christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hey Football Fans!, it's an idol? We can't watch it now?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
25 replies to this topic

deedandtruth

deedandtruth
  • Members
  • 44 posts
Football is created by satan. How can u say that!?
I am a christian and play football and jesus is my everything
Ok well, i am a big time football fan too. NY Giant Fan. Though i was rooting for the ravens lol. Me and my wife, We watch the games on Sunday, watch the draft, etc. But according to what i've been researching and watching, it's an Idol, yes football is a God. It's why u hear some calling on the Football God's whether mythical or not, i believe there could be truth to this. I always keep God first, so i wouldn't consider it an idol. However, i do love it, it's what i crave, i played football my self back in my college days. I love playing sports. Below is a video that says, in a vision people who were fans of football players and their teams followed them straight to hell.(about 20 min mark) you could draw your own conclusions and opinions based on the video, but it's very interesting, supposedly michael jackson used charm rings to gain super stardom and moonwalk. I am one who wanted no part of demonic activity, but i know they come as angels of lights, i've seen them peform amazing feats, Praise God, he is greater, but don't be decevied, some things we view as harmless fun, past times, traditions can land us in hell torment. It hurts my soul.

*** Videos are to be posted in the Video Forum only ***

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,112 posts
Football is just a game. How much control you allow it to have over you can cause issues. Football, like any other sport, is a sport and is not created by satan.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,012 posts
Very true One Light. You can make an idol out of anything...... and mankind can corrupt just about anything..... even a church (IE Westburrough Baptist Church) but to most of my friends it's just a game that they can take or leave depending on what they want to do.

Personally I'd rather go eat a good steak...... which you could make into an idol also.

deedandtruth

deedandtruth
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Very true One Light. You can make an idol out of anything...... and mankind can corrupt just about anything..... even a church (IE Westburrough Baptist Church) but to most of my friends it's just a game that they can take or leave depending on what they want to do.

Personally I'd rather go eat a good steak...... which you could make into an idol also.

Sounds more like a lust, satisfying a lustful appetite. Yea, just wanted your opinions on it, they did not keep the vid up, but it showed people entering into hell because they were football fans. I hope not, i love football and t bone steaks .

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts

Football is just a game. How much control you allow it to have over you can cause issues. Football, like any other sport, is a sport and is not created by satan.

I agree :thumbsup:

People put too much emphasis on these types of things. It would be a first for me to hear about someone worshiping football :whistling:

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,112 posts
Sounds like lust? You are joking, right? A normal apatite is not lustful.

I took the video down because you posted it outside of the video forum. Check your PM.

People can make videos about anything and make them say what they want them to say. Don't believe everything you see in videos.

damo1

damo1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,468 posts
that is true i have seen these videos used as a tool to draw young people away from sport my son loves his sport long distant running events and has one prizes i am a N R L fan and love state of Origin

but i know not to put these sports i love above god or do i worship the teams i like watching as the secular world does and goes nuts

deedandtruth

deedandtruth
  • Members
  • 44 posts
lol, to each their own...

Actually OneLight , lust is a desire or craving for something, u desire a good steak, sex, whatever..having a normal appetite is unrelated, not sure what ur trying to prove on here. But let's stick to the topic, which is football, not steaks.

Edited by GoldenEagle, 11 February 2013 - 08:19 AM.
<< Corrected name of person being addressed. >>

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
Cruel humor is far from making a valid claim, so I would challenge you to bring up scripture to back your claims.

Keeping with the program, I would encourage you to do the same with your OP. (Original/Opening Post) (back it with scripture)

Brother, there is a big difference between a hobby and a lust/craving. I am yet to meet anyone who is addicted to football/worship football or any other sport as far as that goes.

One more thing, I would encourage you to stick strictly to the scripture and to test the spirits. If it does not align with scripture your passing false judgement, be careful Brother!

