christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

The Liberal Mindset

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
75 replies to this topic

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts
man, you said:

I see a lot of believers wishing the Lord would return soon. I wonder how many fail to realize that the true christian will be put through a living hell before that happens?

So, you believe God is going to pour out His wrath on His own children along with the rebellious, wicked people during the Tribulation period? :emot-eek:

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

So, you believe God is going to pour out His wrath on His own children along with the rebellious, wicked people during the Tribulation period? :emot-eek:

Here it is Sister in Christ:

1 Thessalonians 5:9

For God hath not appointed us to wrath, but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ...

Tinky, I can't figure out the pride that wants to go through the Trib.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Tinky, I can't figure out the pride that wants to go through the Trib.

Me either. It's like they have an overwhelming desire to somehow "prove" themselves to God through suffering. I wish they would come to understand it's not about them, it's all about Jesus.

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
Seem that I can't quote this enough, "7 Alas! for that day is great, so that none is like it: it is even the time of Jacob's trouble" Jeremiah 30:7; it will not be global.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,008 posts

I have a problem with it. This out of control government will keep expanding the definition of a terrorist.

Exactly! :thumbsup:

Why do you fear? When the beast comes a calling, he's going to kill you because you're a christian, not because someone labeled you a terrorist. There are some horrific times coming. The true believer will not be able to avoid it.

Revelation 13
7 It was granted to him to make war with the saints and to overcome them. And authority was given him over every tribe, tongue, and nation.

Daniel 7
21 “I was watching; and the same horn was making war against the saints, and prevailing against them,

Daniel 7
25 He shall speak pompous words against the Most High,
Shall persecute the saints of the Most High,
And shall intend to change times and law.
Then the saints shall be given into his hand
For a time and times and half a time.

I see a lot of believers wishing the Lord would return soon. I wonder how many fail to realize that the true christian will be put through a living hell before that happens?

We shouldn't fear what the world can do to us.

You are confusing two different issues. We are not talking about the beast or the anti-Christ. We are talking about how our government is violating the constitutional rights of American citizens and doing so arbitrarily.

Even if a person is a horrible person, a terrorist, if they are Americans, they have rights under the constitution. The Constitution is meaningless if we don't enforce it, even when we would rather just blow the person's head off. American citizens have rights, not because they are good or decent people, but because they are Americans, and the American justice system, when operating properly, is able to exact the right justice on such a person as an American who has become a terrorist and enemy of his own country.

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Even if a person is a horrible person, a terrorist, if they are Americans, they have rights under the constitution. The Constitution is meaningless if we don't enforce it, even when we would rather just blow the person's head off. American citizens have rights, not because they are good or decent people, but because they are Americans, and the American justice system, when operating properly, is able to exact the right justice on such a person as an American who has become a terrorist and enemy of his own country.

Gold Star, Shiloh! :thumbsup:

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

man, you said:

You're confusing the devils war against the saints with God's wrath. They are not the same.

You should look into that.

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts
:sleep2:

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

:sleep2:

Nice.

Sad

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
Nothing wrong with a respectful, even if passionate, discussion of the tribulation, God's wrath, who is and who is not going to experience these things, but the topics are discussed at length elsewhere on the forums, and don't really belong in this thread.

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,133 posts

It is just a precursor of what's to come in the states.

I still don't have a problem with drones killing terrorists. :hurrah:

The problem is that the terrorist was an American citizen, and terrorist or not, he has rights guaranteed him under our Constitution. He should have been brought back to the US, tried and then executed under our laws.

When US citziens can be killed by our government for any reason without due process, we are starting down a slippery slope, particularly when we have an administration that seems to think it can arbitrarily decide which Americans live or die. Pretty soon, they could start redefining the word "terrorist" in order to justfy killing any American they want, particularly any American who has the courage to disagree with them or is willing to speak truth to power.

Ironic that an American Citizen was killed without due process, yet OBL's son-in-law was picked up in a foreign country and was granted due process in NY.

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,133 posts

man, you said:

You're confusing the devils war against the saints with God's wrath. They are not the same.

You should look into that.

We fail to consider how many Christians around the world are facing great tribulation now. They are being evicted from their homes, burned alive, crucified, persecuted etc. Why do we in the Americas think we will be treated any differently.

Anti-Christian and Anti-Jewish sentiment is growing exponentially in the US, and is becoming more *vilent. (mispelling intentional)

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

It is just a precursor of what's to come in the states.

I still don't have a problem with drones killing terrorists. :hurrah:

The problem is that the terrorist was an American citizen, and terrorist or not, he has rights guaranteed him under our Constitution. He should have been brought back to the US, tried and then executed under our laws.

When US citziens can be killed by our government for any reason without due process, we are starting down a slippery slope, particularly when we have an administration that seems to think it can arbitrarily decide which Americans live or die. Pretty soon, they could start redefining the word "terrorist" in order to justfy killing any American they want, particularly any American who has the courage to disagree with them or is willing to speak truth to power.

Ironic that an American Citizen was killed without due process, yet OBL's son-in-law was picked up in a foreign country and was granted due process in NY.

Strong point, Justin. :thumbsup:

He giveth more grace

He giveth more grace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

We fail to consider how many Christians around the world are facing great tribulation now. They are being evicted from their homes, burned alive, crucified, persecuted etc. Why do we in the Americas think we will be treated any differently.

What do you mean "around the world", it is the time of "Jacob's Trouble" not Queens New York, San Diego, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.

It a time tor bring Israel back to God and kill the armies of the Anti-christ. [Flak Jacket on]

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,890 posts
Perspective...

Here's some food for thought for everyone on this thread...

“A couple of things work against us. First of all our age… You are one of the crowing specimens of humanity if you become more gracious and flexible as you pick up age. Let’s go there together. 2nd working against us is our conservative evangelicalism. <tire screeching sound> It’s just so easy to fall into the trap that every single thing we believe is absolutely right. Consonants are important. RIGHT. And… And. A person is automatically a heretic if he doesn’t agree. Or worst. A liberal!”

- Chuck Swindoll, The Grace to Disagree...and Press On, Part 1, Starts around 9:00 minute mark.

Chuck's key points...

1. Disagreements are inevitable. (Different views, opinions, etc.)
2. Even the godly will not always agree. (Paul and Barnabus?)
3. In every disagreement there's two ingredients: A) An issue revolving around principles of life, Scriptures, my experience, and my upbringing. B) Differing viewpoints depending on a person's personality.
4. In many (most) disagreements each side has valid points.

You can listen to it here.

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

What do you mean "around the world", it is the time of "Jacob's Trouble" not Queens New York, San Diego, Hong Kong, Singapore, etc.

It a time tor bring Israel back to God and kill the armies of the Anti-christ. [Flak Jacket on]

I hope you realize that just as there is a spiritual Israel, there is a spiritual Jacob. Identifying him isn't too hard when you begin to look at the character traits of Jacob either. Peace unto you my brother!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network