christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

About the Sabbath 7th. Day Gen. 2:2

* * * * * 2 votes

• Please log in to reply
103 replies to this topic

ejected

ejected
  • Members
  • 80 posts
The sabbath was a picture of Christ. We enter into His rest from our dead works. We shall do no work(works) in the sabbath (Jesus) for we enter that rest by faith.

Brother Paul

Brother Paul

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Can we get out of context when we overlook about the Sabbath 7th.Day from the begining Genesis 2:2 ? but was that day set apart for man to fellowship with his maker for a particular reason? and was that day santified on a certain day of the week like Mon. -Sun. or was it from its origin on that 7th day like it says from Gen. 2:2 ? It is our belief that The Sabbath Day was and still is the 7th. day of GOD's creation of this universe on earth. Eventhough we are among different sequence of calendars for different nations. How would one discover how to keep the 7th. day Sabbath holy from all the rest of the days like it says in Exodus 20:8, Luke 4:16, Acts 17:2. surely Moses, Jesus, and the apostle Paul did not break the context of the holy scriptures. but are we suppose to do likewise or go about doing our own way shape, form, or fasion? Because some of us use to keep Sunday or on any day of the week or still do count from Sun. to Sun. (like we use to) until we had stuided through the different times of sequences to get to the full knowledge of the love of the truth by doing so inorder to come under certain scriptures rightly dividing the words of the truth II Tim. 2:15. Would there be a difference in the way that you would remember to keep the Sabbath Day Holy? or do you keep any or all days the same?

Genesis 2:2 is not about man fellowshipping with God at all and does not say this. The word here Shaw-bath is not the same word as Shabbat (which nowhere appears until Exodus) and it refers specifically to His ceasing and desisting from creating. You do not "keep the Sabbath" as God commanded you keep it as was the man made tradition surrounding it that Jesus and Paul kept as was their "custom" and they also kept the Feast of Dedication (Hannuakah) all there lives as was their custom (do you?). Attending synagogue or Temple on the 7th day Sabbath was invented by men during the Babylonian captivity (to preserve the faith). Before then all Israel and Judah convocated and rested in all their dwellings and did not go to a place to gather in corporate worship. God nowhere commanded this so not doing it is not a violation of His command. 

chance

chance
  • Members
  • 89 posts

First of all, let's get out of the old testament and the law. The sabbath was never given to gentiles. Now, let's go to the new testament. Romans chapter 14 begining in verse five is a good place to start.

BlindSeeker

BlindSeeker

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,210 posts

The sabbath was a picture of Christ. We enter into His rest from our dead works. We shall do no work(works) in the sabbath (Jesus) for we enter that rest by faith.

Why then are we instructed , "Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief."

• Guests

First of all, let's get out of the old testament and the law. The sabbath was never given to gentiles. Now, let's go to the new testament. Romans chapter 14 beginning in verse five is a good place to start.

Yeap~!

For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Matthew 5:18

BlessedByTheBest

BlessedByTheBest

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

there are two different kinds of laws in the bible: ceremonial and moral.  all of the ceremonial laws were abolished because they were connected to the old testament sacrificial system, which included about a dozen different ceremonial Sabbaths, as well as feast days and new moon festivals.  jews were only allowed to eat and drink certain things on the feast days (e.g., bitter herbs and unleavened bread, etc.), and paul spoke to them about that because he understood that they were new to the faith and were still being graffed in.  ephesians and colossians clearly say that all of those ceremonial laws were abolished:

Romans 14 Him that is weak in the faith receive ye, but not to doubtful disputations.

For one believeth that he may eat all things: another, who is weak, eateth herbs.

Let not him that eateth despise him that eateth not; and let not him which eateth not judge him that eateth: for God hath received him.

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand.

One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.

He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day, to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks; and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks.

Colossians 2:14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances that was against us, which was contrary to us, and took it out of the way, nailing it to his cross;

16 Let no man therefore judge you in meat, or in drink, or in respect of an holyday, or of the new moon, or of the sabbath days:

Ephesians 2: 15 Having abolished in his flesh the enmity, even the law of commandments contained in ordinances; for to make in himself of twain one new man, so making peace;

the moral law (the ten commandments and laws that extend from them) WAS NOT abolished.  the seventh-day Sabbath is part of the moral law.  here are some scriptures in both the old testament and the new testament that make it clear that the seventh-day Sabbath is still binding and that all of the saints will keep it throughout all of eternity:

Isaiah  22 For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the Lord, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23 And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the Lord.

