christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Science Disproves Evolution

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
527 replies to this topic

Pahu

Pahu

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 367 posts

Distinct Types

If evolution happened, one would expect to see gradual transitions among many living things. For example, variations of dogs might blend in with variations of cats. In fact, some animals, such as the duckbilled platypus, have organs totally unrelated to their alleged evolutionary ancestors. The platypus has fur, is warm-blooded, and suckles its young as do mammals. It lays leathery eggs, has a single ventral opening (for elimination, mating, and birth), and has claws and a shoulder girdle as most reptiles do. The platypus can detect electrical currents (AC and DC) as some fish can, and has a bill somewhat like that of a duck—a bird. It has webbed forefeet like those of an otter and a flat tail like that of a beaver. The male platypus can inject poisonous venom like a pit viper. The duckbilled platypus is found only in Tasmania and eastern Australia. European scientists who first studied platypus specimens thought that a clever taxidermist had stitched together parts of different animals—a logical conclusion if one believed that each animal must be very similar to other animals. In fact, the platypus is perfectly designed for its environment. Such “patchwork” animals and plants, called mosaics, have no logical place on the so-called “evolutionary tree.”

Posted Image
Figure 5: Duckbilled Platypus. The duckbilled platypus is found only in Tasmania and eastern Australia. European scientists who first studied platypus specimens thought that a clever taxidermist had stitched together parts of different animals—a logical conclusion if one believed that each animal must be very similar to other animals. In fact, the platypus is perfectly designed for its environment.

There is no direct evidence that any major group of animals or plants arose from any other major group (a). Species are observed only going out of existence (extinctions), never coming into existence (b).

a. “And let us dispose of a common misconception. The complete transmutation of even one animal species into a different species has never been directly observed either in the laboratory or in the field.” Dean H. Kenyon (Professor of Biology, San Francisco State University), affidavit presented to the U.S. Supreme Court, No. 85–1513, Brief of Appellants, prepared under the direction of William J. Guste Jr., Attorney General of the State of Louisiana, October 1985, p. A-16. Kenyon has repudiated his earlier book advocating evolution.

“Thus so far as concerns the major groups of animals, the creationists seem to have the better of the argument. There is not the slightest evidence that any one of the major groups arose from any other. Each is a special animal complex related, more or less closely, to all the rest, and appearing, therefore, as a special and distinct creation.” Austin H. Clark, “Animal Evolution,” Quarterly Review of Biology, Vol. 3, No. 4, December 1928, p. 539.

“When we descend to details, we cannot prove that a single species has changed; nor can we prove that the supposed changes are beneficial, which is the groundwork of the theory [of evolution].” Charles Darwin, The Life and Letters of Charles Darwin, Vol. 1, p. 210.

“The fact that all the individual species must be stationed at the extreme periphery of such logic [evolutionary] trees merely emphasized the fact that the order of nature betrays no hint of natural evolutionary sequential arrangements, revealing species to be related as sisters or cousins but never as ancestors and descendants as is required by evolution.” Denton, p. 132.

b. “...no human has ever seen a new species form in nature.” Steven M. Stanley, The New Evolutionary Timetable (New York: Basic Books, Inc., 1981), p. 73.

[From “In the Beginning” by Walt Brown]

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,703 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

.... I mean, suppose someone found young earth creationism a substantial stumbling block to embracing the gospel (as I no doubt would)- the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus- do you think it would still be important to push it? You may think an evolutionary picture necessarily undermines Christ's mission, but I don't think that is the case.....

Dear One What Do You Think The Christ

For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthian 15:22

Of The Bible

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

Meant?

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39

And What

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

Would You Give

Woe unto him that striveth with his Maker! Let the potsherd strive with the potsherds of the earth. Shall the clay say to him that fashioneth it, What makest thou? or thy work, He hath no hands? Isaiah 45:9

In Trade For The Knowledge Of His Power

Remember the sabbath day, to keep it holy.
Six days shalt thou labour, and do all thy work:
But the seventh day is the sabbath of the LORD thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work, thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy manservant, nor thy maidservant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:
For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.
Exodus 20:8-11

And For The Sure Hope Of The New Creation To Shortly Come?