Much love to you in our Precious Lord Jesus,
God bless you!

deedandtruth

deedandtruth
  • Members
  • 44 posts
Brothers and Sisters, Sports are looked upon as something special in the world. We don't think much about it. But God has called His people out of the world. We find many "claiming" to be Christian athletes, but that is another impossibility, like being a Christian Jew. They insult others, provoke, bet on games, they are like the POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK, PHONY. It is at best a misnomer and misunderstanding. They become threatened by their falsehoods that they will be exposed, so they try and bring down another in the sport to make themselves feel superior. No one can keep or follow the Jewish traditions or religion and be a Christian. You can only be one or the other. There is no such animal. Those athletes who claim to be Christian will not freely hear and receive the truth of the gospel, because the root and foundation of sports is money, pride and desire for fame and glory. Sports are a part of the system of this world and a means for them to "be at ease in Zion" and it is an abomination before God. The scripture tells us "Woe to them that are at ease in Zion."

The question is simply this; "Do you want to please God? Do you want to be accepted and approved by God?" If you live you're life with an idol in your heart, it will keep you from the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the LUST of the flesh."

Edited by deedandtruth, 11 February 2013 - 02:43 AM.

deedandtruth

deedandtruth
  • Members
  • 44 posts
"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." Do you love the things of the world? Are things of this world an integral part of your life? Do you love and seek things in this world that take your heart away from God, that keep you from giving Him first place in your life? You would say, "well what is wrong with watching football, or basketball, or soccer." How strong is it in your life? Some would say, but a sport is only a form of exercise. Paul talked about sports in the Bible didn't he? 1 Corinthians 9:24 "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.." What race is he talking about? The race of salvation, for eternal life and making heaven your home! We have to keep our minds on the things of the spirit, of God, of heaven. (V.25) "And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.." The games here is the Olympics. They do treat their bodies severely, and discipline themselves to practice and work out 6 to 8 hours a day. The sport they are training for is a full time endeavor. They live for it, just to get the praise and applause of man, for a moment. But we are to be seeking the approval of God, and keeping our eyes fixed upon Him. You cannot run the Christian race, living as a part of the world and being a part of it's system. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. It's impossible! 1 Corinthians 15:50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." 1 Corinthians 9:26 "But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." We are to bring our bodies into self control, but not for some worldly purpose or gain, but for the kingdom of God.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,501 posts

Ok well, i am a big time football fan too. NY Giant Fan. Though i was rooting for the ravens lol. Me and my wife, We watch the games on Sunday, watch the draft, etc. A. But according to what i've been researching and watching, it's an Idol, yes football is a God. It's why u hear some calling on the Football God's whether mythical or not, i believe there could be truth to this. I always keep God first, so i wouldn't consider it an idol. However, i do love it, it's what i crave, i played football my self back in my college days. I love playing sports. Below is a video that says, in a vision people who were fans of football players and their teams followed them straight to hell.(about 20 min mark) you could draw your own conclusions and opinions based on the video, but it's very interesting, supposedly michael jackson used charm rings to gain super stardom and moonwalk. I am one who wanted no part of demonic activity, but i know they come as angels of lights, i've seen them peform amazing feats, Praise God, he is greater, B, but don't be decevied, some things we view as harmless fun, past times, traditions can land us in hell torment. It hurts my soul.

A. What research are you talking about here?

B. As Christ-followers we are saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ. This is by faith in God not works (not having idols for example) so no man can boast. Would you agree?

Eph. 2:8-9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ our Lord. Would you agree?

Rom. 8:38-39
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In other words once a Christ-follower knows Jesus as his/her personal savior Hell is no longer an option. The only DEFINITE ACTION that leads to Hell and torment is rejecting of God's Savior Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit. We’re all sinners. Those of us who believe in Jesus Christ no longer face eternal hell or any aspect of hell would you agree?

LUKE 12:10
And everyone that says a word against the Son of Man, that will be forgiven; But he that blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

MARK 3:29
"Whoever blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of everlasting sin."

MATTHEW 12: 31-32 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come".

Your thoughts?

God bless,
GE

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,501 posts

Brothers and Sisters, Sports are looked upon as something special in the world. We don't think much about it. A. But God has called His people out of the world. B. We find many "claiming" to be Christian athletes, but that is another impossibility, C1. like being a Christian Jew. They insult others, provoke, bet on games, they are like the POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK, PHONY. It is at best a misnomer and misunderstanding. They become threatened by their falsehoods that they will be exposed, so they try and bring down another in the sport to make themselves feel superior. C2. No one can keep or follow the Jewish traditions or religion and be a Christian. You can only be one or the other. There is no such animal. Those athletes who claim to be Christian will not freely hear and receive the truth of the gospel, because the root and foundation of sports is money, pride and desire for fame and glory. D. Sports are a part of the system of this world and a means for them to "be at ease in Zion" and it is an abomination before God. The scripture tells us "Woe to them that are at ease in Zion."