[Note: the new moons and Sabbaths that are mentioned in those verses are not ceremonial in nature; they are simply referring to increments of time (one Sabbath to another equals one week, and one new moon to another equals one month.  notice that they say that all of the saints will keep them throughout all of eternity, long after the new covenant was established and jesus died on the cross.)]

Matthew 14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.

15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day:

[Note: the verses above clearly refer to events that would take place at the end of time, long after the new covenant was established and jesus died on the cross.  verse 20 says that Christians will go through the tribulation and that we shouldn't flee in the winter or on the seventh-day Sabbath.  if the seventh-day Sabbath were abolished, and if we weren't going to go through the tribulation, then obviously jesus wouldn't have told us not to flee the tribulation on it.]

Hebrews 4 Let us therefore fear, lest, a promise being left us of entering into his rest, any of you should seem to come short of it.

For unto us was the gospel preached, as well as unto them: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

For we which have believed do enter into rest, as he said, As I have sworn in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest: although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

For he spake in a certain place of the seventh day on this wise, And God did rest the seventh day from all his works.

And in this place again, If they shall enter into my rest.

Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:

Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.

There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

11 Let us labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief.

verses 10 and 11 of hebrews 4 clearly say that we should cease from our works on the same day of the week that god ceased from his.  what day of the week did god cease from his works on?

Genesis 2 Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

you are preaching bondage.  while there may be a supposed divide between the ceremonial and moral laws, there is no denying the 7th day Sabbath is intrinsically linked to Israel.

be fully persuaded in your own mind, and judge not.

take an unbiased look at these, and then decide if anything else is required of you beyond accepting God's grace through faith in the finished work of Christ Jesus.

http://www.babylonfo...antsabbath.html

http://loudcry.org/b...abbath-keeping/

BlessedByTheBest

BlessedByTheBest

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

Why then are we instructed , "Let us labor therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of unbelief."

the "labor" is faith.

BlessedByTheBest

BlessedByTheBest

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
if the moral law is ingrained in our hearts through the love of Him that loved us first, then everything pertaining to ALL laws were merely shadows of the true substance of who we now are in Christ.
they were all stimulants of conscience in order to realize we were in need of a Purifier.

every day is Holy, for everyday is the Lord's, and i enjoy contemplating the grandeur of His goodness as i observe His creation and walk in fellowship with Him daily.

Christ Jesus is the ultimate Sabbath rest.

ejected

ejected
  • Members
  • 80 posts

U know how hard it is to get saved by faith alone...."enter in at the door.....for many will fail to find it" [mine] Luke 13:24. Then if they do 'find it', religion begins to pile legalism on, like wet blankets, to quench the Spirit, and to bring back into bondage the captive that was set free from the flesh. From the worlds bondage of sin/flesh to the churches bondage of law/flesh. we r to walk after the Spirit, not after the flesh. 'Who hath bewitched you?' Gal.3:1. 'Be not entangled again  with a yoke of bondage?' Gal 5:1. So can u see the war/battle/struggle that each believer will face once they have been born from above to maintain the fellowship of the Spirit, resisting any form of outward 'works'?.....but walk according to the Spirit within and those 'laws' written on the tablets of the heart by the regeneration'. Check Jeremiah 31:33.  'You began in the Spirit, why do u now want to finish up in the flesh?' Check Gal.3:3. So we must labor to stay in grace. Stay in that tranquil Sabbath rest from our own works. Jesus is the Sabbath rest.

Edited by ejected, 28 July 2013 - 08:54 AM.

BlindSeeker

BlindSeeker

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,210 posts

the "labor" is faith.

Perhaps a little bit more expository is necessary to clarify your succinct assertion. 

Surely you can muster up at least a decent paragraph and some appropriate scriptures.

Please tell us then, "What is the 'labor' of faith"

Brother Paul

Brother Paul

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Yes that is our time of labor and our duty...to labor to enter that rest...once we have entered (been baptized into Christ...and I did not say once we get baptized) all labors to obtain salvation, righteousness, God's approval etc., ceases and desists...He is the shabbat and we are IN HIM

BlessedByTheBest

BlessedByTheBest

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

the "labor" is faith.

Perhaps a little bit more expository is necessary to clarify your succinct assertion. 

Surely you can muster up at least a decent paragraph and some appropriate scriptures.

why a paragraph, when your answer lies within the very verse you questioned?