And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Revelation 21:4-5

And Why Would You Expect The Brothers To Feed Poison

Surely your turning of things upside down shall be esteemed as the potter's clay: for shall the work say of him that made it, He made me not? or shall the thing framed say of him that framed it, He had no understanding? Isaiah 29:16

To The Trusting Little Children?

But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea. Mark 18:6

~

Turn

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Timothy 5:2-4

Believe

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.
He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
John 1:9-12

And Be Blessed Beloved

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.

But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God. John 3:16-21

Love, Joe

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,359 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.

Pahu I can see you are passionate about this and I'd be willing to engage you on this but I don't think the board mods would be cool with that. If you are very interested in the evolutionary debate I could do it privately with you, if you'd like.

Instead maybe I can ask you about this from another angle. Considering that people can accept evolution, in varying degrees, and be fully committed theists, and Christians even, how essential do you think this particular debate is? I mean, suppose someone found young earth creationism a substantial stumbling block to embracing the gospel (as I no doubt would)- the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus- do you think it would still be important to push it? You may think an evolutionary picture necessarily undermines Christ's mission, but I don't think that is the case.

Are you saying that you do not believe scripture about the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus? I am not clear on this. I don't see how YEC can cause a stumbling block, but increase faith, knowing that we will not fully understand until we are with Him.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
  • Interests:Worship dance
    Outdoors
    Earth and Space Science

Pahu I can see you are passionate about this and I'd be willing to engage you on this but I don't think the board mods would be cool with that. If you are very interested in the evolutionary debate I could do it privately with you, if you'd like.

Instead maybe I can ask you about this from another angle. Considering that people can accept evolution, in varying degrees, and be fully committed theists, and Christians even, how essential do you think this particular debate is? I mean, suppose someone found young earth creationism a substantial stumbling block to embracing the gospel (as I no doubt would)- the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus- do you think it would still be important to push it? You may think an evolutionary picture necessarily undermines Christ's mission, but I don't think that is the case.

Are you saying that you do not believe scripture about the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus? I am not clear on this.

No, he's saying that pushing YEC gets in the way from people seeing Jesus.

I don't see how YEC can cause a stumbling block, but increase faith, knowing that we will not fully understand until we are with Him.

If you've noticed how the non-Christians on this board have reacted to YEC? YEC only increases faith if you are able to accept it, and the more it gets pushed the more skeptics find ways to reject it.

When it comes to preaching the Gospel, why don't we just introduce people to Jesus instead of trying to beat them in debate?

I think that's what he is saying, mixed with my own thoughts on the matter.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 26,359 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.

Are you saying that you do not believe scripture about the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus? I am not clear on this.

No, he's saying that pushing YEC gets in the way from people seeing Jesus.

I don't see how YEC can cause a stumbling block, but increase faith, knowing that we will not fully understand until we are with Him.

If you've noticed how the non-Christians on this board have reacted to YEC? YEC only increases faith if you are able to accept it, and the more it gets pushed the more skeptics find ways to reject it.

When it comes to preaching the Gospel, why don't we just introduce people to Jesus instead of trying to beat them in debate?

I think that's what he is saying, mixed with my own thoughts on the matter.

Thanks Neb for your take on what he is saying. Is this how you see it baryonoctet?

There are many places in scripture people can argue about. When we tell people about Christs salvation, we need to address the sin in their lives, not when the earth is created. How you stand on this subject is not an issue of salvation.

