Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Please explain....

37 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

.... its nowhere found in scripture that one continues with folks who reject Jesus and the gospel, at least not as close companions, we don't see anyone in the new testiment doing that....

Sure Enough

And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

But if the unbelieving depart, let him depart. A brother or a sister is not under bondage in such cases: but God hath called us to peace.

For what knowest thou, O wife, whether thou shalt save thy husband? or how knowest thou, O man, whether thou shalt save thy wife? But as God hath distributed to every man, as the Lord hath called every one, so let him walk. And so ordain I in all churches. 1 Corinthians 7:13-17

Close Enough

Posted · Report post

..... Can people please stop judging me and telling me I am unwise?

I may be the only Christian influence in their lives at the moment.....

So

Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.

Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.

Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven. Matthew 5:14-16

True

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4

Posted · Report post

Thank you for your support Brother Joe :emot-hug:

Posted · Report post

Let me clarify.

I do not go to any non-believer asking for advice.

I have already stated that I have 2 Christian women I seek advice from, they are my true and trusted confidantes.

This group of friends I spoke about in the OP are work mates whom I have worked with for the last 6 years. I call them friends....

however......

We do not hang out on weekends or weekenights.

The only time we "hang out" is after work about once every two months for a cup of coffee.

Can people please stop judging me and telling me I am unwise?

I may be the only Christian influence in their lives at the moment.

I read through the post and I can't find anyone calling you unwise, yes it appears you may be the only light and salt your friends have in their lives, the trick is will you change them or will they change you.

I hate to say it but unless you have had a road to Damascus conversion where your willing to be whipped and beaten, stoned and shipwrecked, walking with an unshakable faith such as the apostle Paul, hanging out after work with unsaved will either be a mission work or a slow desalination of your saltiness.

just curious but what venue does this after work hanging out take place, a bar or a bible study?

Posted · Report post

.... just curious but what venue does this after work hanging out take place, a bar or a bible study....

What Venue Indeed

And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. Luke 14:23

Posted · Report post

.... just curious but what venue does this after work hanging out take place, a bar or a bible study....

????

And the lord said unto the servant, Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. Luke 14:23

so if there going to a nude pole dancin bar a Christian should just think of it as part of the job in ministry

Posted · Report post

.... so if there going to a nude pole dancin bar a Christian should just think of it as part of the job in ministry....

Beloved, Such Things Ought Not Even Be Mentioned

But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Ephesians 5:3

And Just Who Are We To Be Slinging Stones

Who art thou that judgest another man's servant? to his own master he standeth or falleth. Yea, he shall be holden up: for God is able to make him stand. Romans 14:4

At Our Long Suffering Baby Sister

And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Matthew 18:5:7

Posted (edited) · Report post

.... so if there going to a nude pole dancin bar a Christian should just think of it as part of the job in ministry....

Beloved, Such Things Ought Not Even Be Mentioned

But fornication, and all uncleanness, or covetousness, let it not be once named among you, as becometh saints; Ephesians 5:3

And Just Who Are We To Be Slinging Stones

At Our Long Suffering Baby Sister

And whoso shall receive one such little child in my name receiveth me.

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea.

Woe unto the world because of offences! for it must needs be that offences come; but woe to that man by whom the offence cometh! Matthew 18:5:7

who is slinging stones friend? I was just checking what you might consider to be to far into the world for ministry.........we all have a line in the sand that won't be crossed,

but one might consider what is the purpose of this meeting, is it actually to minister to the unsaved or just hang out and be friends

Edited by back2thebible

Posted · Report post

????

so if there going to a nude pole dancin bar a Christian should just think of it as part of the job in ministry

Please, don't go to the extreme in your mind to try and prove your position. Deal with what you have been told and don't and to it.

Posted · Report post

I read through the post and I can't find anyone calling you unwise, yes it appears you may be the only light and salt your friends have in their lives, the trick is will you change them or will they change you.

I hate to say it but unless you have had a road to Damascus conversion where your willing to be whipped and beaten, stoned and shipwrecked, walking with an unshakable faith such as the apostle Paul, hanging out after work with unsaved will either be a mission work or a slow desalination of your saltiness.

just curious but what venue does this after work hanging out take place, a bar or a bible study?