BlessedByTheBest

BlessedByTheBest

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

the new testament makes it clear that, although no one is saved by keeping any law, all of the ten commandments should be established.  that includes the commandment to keep the seventh-day Sabbath. 

<snip>

then please enlighten me as to where we are shown how to "keep it" in the New Testament.

BlessedByTheBest

BlessedByTheBest

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

although the bible makes it clear that no one is saved by keeping any law, I provided numerous scriptures in both the old testament and the new testament that say that the seventh-day Sabbath should be established alongside the other nine commandments. 

all you have done is recite passages that appear to support your interpretation without using the entire counsel of God.

how do you interpret that the 7th day Sabbath is established by the born-again believer in Christ, in your own words?

how do you establish it?

Isaiah 66 says that all of the saints will keep the seventh-day Sabbath every week throughout all of eternity, which is long after the new covenant was established and jesus died on the cross. 

that is in eternity, not the Church age.

matthew 24 commands believers not to flee the tribulation in the winter or on the seventh-day Sabbath.  clearly it is referring to events that will take place at the end of time, long after the new covenant was established and jesus died on the cross. 

Matthew 24 commands JEWS, not believers.  it says them which be in JUDAEA.

Hebrews 4 makes it clear that all believers should rest on the same day of the week that god rested from his works on, and genesis 2 says that he rested from his works on the seventh-day Sabbath.

Hebrews 4 verse 3 says that there is a rest for we which have BELIEVED in the Gospel of Christ.  not a rest for we which "keep a 7th day Sabbath".  you keep pointing at the shadows of the Substance which came and is Risen.

we are no longer under the law, the law was fulfilled in Christ, and we are to now walk in the spirit by the Law of Christ.

there were about a dozen different ceremonial Sabbaths that were abolished because they were connected to the old testament sacrificial system, but the seventh-day Sabbath isn't ceremonial in nature; it is part of the moral law (the ten commandments and laws that extend from them).

i know it's not a ceremony, because i remember the Sabbath everyday.  but i am still waiting for you to teach me how i am to "keep it holy".  and if i am doing it wrong, will you stone me to death?

this discussion would be more fruitful if you expressed how you keep the 10 commandments.

you keep repeating how you are not saved by the law, yet insist on declaring how it has never been abolished.

what exactly do you plan on accomplishing by this?  do you believe what you are doing here is edifying the body of Christ?

are you a robot?

BlessedByTheBest

BlessedByTheBest

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

"that is in eternity, not the Church age."

why would god establish the seventh-day Sabbath for old testament christians, abolish it for new testament Christians, then re-establish it throughout all of eternity?  if it served as a memorial to his creative ability in the old testament, and it is to serve as a memorial to his creative ability throughout all of eternity, then why wouldn't it serve the same purpose for you and i today? 

i'll answer these, but first, i'm gonna need you to man up and answer mine, Scrooge.   :laughing: 

"how do you interpret that the 7th day Sabbath is established by the born-again believer in Christ, in your own words?

how do you establish it?"

and

"then please enlighten me as to where we are shown how to "keep it" in the New Testament."

------

"Matthew 24 commands JEWS, not believers.  it says them which be in JUDAEA."

if you read all of the verses that I posted in matthew 24, then you would know that the writer referred to the jews as "them" and to those who should not flee in the winter or on the Sabbath as "ye."  obviously those verses are communicating a message to the entire Christian community that is alive when the final events of earth take place before the second coming.

now you are just reaching.  someone come and help this man.

-----

"Hebrews 4 verse 3 says that there is a rest for we which have BELIEVED in the Gospel of Christ.  not a rest for we which "keep a 7th day Sabbath"."

I believed in the gospel of Christ yesterday when I proved you wrong with all of the scriptures that I posted.  that doesn't mean that I will be any less required to keep the seventh-day Sabbath this Saturday than I was last saturday.  I don't know how much more clear that the new testament could be that all of god's people should rest on the same day of the week that god rested from his works on.

your erroneous interpretation of the scriptures you posted proved nothing more than revealing the reason why you feel the need to observe the Sabbath.

i am happy for you, but don't try to say i need to do the same until you can show me exactly how from NT scripture.