D-9

D-9

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts
  • Interests:science, philosophy of science
    religion
    politics
    fencing (foil)
Just my two cents: Unless you were brought up to believe YEC, chances are you cannot accept YEC anymore than you can accept that the Earth is flat or that 1+1=3; they all have about the same probability for most non-YECers. I agree with Bary and Neb, YEC and the non-acceptance of evolution is a great stumbling block for the vast majority of non-believers. I have friends that have stated that they cannot take a Christian seriously if they don't accept evolution.

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but the rest of the world really does look at YEC and laugh. To outsiders it is viewed as pseudoscience or worse.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,703 posts
  • Interests:The LORD bless thee, and keep thee: The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee: The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace. And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27 - - - Love, Your Brother Joe

Just my two cents: Unless you were brought up to believe YEC, chances are you cannot accept YEC anymore than you can accept that the Earth is flat or that 1+1=3; they all have about the same probability for most non-YECers. I agree with Bary and Neb, YEC and the non-acceptance of evolution is a great stumbling block for the vast majority of non-believers. I have friends that have stated that they cannot take a Christian seriously if they don't accept evolution....

The Flat Earth Was Pushed As An Official Law Of Science By The Current Religious Governmental Powers
Much Like Today's U.S. Secular Humanistic Government Pushes Stories Of Evolution As Their Overriding Legal Law Of Science

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ: Ephesians 3:9

And I Rather Doubt The Truth Is Served

I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images. Isaiah 48:8

By Evolution

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Evolution 4:11

You See

I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
2 Timothy 4:1-4

~

I'm not trying to be mean or anything, but the rest of the world really does look at YEC and laugh. To outsiders it is viewed as pseudoscience or worse....

It's OK Dear One.. You Are Very Kind

Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.
For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.
And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.
1 John 2:15-17

And Very Lost

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.
He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not.
But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:
Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:9-14

And I Bless You

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen. 2 Thessalonians 3:18

Love, Joe

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,703 posts
Seriously

Therefore whatsoever ye have spoken in darkness shall be heard in the light; and that which ye have spoken in the ear in closets shall be proclaimed upon the housetops. Luke 12:3

Think Before You Speak

But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. Matthew 12:36

And Cleave Cleave Cleave To Jesus

Set a watch, O LORD, before my mouth; keep the door of my lips. Psalms 141:3

~

Why yoke the essential points of the gospel to acceptance of a doctrine that is nearly impossible for many people to accept?

Why

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Take A Stand On The Bible

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him: And he is before all things, and by him all things consist. Colossians 1:16-17

Beloved?

What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops. Matthew 10:27

~

Good Questions Dear One

Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me. John 5:39

So Who's Words Can These Be

And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. Genesis 1:26-27

I Hear Spoken In Genesis Chapter One

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.
In him was life; and the life was the light of men.
John 1:3-4

~

Believe

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

And Be Blessed Beloved

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16

Love, Joe

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,703 posts
Damnation

For as in Adam all die, 1 Corinthians 15:22(a)

Or Salvation

even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:22(b)

And What Part Does Evolution Play In The Redemption Of Sinner Men?

Yea, hath God said, Genesis 3:1(c )

~

Instead maybe I can ask you about this from another angle. Considering that people can accept evolution, in varying degrees, and be fully committed theists, and Christians even, how essential do you think this particular debate is? I mean, suppose someone found young earth creationism a substantial stumbling block to embracing the gospel (as I no doubt would)- the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus- do you think it would still be important to push it? You may think an evolutionary picture necessarily undermines Christ's mission, but I don't think that is the case....

Are you saying that you do not believe scripture about the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus? I am not clear on this. I don't see how YEC can cause a stumbling block, but increase faith, knowing that we will not fully understand until we are with Him....

