christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

emtional healing

* * * * - 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

roxx

roxx
  • Members
  • 62 posts
Not sure if what I wrote was posted I think I lost it some where. So forgive me if you are reading this again.

Today is the first time in the three years since my father has died that I wish he was still alive.

Just to give a brief background of my father. He was an alcoholic, a wife beater, a mentally emotionally physically and sexually abuser. Not only to my older sister and I but to my little sister which he made bring other girls home. I have not seen my little sister since she was 11 years old which is now 25. Hoping one day I will see her.

So needless to say you could imagine what kind of a person I turned out to be or I should have been. I grew up with festered hate anger resentment bitterness and unable to love my self let alone my husband

after some long years the holy spirit removed all those negative feeling april 29 2012 at a ladies retreat. But that was just the start of my healing. Can't tell you how or when or that I even understand why I feel this way. But I can say its only a living God That can do something like this for a person like me. I must share that it has been just last week I had a dream of father and I wasn't afraid of him. Which all my life I grew up terrified of him. And since I was the one strong enough to testify to what he had done and put him in jail. I lived in more fear. Needless to say I was sick in body and mind for almost 20 years.
Which God heal me of. Which is another story. Be encourage my sister and brother afar. That God is able to heal. But we our selves must learn to forgive. Let go and let God do for your life. You won't regret it. Be bless

joi

joi

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts
I am happy for you roxx. Our Father is loving, forgiving, healing and so much more if we just go to Him for it! {{Hugs}}

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Roxx,

I can hear such strength, courage and Love given to you by God and Him Alone...

Whew...Lord...Wrap Ms. Roxx so totally in Your Love...and Purpose

I Pray she will be used to change many lives...as they come out of darkness into Your Marvelous Light...Glory

In The Name of Jesus...

Love to you In Him

Hugs and Hugs and Hugs

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,883 posts
Hallelujah~!

worshiper70

worshiper70

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Glory to God. Happy for you roxx!

ears

ears

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 753 posts
He comforts, he heals and he restores, Praise God.. :heart:

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,923 posts
roxx, I am so happy that your heart (inner being) in being healed. Your Father was in dire need of significance and fulfillment, he was searching for something more in this life, he was a victim too, There is a saying, "Hurt people hurt people"

I too have had bitterness and resentment towards my mother, but now I am her best care giver and I believe God made me the kind of man I am today because of my situation at home.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network