The "venue" is a coffee shop where they sell coffee and tea.

Trust me, I have lived without God in my life - would I want to go back to that lifestyle? Let's just say that there is no comparison between the two lifestyles and I would have to be an utter fool to want to go back to my worldly lifestyle. Nothing about it attracts me in the least - that old life is dead to me.

Posted · Report post

The "venue" is a coffee shop where they sell coffee and tea.

Trust me, I have lived without God in my life - would I want to go back to that lifestyle? Let's just say that there is no comparison between the two lifestyles and I would have to be an utter fool to want to go back to my worldly lifestyle. Nothing about it attracts me in the least - that old life is dead to me.

thats great! I actually have mistaken your original post to be from another poster who was struggling with their faith, which is why I responded the way I did, opps! my bad!.......have a blessed day!

Posted · Report post

????

Please, don't go to the extreme in your mind to try and prove your position. Deal with what you have been told and don't and to it.

I'd respond but I can't understand what you are saying .........."And don't to it"????

you will find everyone has unseen boundries and lines that they don't cross as Christians, I like to see where peoples lines are drawn in there walk

some Christians for their own safety and wisedom can go so far into the enemies camp, others can go so deep they lose their way to come back

we know that Paul became all things to all men as a ploy to lead them to salvation, but I wouldn't perceive this to mean he became a drunkard to reach the drunk, or a fornicator to reach the premiscuous

Posted · Report post

????

I'd respond but I can't understand what you are saying .........."And don't to it"????

you will find everyone has unseen boundries and lines that they don't cross as Christians, I like to see where peoples lines are drawn in there walk

some Christians for their own safety and wisedom can go so far into the enemies camp, others can go so deep they lose their way to come back

we know that Paul became all things to all men as a ploy to lead them to salvation, but I wouldn't perceive this to mean he became a drunkard to reach the drunk, or a fornicator to reach the premiscuous

don't want to seem like duh ...= and don't add to it!!!!!!!!!!!!

????

ha ha ha you write an unintelligible post and you tell me DUH!........lol you are funny!

Edited by back2thebible

Posted · Report post

????

ha ha ha you write an unintelligible post and you tell me DUH!........lol you are funny!

at least I have some sort of worth to you then :happyhappy:

Posted · Report post

.... ha ha ha you write an unintelligible post and you tell me DUH!........lol you are funny!....

Thank You, Thank You Very Much

A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones. Proverbs 17:22

Posted · Report post

we know that Paul became all things to all men as a ploy to lead them to salvation,

Ploy is the wrong word to use when talking about Paul.

ploy

/ploi/

Noun

A cunning plan or action designed to turn a situation to one's own advantage.

Synonyms

trick

Paul was no trickster - Paul actually cared for the lost. He did not lead the lost to Salvation for his own advantage - no.

Romans 9:1-3

King James Version (KJV)

9 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

we know that Paul became all things to all men as a ploy to lead them to salvation,

Ploy is the wrong word to use when talking about Paul.

ploy

/ploi/

Noun

A cunning plan or action designed to turn a situation to one's own advantage.

Synonyms

trick

Paul was no trickster - Paul actually cared for the lost. He did not lead the lost to Salvation for his own advantage - no.

Romans 9:1-3

King James Version (KJV)

9 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,

2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.

3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:

His own words say this 2 Corinthians 12:16

16 But be that as it may, I did not burden you. Nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you by cunning!

I believe you did mention cunning, hopefully your not going to accuse Paul of being a liar

Edited by back2thebible

Posted · Report post

Why would I accuse Paul of being a liar?

I mentioned the word you used - ploy.

Do you think Paul is referring to being deceitful?

Posted · Report post

.... His own words say this 2 Corinthians 12:16 16 But be that as it may, I did not burden you. Nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you by cunning!