------

"we are no longer under the law, the law was fulfilled in Christ, and we are to now walk in the spirit by the Law of Christ."

i already explained that being "under the law" means to believe that people are saved by keeping the law, and that no one is saved by keeping any law.  i also explained that the moral law is supposed to act as a mirror, to show us our sin, so that we'll turn to Christ.  since the moral law tells us what sin is, and since sin wouldn't exist without it, teaching that the moral law has been abolished through Christ's obedience is tantamount to teaching that we have no need for Christ to save us from our sins.  rather, the bible instructs us to establish all ten of god's holy commandments:

Romans 3:31 Do we then make void the law through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the law.

"how do you interpret that the 7th day Sabbath is established by the born-again believer in Christ, in your own words?

how do you establish it?"

and

"then please enlighten me as to where we are shown how to "keep it" in the New Testament."

BlindSeeker

BlindSeeker

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,210 posts

I would like someone to simply show credible scripture evidence that what God wrote in stone with His own finger was later changed by Him in function and observance from Saturday to Sunday. A whole lot of effort goes into refuting what God clearly established while everyone simply accepts without scriptural basis Sunday as the new and improved "Lord's Day." It was never called in scripture anywhere the "Jewish Sabbath," since it sanctification and blessing were declared at its inception. It has always been declared to be “The Lord’s Sabbath,” nothing less.

There is only one ordinance God wrote in stone with His own finger, the fourth commandment. Yet it seems to be something that God is going to declare as justification for laying waste the whole earth.

Isaiah 24:3 The land shall be utterly emptied, and utterly spoiled: for the LORD hath spoken this word.  4 The earth mourneth and fadeth away, the world languisheth and fadeth away, the haughty people of the earth do languish.  5 The earth also is defiled under the inhabitants thereof; because they have transgressed the laws, changed the ordinance, broken the everlasting covenant. 6 Therefore hath the curse devoured the earth, and they that dwell therein are desolate: therefore the inhabitants of the earth are burned, and few men left. 

Willa

Willa

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,990 posts
  • Interests:Birdwatching, Bible study
In Acts 15:24-29 we are told that the gentiles are only to avoid meat sacreficed to idols, meat that has been strangled, blood and sexual immorality. The food regulations were meant to avoid idolitry and the practices associated with the practices of heathens. Later they also asked for a contribution for the poor in Jeruselem, (and it is not surprising that it was the poorest areas were those that contributed sacrificially since they had most compassion for their suffering.) Otherwise, the law is writtin on the hearts of believers
Paul's custom was to go to the synagogs to preach until he was kicked out, and then he would go to the gentiles. So he worshipped on Saturday and then kept the feast of the resurrection with the gentiles. Christians have always kept the feast of the resurrection on Sunday.
The Jewish "sacrements", or the symbols of their faith, have been circumcision and the keeping of the sabboath. Jews are required to do these, not gentiles. Our family keeps every day alike, dedicating every day to the Lord and praying without ceasing. We have entered the sabboath rest by ceasing from our own works and walking in the Spirit. That is how we enter the rest--by ceasing from our own self effort and struggling to be good enough to go to heaven.. We no longer are under the schoolmaster of the law, because it's purpose was to bring us to Christ by showing us that no one can keep the law perfectly except for Jesus. Galatians. His righteousness was imparted to us at the cross. The law and its accusations were nailed to the cross, according to Colosians. When we walk in the Spirit we do not fulfill the lusts of the flesh. Romans 8., Galatians. (Those who continue to practice sin shall not inherit the kingdom of heaven. John in Revelations,, Paul in 1 Cor, and even Peter state this. We are not free to commit sin but to walk according to the Spirit.) That is why we gentiles are not required to keep Saturday as our day of worship. I supposed people who want to can, but we are are not under the law and are not in any way required to do so. But those who feel required to do so are also under the rest of the law as well, including the ceremonial laws, and those who stumble at one point of the law are guilty of all. So don't carry anything, cook, travel etc. That is why they called it burdensome.

BlindSeeker

BlindSeeker

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,210 posts

.... So he worshipped on Saturday and then kept the feast of the resurrection with the gentiles. Christians have always kept the feast of the resurrection on Sunday.....

Feast of the resurrection? Can you provide scriptural support for such a feast as this? And why sunday?

BlessedByTheBest

BlessedByTheBest

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts

I would like someone to simply show credible scripture evidence that what God wrote in stone with His own finger was later changed by Him in function and observance from Saturday to Sunday. A whole lot of effort goes into refuting what God clearly established while everyone simply accepts without scriptural basis Sunday as the new and improved "Lord's Day." It was never called in scripture anywhere the "Jewish Sabbath," since it sanctification and blessing were declared at its inception. It has always been declared to be “The Lord’s Sabbath,” nothing less.

false.  only the very first Sabbath wasn't Jewish.