:thumbsup:

~

Most

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Spit It Out

So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God. Romans 10:17

Yet Some Won't

Thy words were found, and I did eat them; and thy word was unto me the joy and rejoicing of mine heart: for I am called by thy name, O LORD God of hosts. Jeremiah 15:16

~

Full Blown Theists Or No, Without Jesus

The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into his hand.
He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.
John 3:35-36

A Fellow Is Plumb

Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
Beware of false prophets, which come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravening wolves.
Matthew 7:13-15

Done

Thus saith the LORD; Cursed be the man that trusteth in man, and maketh flesh his arm, and whose heart departeth from the LORD. Jeremiah 17:5

~

Imagination

And they said, There is no hope: but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart. Jeremiah 18:12

Transformation

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrew 3:12

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,703 posts

FresnoJoe,

I question the wisdom of making this a big thing with nonbelievers yes. They don't believe God exists, let alone take the Bible seriously at all. They are hit with YEC and it detracts them from the essential point which is Christ doesn't it? Now they are off debating the particulars of evolution with you. And suppose you do convince them evolution has holes, then what? What of importance is gained there?

Romans 10:9 because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord.....

Jesus Is LORD

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created. Revelation 4:11

~

Beloved The Trouble With Lies Are

Much every way: chiefly, because that unto them were committed the oracles of God.
For what if some did not believe? shall their unbelief make the faith of God without effect?
Romans 3:2-3

They Just Won't Cut It

And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life. Revelation 21:27

So Watch The Fire

And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. Leviticus 10:1

You Place Before The LORD

And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD.
Then Moses said unto Aaron, This is it that the LORD spake, saying, I will be sanctified in them that come nigh me, and before all the people I will be glorified. And Aaron held his peace.
Leviticus 10:2-3

And Be Blessed Beloved

For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed. Romans 10:11

Love, Joe

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests
Controversy over heliocentrism

Main article: Galileo affair

Posted Image

Posted ImageCristiano Banti's 1857 painting Galileo facing the Roman Inquisition
Biblical references Psalm 93:1, 96:10, and 1 Chronicles 16:30 include text stating that "the world is firmly established, it cannot be moved." In the same manner, Psalm 104:5 says, "the Lord set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved." Further, Ecclesiastes 1:5 states that "And the sun rises and sets and returns to its place" etc.[51]
Galileo defended heliocentrism, and claimed it was not contrary to those Scripture passages. He took Augustine's position on Scripture: not to take every passage literally, particularly when the scripture in question is a book of poetry and songs, not a book of instructions or history. He believed that the writers of the Scripture merely wrote from the perspective of the terrestrial world, from that vantage point that the sun does rise and set. Another way to put this is that the writers would have been writing from a phenomenological point of view, or style. So Galileo claimed that science did not contradict Scripture, as Scripture was discussing a different kind of "movement" of the earth, and not rotations.[52]
By 1616 the attacks on the ideas of Copernicus had reached a head, and Galileo went to Rome to try to persuade the Catholic Church authorities not to ban Copernicus' ideas. In the end, a decree of the Congregation of the Index was issued, declaring that the ideas that the Sun stood still and that the Earth moved were "false" and "altogether contrary to Holy Scripture", and suspending Copernicus's De Revolutionibus until it could be corrected.

http://en.wikipedia....Galileo_Galilei

Nothing new here.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,703 posts

fresnojoe I suppose the question is are these verses sufficient

Romans 10:9 because if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.

1 cor 2:2 For I decided to know nothing among you except Jesus Christ and him crucified.

John 3:14,15 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, so must the Son of Man be lifted up, that whoever believes in him may have eternal life

Should it also be "but only if you also accept fully the inerrancy of the Bible, only if you accept YEC, and so on"? Because let's say you are right, and that I am in error, maybe a bad one, the question is, is that error one that negates belief in Jesus Christ and him crucified?

Yes~! Belief In The Lordship Of Jesus And In His Resurrection Is Indeed Eternal Salvation
But If The Bible Starts With A Lie About Jesus, Why Believe Anything In It
And As For Young Earth Creationists, Did You Ever Stop And Think
Salvation Will Entail Living In A Very Very Young Earth?