I believe you did mention cunning, hopefully your not going to accuse Paul of being a liar...

http://bible.cc/2_corinthians/12-16.htm

~

The Truth Of The Matter Is

For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ. 2 Corinthians 2:15-17

Paul's Words Are God's Words

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

And Here Is What Brother Saul Really Said

I'm ready to visit you for a third time, and I won't bother you for help. I don't want your possessions. Instead, I want you. Children shouldn't have to provide for their parents, but parents should provide for their children. I will be very glad to spend whatever I have. I'll even give myself for you. Do you love me less because I love you so much? You agree, then, that I haven't been a burden to you. Was I a clever person who trapped you by some trick? Did I take advantage of you through any of the men I sent you? I encouraged Titus to visit you, and I sent my friend with him. Did Titus take advantage of you? Didn't we have the same motives and do things the same way? 2 Corinthians 12:14-18 (GOD'S WORD ® Translation)

Perhaps Your Arm Is Getting Sore From Stoning Beloved Saul?

Perhaps Not

Love, Joe

Posted · Report post

.... His own words say this 2 Corinthians 12:16 16 But be that as it may, I did not burden you. Nevertheless, being crafty, I caught you by cunning!

I believe you did mention cunning, hopefully your not going to accuse Paul of being a liar...

http://bible.cc/2_co...hians/12-16.htm

~

For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

To the one we are the savour of death unto death; and to the other the savour of life unto life. And who is sufficient for these things?

For we are not as many, which corrupt the word of God: but as of sincerity, but as of God, in the sight of God speak we in Christ. 2 Corinthians 2:15-17

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished unto all good works. 2 Timothy 3:16-17

I'm ready to visit you for a third time, and I won't bother you for help. I don't want your possessions. Instead, I want you. Children shouldn't have to provide for their parents, but parents should provide for their children. I will be very glad to spend whatever I have. I'll even give myself for you. Do you love me less because I love you so much? You agree, then, that I haven't been a burden to you. Was I a clever person who trapped you by some trick? Did I take advantage of you through any of the men I sent you? I encouraged Titus to visit you, and I sent my friend with him. Did Titus take advantage of you? Didn't we have the same motives and do things the same way? 2 Corinthians 12:14-18 (GOD'S WORD ® Translation)

Perhaps Not

Love, Joe

:thumbsup:

Posted · Report post

~

Perhaps Not

Love, Joe

stoning Paul now are we? because I say he is crafty and cunning?.....ha ha ha according to scripture he is by far a very cunning and brave soldier of Christ, did he use deceit or trickery to bring people to Christ?

well It depends if you believe that Paul really believed people of Athens had made an altar for the God of the Jews and it was really built and constructed for the one true God creator of the world, I'm not sure anyone of that time period would be convinced that this was the case, since the One True God would never share worship with other gods, and any altar contructed for His worship had precise methods for altar construction

but being a cunning and crafty fellow as Paul is, he used this very altar to share the one true gospel about the One True God, and I applaud his clever opening, even the angels are not as shrewd when it comes to humans (see Luke 16:8) but God commends the shrewd manager, Just as God commends Paul for using an opportunity to say the unkown altar was built for Him, knowing full well that altar was not built for the God of the Israelites

Posted · Report post

.... I say he is crafty and cunning?.....ha ha ha according to scripture he is by far a very cunning and brave soldier of Christ, did he use deceit or trickery to bring people to Christ?

~

For Christ sent me not to baptize, but to preach the gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ should be made of none effect.

For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish foolishness; but unto us which are saved it is the power of God.

For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.

Where is the wise? where is the scribe? where is the disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of this world?

For after that in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save them that believe.

For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek after wisdom:

But we preach Christ crucified, unto the Jews a stumblingblock, and unto the Greeks foolishness;

But unto them which are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. 1 Corinthians 1:17-25

Posted · Report post

back2thebible

You need to realise that the Macedonian Church was poor in finances YET abundant givers,

CJB - 2 Corinthians 11 v 8 : I robbed other congregations (Macedonian church) by accepting support from them in order to serve you.(Corinthian church)

Did Paul literally rob the Macedonian congregation?

No he didn't.

Posted · Report post

Interesting topic here. Only thing id suggest is praying before going around them for it sounds like theyre testing you to see how far they can push you and of course theyll say youre wrong theyre blind for they wont look yet but in due time theyll see whether by their own choice is not up to us but the Lord

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0