christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

2017 a year to watch?

end times signs in heavens

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
Very interesting video regarding the signs in the heavens in 2017...

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,215 posts
The passage being referenced is...

Rev. 12
Now a great sign appeared in heaven: a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a garland of twelve stars. 2 Then being with child, she cried out in labor and in pain to give birth.

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
There is a guy who has been staying up to date with everything going on in the middle east and other endtimes prophecies, his name is Frank DiMora, and his website is www.endtimesresearchministry.com . That is where I got this video from. He has new videos almost every day.

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,865 posts
I think September of 2015 is going to be a time of very great trouble in the U.S.

And by the way: AGAIN I HAVE THE BRAGGING RIGHTS! February last, WHO did I say was going to be in the next Super Bowl? "Coast to Coast; brothers fighting it out; Ravens and '49s...."

AM I GOOD, OR WHAT????

My prediction for next Superbowl will be coming up shortly (some coaching stats to look at, and plug into the computer program my kid brother wrote in 1999. It's only been wrong once in 14 years now....).

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts
yet another person spending their time trying to make prophecy work with science. Its interesting, he may be right, but he may be completly wrong to. Im going with completly wrong. The Bible says we wont know the date or the time of Christs return, which means were not going to know when this all is going to take place. This is interesting, but I say its all conjecture,

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
Luke 21:11 and great earthquakes shall be in divers places, and famines, and pestiences: and fearful sights and
great signs shall there be from heaven.

Leonard, what about 2015?

bornagain2011

bornagain2011

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts
I am a girl by the way see ---> :verkle:

I am not date setting, just saying that it is interesting! God says in the Bible the stars are good for signs and for knowing times and seasons.

I think that the end times prophecies might be fulfilled on the Jewish fall holidays, since the spring ones were already fulfilled when Christ was here the first time. But I could be all wrong. But I think the ones who are watching and looking up will see the signs of the times and not be caught off guard when He returns.

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
It would be interesting to know what those signs will be. I tend to think they might be more subtle than something the size
of all those things shown in the pictures.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

It would be interesting to know what those signs will be. I tend to think they might be more subtle than something the size

I agree.

The Zodiac is Greek mytholgy. God is not going to use the gods of a pagan religion to reveal His truth.

Psalm25

Psalm25
  • Members
  • 23 posts
I really need to re-read all of Rev, but reading Rev 12 sounds like it is speaking of the past?

9 The great dragon was hurled down—that ancient serpent called the devil, or Satan, who leads the whole world astray. He was hurled to the earth, and his angels with him.
10 Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say:

“Now have come the salvation and the power
and the kingdom of our God,
and the authority of his Messiah.
For the accuser of our brothers and sisters,
who accuses them before our God day and night,
has been hurled down.
11 They triumphed over him
by the blood of the Lamb
and by the word of their testimony;
they did not love their lives so much
as to shrink from death.
12 Therefore rejoice, you heavens
and you who dwell in them!
But woe to the earth and the sea,
because the devil has gone down to you!
He is filled with fury,
because he knows that his time is short.”

Of course Satan has already fallen to earth so this has already taken place. (Luke 10:18)
Am I reading into it wrong? It sounds to me like Rev 12 has already taken place.

I can't help but understand that Rev 12 is speaking or Satans fall, "a woman clothed with the sun, with the moon under her feet and a crown of twelve stars on her head." has already taken place(?)

Edited by Psalm25, 27 February 2013 - 12:04 PM.

Psalm25

Psalm25
  • Members
  • 23 posts
Rev 12:4 4 Its tail swept a third of the stars out of the sky and flung them to the earth

The bible often refers to angels as stars... and did Satan not take a 3rd of the angels with him when he fell?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts

I am not date setting, just saying that it is interesting! God says in the Bible the stars are good for signs and for knowing times and seasons.

I think that the end times prophecies might be fulfilled on the Jewish fall holidays, since the spring ones were already fulfilled when Christ was here the first time. But I could be all wrong. But I think the ones who are watching and looking up will see the signs of the times and not be caught off guard when He returns.

And what verses are we speaking of? and be careful, this is a dangerous trail-many use the same philosophy to justify horoscopes, and its just not true. The stars are good at telling different seasons apart, and for navigating, and were used as a sign at least once-but this is a slippery slope, over what is a "sign" from God, and what is us looking to the stars for answers when we should be looking to God-its a very thin line.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,768 posts

I agree.

The Zodiac is Greek mytholgy. God is not going to use the gods of a pagan religion to reveal His truth.

I agree with that :emot-nod: man.

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

And what verses are we speaking of? and be careful, this is a dangerous trail-many use the same philosophy to justify horoscopes, and its just not true. The stars are good at telling different seasons apart, and for navigating, and were used as a sign at least once-but this is a slippery slope, over what is a "sign" from God, and what is us looking to the stars for answers when we should be looking to God-its a very thin line.

This is something I have been planning to look into. I have a friend who says world history is in the stars and if that is so, I
want to know about it.
Astronomy is God's creation while astrology is what Satan has hijacked and made ugly, like he does everything else. He loves
to imitate our Father and in doing so corrupts everything he touches. I rather think that the Tower of Babel might have been a
problem because of having to do with astrology.
http://www.mazzarothmystery.com/

I have not yet done research on this subject, but hope to soon. Anyone have any input; we could start a new thread
and discuss it.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts
the tower of babel was a problem, because man was aspiring to be God basically (same problem mankinds had since adam and eve) so God scattered the people. Same problem, different people.

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
I could be wrong, but it is an opinion I have. Now how about the Mazzaroth? Anything to it?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,472 posts
the term mazzaroth appears in Job 38:31-32 and a similar word mazalot is found in 2 kings 23-3-5. Neither of which I think were actually prophetic in nature. The heavens do indeed speak of God, and the marvels of His creation-they are, in themselves, signs of God-and they may even be used for signs of the end times, but when we get to saying "certain" constellations are signs of the end times, or this space event means this Biblical prophecy must be true-especially when all your using is terms that arn't even used prophetically in the Bible, were getting into astrology. May not be our intent, but thats exactly what were doing. Instead, maybe we should look more towards what Jesus said in Matthew 16:4:

4 mAn evil and adulterous generation seeks for a sign, but no sign will be given to it except the sign of Jonah.” So nhe left them and departed.

Im not saying that we should necessarily ignore everything the Bible says about the end times. God included all that in the Bible for a reason, but we shouldn't let that be our focus. We know that Christ is coming back-we don't know when. One of my favorite star wars quotes goes like this:
"but master yoda said we should be mindful of the future"
"but not at the expense of the present"
While, im not necessarily promoting star wars, this is a concept we as christians need to remember. Often times, we get to caught up in the end times, looking for signs, and arguing over which end time view is right, and whether this is a sign of God or not, and it can be divisive. The thing about Biblical prophecy is people don't often see it until after its been completled, because we can't see the big picture. What we need to focus on, instead of looking for all these signs-we should be looking for souls. We need to be ready every day, we need to plan for tomorrow-but be ready to day, we need to be mindful of the future, but not at the expense of the present.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network