And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.
And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.
And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.
And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.
And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful.
Revelation 21:1-5

And If You Can Believe That (Can You?)

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept. For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

Why Should You Mock This?

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

And Join In With This?

Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake. Matthew 5:11

Strange Days at Blake Holsey High Indeed :)

And Nadab and Abihu, the sons of Aaron, took either of them his censer, and put fire therein, and put incense thereon, and offered strange fire before the LORD, which he commanded them not. And there went out fire from the LORD, and devoured them, and they died before the LORD. Leviticus 10:1-2

~

Be Blessed Beloved

But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. Therefore, my beloved brethren, be ye stedfast, unmoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, forasmuch as ye know that your labour is not in vain in the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:57-58

Love, Joe

~

PS: IMO The Pagan (The Godless) Issues Are Not Whither God Almighty Is Able To Create
The Earth In Six Days Or In Six Nanoseconds But If The God Of The Bible Is True
If Six Days Is Just Finger Play For The Mighty LORD Jesus
If That Proves True Then Their Sins Will Send
Them Straight Into Eternal Damnation

So Be Kind
And Don't Hid The Truth

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand.
For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.
If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me.
I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.
Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people.
Deuteronomy 32:39-43

Jesus Is LORD

Guest_HisG_*

Guest_HisG_*
  • Guests
This is interesting....: )

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Platypus

When the platypus was first encountered by Europeans in 1798, a pelt and sketch were sent back to Great Britain by Captain John Hunter, the second Governor of New South Wales.[4] (Australia)

British scientists' initial hunch was that the attributes were a hoax.[5] George Shaw, who produced the first description of the animal in the Naturalist's Miscellany in 1799, stated it was impossible not to entertain doubts as to its genuine nature, and Robert Knox believed it might have been produced by some Asian taxidermist.[5

] It was thought that somebody had sewn a duck's beak onto the body of a beaver-like animal. Shaw even took a pair of scissors to the dried skin to check for stitches.[6]

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
    Outdoors
    Earth and Space Science
I have come to believe that scientist might eye evolution et al with a bit more critical eye, like they do with other explorations, if they were not stuck in the evolution/YEC debates.

For instance, the change of topography (i.e. deep ravine), formation of a petrified forest, and rapid recovery being observed at Mt. St. Helens ought to pique the curiosity of scientists to re-evaluate what other topographical features could be cataclysmic-created rather than prolonged erosion-created. But only YEC'a seem to be looking into this. Why? I can only surmise that mainstream science does not want to give heed to the possibility of the appearance of evolutionary theory to be challenged.

Not sure I'm expressing this the best way, but it's something mulling in my brain.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,703 posts

I have come to believe that scientist might eye evolution et al with a bit more critical eye, like they do with other explorations, if they were not stuck in the evolution/YEC debates.

For instance, the change of topography (i.e. deep ravine), formation of a petrified forest, and rapid recovery being observed at Mt. St. Helens ought to pique the curiosity of scientists to re-evaluate what other topographical features could be cataclysmic-created rather than prolonged erosion-created. But only YEC'a seem to be looking into this. Why? I can only surmise that mainstream science does not want to give heed to the possibility of the appearance of evolutionary theory to be challenged.

Not sure I'm expressing this the best way, but it's something mulling in my brain.

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

~

A Clear Expression Of A Fundamentally Erroneous And Unscientific Assumption Made By Science (So Called)

"Except For The Big Bang, Nothing Earth Shattering Could Ever Happen Fast."