The question is simply this; "Do you want to please God? Do you want to be accepted and approved by God?" E. If you live you're life with an idol in your heart, it will keep you from the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the LUST of the flesh."

A. Sounds to me like you’re saying that all involvement with sports is worldliness? Is this a personal conviction or something that should apply to everyone?

B. Are you saying that Christians cannot be athletes?

C1 and C2. Are you saying Jews cannot become Christians? How do you explain then Messianic/Completed Jews who accept Jesus Christ as their personal Lord and Savior?

D. Sorry but this is a stretch on this passage brother. This passage doesn’t say what you are trying to make it say. Sports are not an abomination before God. There is no Biblical evidence for this. Perhaps you can point to another passage that may say something to that effect?

E. I agree nothing should come before God in our lives. Jesus is the King of our lives as Christ-followers. What do you mean if you have an idol in your heart it will keep you from the Kingdom of God? Does one have to be perfect and have no addictions (or idols) before one can receive Christ as Lord and Savior?

Interested in your thoughts.
God bless,
GE

Jayyycuuup

Jayyycuuup

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,405 posts
I echo GE's comments.

Looking forward to your answer/s.

God bless you.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,112 posts

lol, to each their own...

Actually OneLight , lust is a desire or craving for something, u desire a good steak, sex, whatever..having a normal appetite is unrelated, not sure what ur trying to prove on here. But let's stick to the topic, which is football, not steaks.

To have a normal desire for anything (eating, breathing, sleeping, walking, biking, swimming, etc.) is not lusting after it. When I get hungry, I am not lusting after food, I am just hungry. It seems you are taking things to the extreme.

deedandtruth

deedandtruth
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Ok well, i am a big time football fan too. NY Giant Fan. Though i was rooting for the ravens lol. Me and my wife, We watch the games on Sunday, watch the draft, etc. A. But according to what i've been researching and watching, it's an Idol, yes football is a God. It's why u hear some calling on the Football God's whether mythical or not, i believe there could be truth to this. I always keep God first, so i wouldn't consider it an idol. However, i do love it, it's what i crave, i played football my self back in my college days. I love playing sports. Below is a video that says, in a vision people who were fans of football players and their teams followed them straight to hell.(about 20 min mark) you could draw your own conclusions and opinions based on the video, but it's very interesting, supposedly michael jackson used charm rings to gain super stardom and moonwalk. I am one who wanted no part of demonic activity, but i know they come as angels of lights, i've seen them peform amazing feats, Praise God, he is greater, B, but don't be decevied, some things we view as harmless fun, past times, traditions can land us in hell torment. It hurts my soul.

A. What research are you talking about here?

B. As Christ-followers we are saved by the grace of God through Jesus Christ. This is by faith in God not works (not having idols for example) so no man can boast. Would you agree?

Eph. 2:8-9
8 For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God9 not by works, so that no one can boast.

Nothing can separate us from the love of God that is in Jesus Christ our Lord. Would you agree?

Rom. 8:38-39
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

In other words once a Christ-follower knows Jesus as his/her personal savior Hell is no longer an option. The only DEFINITE ACTION that leads to Hell and torment is rejecting of God's Savior Jesus Christ and His Holy Spirit. We’re all sinners. Those of us who believe in Jesus Christ no longer face eternal hell or any aspect of hell would you agree?

LUKE 12:10
And everyone that says a word against the Son of Man, that will be forgiven; But he that blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will not be forgiven.

MARK 3:29
"Whoever blasphemes against The Holy Spirit will never have forgiveness, but is guilty of everlasting sin."

MATTHEW 12: 31-32 "Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come".

Your thoughts?

God bless,
GE

I do not wish to contend in vain arguments, but here i go defending truth over my favorite past time.

Sin cannot get into heaven, it is christ's righteousness not our own. Our righteouness is as filthy rags. However, Faith Without WORKS is DEAD. We can't go about having idols, our God is a jealous God, remember moses and the people creating a Golden calf? Only difference they didn't throw the calf around, or brutally try to knock a players head off, it's competition, rivalry, contention in many sports, not just football, it's in boxing, wrestling, u name it. That's not a Godly way, that's a worldly way, the dog eat dog mentality, where there is rivalry, the bible says so is division and strife. Sports especially football is about rivalry and competition is it not?

