christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Homosexuality?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
103 replies to this topic

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts
Here's my question.

Why does God call Homosexuality an Abomination and why is Homosexual Marriage such a danger to society?

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Here's my question.

Why does God call Homosexuality an Abomination and why is Homosexual Marriage such a danger to society?

1. Because it's against God's natural creation.

2. God designed marriage to be the institution for procreation.

AlexanderJ

AlexanderJ

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Here's my question.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination...it is confusion.

God calls Homosexuality an abomination because it is a confusion of the order that He has ordained. Homosexual Marriage is a danger to society because it treats what is confusion as something which is correct and edifying.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Isaiah 5:20

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

1. I see no moral problem with homosexuality.

2. Homosexual marriage isn't a danger to anyone and I do not see why conservative Christians care so much.

Christians care so much about this issue, because God cares much about this issue. He created marriage for a man and a woman. Period. End of story.

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts

Here's my question.

1. Because it's against God's natural creation.

2. God designed marriage to be the institution for procreation.

Amen

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts

Here's my question.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination...it is confusion.

God calls Homosexuality an abomination because it is a confusion of the order that He has ordained. Homosexual Marriage is a danger to society because it treats what is confusion as something which is correct and edifying.

Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
Isaiah 5:20

Amen

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts
Ok, so the answers so far are that;
  • It's against Gods natural creation
  • God designed Marriage as a vehicle for procreation
  • It's a confusion of moral order

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Ok, so the answers so far are that;

• It's against Gods natural creation
  • God designed Marriage as a vehicle for procreation
  • It's a confusion of moral order

What more do you need? :laugh:

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
This is what God's Word says:

"They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him.They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good." (Titus 1:16)

"Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person." (1 John 2:4)

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth." (1 John 1:6)

You cannot claim to be a Christian and yet deny what God says. If God says homosexuality is an abomination, and a man shall not have sex with another man, nor a woman have sex with another woman, IMO no true believer is going to contradict what God has declared.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

"They claim to know God, but by their actions they deny him.They are detestable, disobedient and unfit for doing anything good." (Titus 1:16)

"Whoever says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in that person." (1 John 2:4)

"If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie and do not practice the truth." (1 John 1:6)

You cannot claim to be a Christian and yet deny what God says. If God says homosexuality is an abomination, and a man shall not have sex with another man, nor a woman have sex with another woman, IMO no true believer is going to contradict what God has declared.

Right, which translates to you, that unless someone agrees with your positions completely then they do not salvation. I believe you are indeed adding to the words of Romans 10. Do you also think that unless someone is a young earth creationist they can't be saved? What about if they disagree with you on whether or not we should sprinkle or be immersed for baptism? You could just quote those verses, say that your position is supported 'by God' and claim the other person obviously isn't saved. This is a bad slippery slope.

The position on homosexuality did not originate with me. It originated with God.

You are throwing red herrings into this. Baptism doesn't save anyone. See any number of threads here on that. The young/old earth debate isn't applicable to salvation. It would be if one denied that God created the earth, as clearly stated in scripture. The same with this issue. God is very clear on His judgement regarding homosexuality. There is no gray area at all. It is, and always will be, an abomination in His sight.

If you disagree with Him, you don't belong to Him. As the scriptures I posted clearly state.

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts
Baptism practices and open rebellion are two separate issues Baron.

It's not a matter of opinion.

Homosexuality is also not a Doctrinal issue.

I believe that Homosexual can be Saved but that he must not persist in the practice. That does not mean that he/she will not slip up or sin in this matter but that their life should be a progressive revelation of Gods Salvation and Sanctification as he/she is restored to Gods original plan for their creation.

The question is why does call Homosexuality an Abomination and why Homosexual Marriage is such a detriment to a society. You've offered your opinion, thanks.

Peace,
Dave

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

From what I understand, Bary is a relatively new believer. Less than a year old.

Those that are new to the walk need our assistance, not our condemnation.

Our duties are to share the Word, not sit back and judge who is and who isn't saved.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,441 posts

Here's my question.

God calls homosexuality an abomination because it perverts His design for marriage. Homosexual marriage is a danger to society because it is Satan's counterfeit of God's design. It erodes moral values and leads to sexual anarchy.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

From what I understand, Bary is a relatively new believer. Less than a year old.

Our duties are to share the Word, not sit back and judge who is and who isn't saved.

Even a new believer in Christ would not call good what God has condemned. I stand by what I said, and what the scriptures have said.

Edited by GoldenEagle, 23 February 2013 - 10:01 AM.
<<< Please refrain from personal attacks. Debate the subject not the person. >>>

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,441 posts

Right, which translates to you, that unless someone agrees with your positions completely then they do not salvation. I believe you are indeed adding to the words of Romans 10. Do you also think that unless someone is a young earth creationist they can't be saved? What about if they disagree with you on whether or not we should sprinkle or be immersed for baptism? You could just quote those verses, say that your position is supported 'by God' and claim the other person obviously isn't saved. This is a bad slippery slope.

No. As a Christian you are to be against sin. No maybe, no sort-of, no caveats. Homosexuality is a sin. And you see no problem with it. That speaks directly to where your relationship with Christ is at, right now, and that would be in my opinion, not very intimate, or sin would disturb you a great deal more.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,441 posts

This is Christianity 101 stuff. Homosexuality is a sin, condemned strongly in the Bible. That is not a difficult concept.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

This is Christianity 101 stuff. Homosexuality is a sin, condemned strongly in the Bible. That is not a difficult concept.

So instead of guiding them in the Word, we attack them because of their lack of understanding?

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,441 posts

No, it doesn't bother me that adults are engaging in consensual sexual activity. I don't see why I'd go around taking that personally. I don't see how I can pass judgments on them when I have many of my own issues.

When Christians say that homosexuality is a sin, they are not "passing judgment." It is simply a statement of fact. And if you are mot worried about others trapped in the bondage of willful, repetetive and unrepentant sin, then where is your heart for others?

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,441 posts

So instead of guiding them in the Word, we attack them because of their lack of understanding?

No one is attacking him. That's a Drama Queen tactic.

BlessedByTheBest

BlessedByTheBest

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 819 posts
Romans 1:24-32
24 Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:
25 Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen.
26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:
27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.
28 And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a reprobate mind, to do those things which are not convenient;
29 Being filled with all unrighteousness, fornication, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, debate, deceit, malignity; whisperers,
30 Backbiters, haters of God, despiteful, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents,
31 Without understanding, covenantbreakers, without natural affection, implacable, unmerciful:
32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

it seems to me that the reprobate mind of a homosexual male or female is a judgement from God for allowing themselves to become enticed by this unnatural lie.
the Word says he gives them up to the filthy lusts of their hearts.

obviously, it is an abomination to God because when the heart lusts and we then decide to follow through on those lusts, the body is dishonored.
now this concept could be generally applied to any lustful act of sin, but homosexuality in particular is viewed as VILE in God's eyes. a disgrace, wholly shameful.

same-sex marriages are a detriment to society because it perpetuates the wrong moral values, and one need not even crack open a bible to see that Billy and Bob raising little Suzie is just WRONG.
the number one reason should be the message this conveys to young children.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network