And the flood was forty days upon the earth; and the waters increased, and bare up the ark, and it was lift up above the earth.
And the waters prevailed, and were increased greatly upon the earth; and the ark went upon the face of the waters.
And the waters prevailed exceedingly upon the earth; and all the high hills, that were under the whole heaven, were covered.
Fifteen cubits upward did the waters prevail; and the mountains were covered.
And all flesh died that moved upon the earth, both of fowl, and of cattle, and of beast, and of every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth, and every man:
All in whose nostrils was the breath of life, of all that was in the dry land, died.
And every living substance was destroyed which was upon the face of the ground, both man, and cattle, and the creeping things, and the fowl of the heaven; and they were destroyed from the earth: and Noah only remained alive, and they that were with him in the ark.
And the waters prevailed upon the earth an hundred and fifty days.
Genesis 7:17-24

And Because Worthy Is A Place For Family Discussions

Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend. Proverbs 27:17

And For Family Worship Of The Creator

Sing praises to God, sing praises: sing praises unto our King, sing praises.
For God is the King of all the earth: sing ye praises with understanding.
Psalms 47:6-7

For All Lovers Of Truth

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

May I Add

For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Ephesians 6:12

Beloved, Anyone

And they were astonished out of measure, saying among themselves, Who then can be saved?
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.
Mark 10:26-27

Who Tells You Jesus Can't Do It

Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. John 3:7

Is (IMO) Neither Your Friend Nor The Friend Of God

This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you.
Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you.
Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you.
John 15:12-15

And Yet I Can Still Hear His Gentle Voice Calling Calling, Come Sinner Come

I Jesus have sent mine angel to testify unto you these things in the churches. I am the root and the offspring of David, and the bright and morning star.
And the Spirit and the bride say, Come. And let him that heareth say, Come. And let him that is athirst come. And whosoever will, let him take the water of life freely.
Revelation 22:16-17

~

Be Blessed Beloved Daughter Of The KING

The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:
The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:
The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace.

And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them. Numbers 6:24-27

Love, Your Brother Joe

~

After Thought

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge, I will also reject thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the law of thy God, I will also forget thy children. Hosea 4:6

Every scientific theory has assumptions, and the theory of evolution is no exception to this. G. A. Kerkut, a British biologist, published a book in 1960 entitled, Implications of Evolution. It is now a rare book, and finding a copy is a challenge. According to Phillip Eichman1, Kerkut lists the following seven assumptions of the theory of evolution:

• Life arose from nonliving matter (i.e., spontaneous generation occurred).
  • Spontaneous generation only occurred once.
  • Viruses, bacteria, plants and animals are interrelated.
  • Multicellular animals (metazoa) evolved from unicellular or single-celled organisms (protozoa or protists).
  • Various invertebrate phyla are interrelated.
  • Vertebrate animals evolved from invertebrate animals.
  • Vertebrate animals evolved from fish to amphibians, from amphibians to reptiles, from reptiles to birds and mammals, etc.
Spontaneous generation is an ancient belief that was synthesized by Aristotle. As far as both spontaneously generating life, Lewis Pasteur disproved this in 1859 2. However, spontaneous generation is critical for the theory of evolution. Atheistic evolution demands that it must have happened, for there is no other alternative to sustain the theory. Even though some prominent evolutionists admit to the extreme improbability of spontaneous generation, they comfort themselves in saying that there were 2 billion years available for this to occur. http://www.wayhome.o...fEvolution.html

#1 – Did you ever see an explosion cause an increase in the orderliness and complexity of anything?

#2 – Can you even imagine how to put life into chemicals, even if they are cleverly arranged into all the organs and systems of a now-dead corpse?
http://creationresou...s-of-evolution/

Love, Joe

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests
I don't think OEC necessarily implies evolution ( macro). I think YEC believers wrongly attach them.

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,992 posts
    Outdoors
    Earth and Space Science

nebula, I think from their point of view, in all honesty, evolution and the old earth is incredibly well established. So they think there are unexplained phenomena still, and there are details about evolutionary theory that they debate about, but they think the evidence of the basic outline is so overwhelming that they work within that framework. I have a feeling it might be inappropriate to get into details (well and I'm not an expert on this anyway) here, but in terms of what they are thinking that is what I understand their basic place to be.