Exo 20:2  I am the LORD thy God, which have brought thee out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. 

Deu 5:12  Keep the sabbath day to sanctify it, as the LORD thy God hath commanded thee. 

Deu 5:13  Six days thou shalt labour, and do all thy work: 
Deu 5:14  But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, nor thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thine ox, nor thine ass, nor any of thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates; that thy manservant and thy maidservant may rest as well as thou. 
Deu 5:15  And remember that thou wast a servant in the land of Egypt, and that the LORD thy God brought thee out thence through a mighty hand and by a stretched out arm: therefore the LORD thy God commanded thee to keep the sabbath day. 

and you are succumbing to the deceptive false paradigm of Saturday vs Sunday.

the weekly Sabbath was itself a feast day, specifically for the Israelites.  there can be no "keeping of the Sabbath" without animal sacrifice.

Lev 23:1  And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, 
Lev 23:2  Speak unto the children of Israel, and say unto them, Concerning the feasts of the LORD, which ye shall proclaim to be holy convocations, even these are my feasts. 
Lev 23:3  Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the LORD in all your dwellings. 
Lev 23:4  These are the feasts of the LORD, even holy convocations, which ye shall proclaim in their seasons. 

Num 28:9  And on the sabbath day two lambs of the first year without spot, and two tenth deals of flour for a meat offering, mingled with oil, and the drink offering thereof: 
Num 28:10  This is the burnt offering of every sabbath, beside the continual burnt offering, and his drink offering. 
Num 28:11  And in the beginnings of your months ye shall offer a burnt offering unto the LORD; two young bullocks, and one ram, seven lambs of the first year without spot; 

still sacrificing lambs are you?  no? then it's sacrilege.

you can't "keep it" your way, you have to "keep it" the LORD's way.  if no more sacrifices are necessary, show me a chapter and verse.

you can't, because the only way to properly keep the Sabbath, was to be a Jew in ancient Israel.

the new convenant is mercy, not judgement.

Joh 8:4  They say unto him, Master, this woman was taken in adultery, in the very act. 

Joh 8:5  Now Moses in the law commanded us, that such should be stoned: but what sayest thou? 
Joh 8:6  This they said, tempting him, that they might have to accuse him. But Jesus stooped down, and with his finger wrote on the ground, as though he heard them not. 
Joh 8:7  So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her. 
Joh 8:8  And again he stooped down, and wrote on the ground. 
Joh 8:9  And they which heard it, being convicted by their own conscience, went out one by one, beginning at the eldest, even unto the last: and Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. 
Joh 8:10  When Jesus had lifted up himself, and saw none but the woman, he said unto her, Woman, where are those thine accusers? hath no man condemned thee? 
Joh 8:11  She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more. 

Christ Jesus has authority over all the law and all the prophets.

19Duggarfan

19Duggarfan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,213 posts
  • Interests:Bible, Christian History,
    Running, Football

28)  Come unto Me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you REST.

29)  Take My yoke upon you, and learn of Me, for I Am meek and lowly in heart, and ye shall find REST unto your souls.

30)  For My yoke is easy, and My burden is light.

Matthew 11:28-30

In the above passage Jesus tells us to take His yoke upon ourselves, or His labour, but we can not do this apart from the Holy Ghost.  We are told in Ephesians 2:8-9 that we are saved by grace thru faith, not of works least any man should boast.  But in the following verse we see that we are created in Christ Jesus for good works.

For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them.

Ephesians 2:10

We can only do this by resting In Christ Jesus and letting the Hoy Spirit work His work in us.  Jesus also calls Himself the Lord of the Sabbath, Matthew 12:8; Mark 12:28; Luke 6:5.

For he that is entered into His REST, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from His.

Hebrews 4:10

For in Christ Jesus I'm free from the beggarly matters of  the law, Galatians 4:8-11; and as He stated in Matthew, I find my true Rest in His finish work (John 19:30; Hebrews 10:14-18).  So that as God rest the Seventh Day, after He completed His Creation; I now rest in the finish work of Christ Jesus on the Cross.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it He had rested from all His work, which God created and made.

Genesis 2:4

Just as God rested from His work on the Seventh day we as Christian can wholly/holy rest in the Finished Work of Christ on the Cross, and let His Spirit do His work in us.

Just my 2 cents worth.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2015 part of the Worthy Network