 1:13-15

Blame It On God

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

You See Dear Brother

But without faith it is impossible to please him:

for he that cometh to God must believe that he is,

and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

~

Believe

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:9-14

And Be Blessed Beloved

Jesus answered and said unto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?
Verily, verily, I say unto thee, We speak that we do know, and testify that we have seen; and ye receive not our witness.

If I have told you earthly things, and ye believe not, how shall ye believe, if I tell you of heavenly things?

And no man hath ascended up to heaven, but he that came down from heaven, even the Son of man which is in heaven.
And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
John 3:10-15

Love, Joe

Stucky

Stucky
  • Banned
  • 19 posts
willkommen gbde90 :biggrin2:

wingnut-

wingnut-

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
welcome to worthy :)

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network