I understand, but when something stands out like this, it should be grounds for re-assessing interpretations. I'm not saying dump the whole theory, just looking at specifics. What if, say, the Grand Canyon had it's start with a cataclysm? Yes, there has been natural erosion over the years, but what if it was "pushed ahead"? While YEC advertises such as discounting all of evolution, it doesn't have to be interpreted this way.

Thus, I think mainstream science has become close-minded in that all things are seen through the lens of "very long time frame" when a more unbiased lens can be OK with "not as long time frame" (and that again does not necessitate "short time frame").

D-9

D-9

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,934 posts
  • Interests:science, philosophy of science
    religion
    politics
    fencing (foil)

I think most scientists just ignore the YEC debate actually (that was settled over a century ago for most), and it is my understanding that they do incorporate cataclysmic events into their models. However just because there are cataclysmic events that have happened doesn't mean the Earth is young, which to me appears to be a common argument from the YEC camp; you can have an old Earth that went through major and quick changes throughout its long history. As Bary said, the evidence of an old Earth is overwhelming for the scientists looking at it, but they also recognize that sometimes cataclysmic events happen too.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 42,703 posts

I don't think OEC necessarily implies evolution ( macro). I think YEC believers wrongly attach them.

Dear One, Knowing That The Divine Power Of My LORD

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. Isaiah 65:17

Daily Is Wrongly Attacked

For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. Isaiah 66:22

Is There Any Rational Reason Why

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day. Genesis 1:31

A Bible Believer Should

Thy word is true from the beginning: and every one of thy righteous judgments endureth for ever. Psalms 119:160

Stand Down

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Matthew 7:26-27

~

To Know Him

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

Is To Respect Him

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? Jeremiah 37:27

And I Do

Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee: Jeremiah 32:17

~

Believe

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:1-14

And Be Blessed Beloved

Wherefore I give you to understand, that no man speaking by the Spirit of God calleth Jesus accursed: and that no man can say that Jesus is the Lord, but by the Holy Ghost. 1 Corinthians 12:3

Love, Joe

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

Dear One, Knowing That The Divine Power Of My LORD

For, behold, I create new heavens and a new earth: and the former shall not be remembered, nor come into mind. Isaiah 65:17

Daily Is Wrongly Attacked

For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain. Isaiah 66:22

Is There Any Rational Reason Why

A Bible Believer Should

Stand Down

And every one that heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them not, shall be likened unto a foolish man, which built his house upon the sand:
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
Matthew 7:26-27

~

To Know Him

See now that I, even I, am he, and there is no god with me: I kill, and I make alive; I wound, and I heal: neither is there any that can deliver out of my hand. For I lift up my hand to heaven, and say, I live for ever.

If I whet my glittering sword, and mine hand take hold on judgment; I will render vengeance to mine enemies, and will reward them that hate me. I will make mine arrows drunk with blood, and my sword shall devour flesh; and that with the blood of the slain and of the captives, from the beginning of revenges upon the enemy.

Rejoice, O ye nations, with his people: for he will avenge the blood of his servants, and will render vengeance to his adversaries, and will be merciful unto his land, and to his people. Deuteronomy 32:39-43

Is To Respect Him

Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me? Jeremiah 37:27

And I Do

Ah Lord GOD! behold, thou hast made the heaven and the earth by thy great power and stretched out arm, and there is nothing too hard for thee: Jeremiah 32:17

~

Believe

That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

He came unto his own, and his own received him not. But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name: Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:1-14

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

I do not contend that you are incorrect to hold to the YEC belief. I hold to the OEC belief and contend it is not contradictory to God's power in any way. Of course you would know many devout believers are OEC and do not contend God is incapable of 6 day creation. They simply contend scripture does not intend this meaning.

If you believe I am belittling my Lords power or capabilities in any way then you are mistaken, but of course entitled to your opinion.

Are you suggesting OEC believers are "calling Jesus accursed"?

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network