This competitiveness is the source of the word athlete, a Greek word derived from two terms, best translated as contest and prize. The athlete is one who competes for reward, of tangible or intangible value. Another Greek word or an athletic contest and also for military engagement is agon, hence the word agony." (Those who pay sports put their bodies through agony, without profit to the soul. What is the gain if you gain the whole world and loose your soul?) "In players, processions and sacrifices, the ancient Greeks sought diligently to appease their gods. Religious festivals accompanied by feasts, music, dancing and athletic contests were scattered throughout the Greek world. About 1000 B.C., Olympia became a shrine to Zeus. In addition to their religious ceremony, young Greeks competed athletically in honor of Zeus." (Zeus was their supreme deity. In Acts 14 they though their gods had come down to them, one being Zeus.) "When they broke their oaths they were required to pay fines which in turn were spent to erect statues to Zeus."

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Idolatry and revellings, or partying and mixing with the world will keep you from inheriting the kingdom of God. YES, That inheritance is Jesus Himself, and his paid work on the cross, without which there is no eternal life. But are you sayin once saved, always saved, and we can go about living in drunkeness and living any old way, doing what we please, and that will get us into heaven? In that case everyone would go to heaven. Your taking the broad path that leads to destruction. We must take the narrow path, and it gets narrower the closer we get to truth. The reason i believe Satan has his demons after me is i am a threat to exposing his kingdom, He is systematically trying to(through wolves in sheeps clothing, satanic agents), silence the children of God. I just heard a booming noise when i wrote that out of nowhere(demonic attack) He's not really after those hooked on porno's or drugs, he already has them, probably hooked on sports too. We need to be able to reprove, correct, exhort and edify one another in the Lord. I will be the first to say I was once a part of this scene of idolatry and couldn't wait for the church service to be over to go watch the Sunday football game that started at 12:30 pm, but it was in ignorance. I"M SURE MANY here will not stand out against these things because they are a part of the problem and compromisers in these things that are a part of the system of the world. So they give their hardy approval.

Edited by deedandtruth, 11 February 2013 - 11:08 AM.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,112 posts

Brothers and Sisters, Sports are looked upon as something special in the world. We don't think much about it. But God has called His people out of the world. We find many "claiming" to be Christian athletes, but that is another impossibility, like being a Christian Jew.

Two things here:
  • Being a Christian is believing in Jesus Christ, not what you do.
  • "Jews" are a group of people They, like yourself (Gentile) can accept Christ. There is a difference between being a Jew and following Judaism.

They insult others, provoke, bet on games, they are like the POT CALLING THE KETTLE BLACK, PHONY. It is at best a misnomer and misunderstanding. They become threatened by their falsehoods that they will be exposed, so they try and bring down another in the sport to make themselves feel superior. No one can keep or follow the Jewish traditions or religion and be a Christian. You can only be one or the other. There is no such animal.

You seem to be saying that a nationality is a religion. It is not. The Jewish people can follow their tradition, in a cultural manner, and still believe in Jesus.

Those athletes who claim to be Christian will not freely hear and receive the truth of the gospel, because the root and foundation of sports is money, pride and desire for fame and glory. Sports are a part of the system of this world and a means for them to "be at ease in Zion" and it is an abomination before God. The scripture tells us "Woe to them that are at ease in Zion."

The question is simply this; "Do you want to please God? Do you want to be accepted and approved by God?" If you live you're life with an idol in your heart, it will keep you from the kingdom of God. Galatians 5:16 "This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the LUST of the flesh."

I am going to take a guess, but you sound very legalistic. Are you from a church that teaches a legalistic way of following scripture? IF not, would you explain to me why you feel playing sports is wrong? I like to climb, but I follow Christ first. Can you see into the hearts of these people like God can?

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,112 posts

"Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him. For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world. And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever." Do you love the things of the world? Are things of this world an integral part of your life? Do you love and seek things in this world that take your heart away from God, that keep you from giving Him first place in your life? You would say, "well what is wrong with watching football, or basketball, or soccer." How strong is it in your life? Some would say, but a sport is only a form of exercise. Paul talked about sports in the Bible didn't he? 1 Corinthians 9:24 "Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.." What race is he talking about? The race of salvation, for eternal life and making heaven your home! We have to keep our minds on the things of the spirit, of God, of heaven. (V.25) "And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.." The games here is the Olympics. They do treat their bodies severely, and discipline themselves to practice and work out 6 to 8 hours a day. The sport they are training for is a full time endeavor. They live for it, just to get the praise and applause of man, for a moment. But we are to be seeking the approval of God, and keeping our eyes fixed upon Him. You cannot run the Christian race, living as a part of the world and being a part of it's system. Flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God. It's impossible! 1 Corinthians 15:50 "Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption." 1 Corinthians 9:26 "But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway." We are to bring our bodies into self control, but not for some worldly purpose or gain, but for the kingdom of God.

I do understand what you are referring to. Yet, a questions like "Do you love the things of the world?" is far too vague in it's wording to provide a full understanding. I love my dog, but not the same way as I love the Lord or my wife. As for "Are things of this world an integral part of your life?", if you really follow this to the core, you should stop using your computer, of drive, or use electricity ... your statements are too broad to have much meaning. Blanket statement are never the truth.

"Do you love and seek things in this world that take your heart away from God, that keep you from giving Him first place in your life?" Now you are getting to some solid points. It is where we place what we have in this world that matters; our hobbies, our job, our sports, our family. None of these can come before God and have a priority in our lives. They are not evil of themselves.

The key to understanding scripture is to rightly divide His word and knowing how to apply them to our lives. We are taught by His Spirit, which moves in us, changing us to be more like Christ in every way. To be like Him is not to place burdens upon others, or yourself, but to follow His leading through His Spirit. Legalism is a heavy burden and against living in the Spirit.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,112 posts

"Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness, Idolatry, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies, Envyings, murders, drunkenness, revellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I have also told you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherit the kingdom of God." Idolatry and revellings, or partying and mixing with the world will keep you from inheriting the kingdom of God.

How do you understand this scripture when you read 1 Corinthians 5:10?

Yet I certainly did not mean with the sexually immoral people of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or idolaters, since then you would need to go out of the world.

Paul tells us that in order to not "mix" with these people would mean to basically isolate ourselves from the world. If we did that, who would shine His light into their darkness?

YES, That inheritance is Jesus Himself, and his paid work on the cross, without which there is no eternal life. But are you sayin once saved, always saved, and we can go about living in drunkeness and living any old way, doing what we please, and that will get us into heaven? In that case everyone would go to heaven. Your taking the broad path that leads to destruction. We must take the narrow path, and it gets narrower the closer we get to truth.

You really should not read into what people are saying. Instead, step back and try to read what is being said without applying personal convictions. We are not writing with your convictions, so they cannot apply to our statements.

Nobody is saying that if they enjoy watching football is claiming in OSAS. You really need to understand what the writer is saying to have a meaningful conversation with them.

The reason i believe Satan has his demons after me is i am a threat to exposing his kingdom, He is systematically trying to(through wolves in sheeps clothing, satanic agents), silence the children of God. I just heard a booming noise when i wrote that out of nowhere(demonic attack) He's not really after those hooked on porno's or drugs, he already has them, probably hooked on sports too. We need to be able to reprove, correct, exhort and edify one another in the Lord. I will be the first to say I was once a part of this scene of idolatry and couldn't wait for the church service to be over to go watch the Sunday football game that started at 12:30 pm, but it was in ignorance. I"M SURE MANY here will not stand out against these things because they are a part of the problem and compromisers in these things that are a part of the system of the world. So they give their hardy approval.

I have not read anyone giving approval to being obsessed with watching football. I have seen those who are replying trying to help you find a balance in how you view others. You may have place your football time ahead of God, but that does not mean that everyone who enjoys football approaches it the same way you did. If you sin by watching, then stop watching. Telling others they are sinning for watching is a lie if they are not idolizing it. Please be careful and understand that personal convictions are not meant as a rule or law for everyone.

sheya joie

sheya joie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,446 posts
An analogy: A diabetic needs to avoid sugar and be careful about carbs to avoid high blood sugar. For a diabetic to eat sweets is bad for that person's health. Should the diabetic then expect everyone else to abide by the same dietary restrictions as s/he does? No, of course not. Only those who have a problem with it need to live by the restrictions.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network