christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Baseball 2013

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,717 posts
Now that spring training has begun, who do you think will wind up making the Playoffs at the conclusion of the season? Most of the time, everyone's predictions, including mine, are usually way off, but here goes.

American League

N.Y. Yankees (Eastern Division Winner)
Detroit Tigers (Central Division Winner)
Los Angeles Angels (Western Division Winner)
Toronto Blue Jays (Wild Card Team)
Texas Rangers (Wild Card Team)

National League

Washington Nationals (Eastern Division Winner)
Cincinnati Reds (Central Division Winner)
San Francisco Giants (Western Division Winner)
Atlanta Braves (Wild Card Team)
Philadelphia Phillies (Wild Card Team)

Jean74

Jean74
  • Members
  • 83 posts
I am for the NY Yankees and Atlanta Braves as those are the only two teams that I follow in the MLB!

Steve_S

Steve_S

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts
Blue Jays - AL East
Tigers - AL Central
Angels - AL West
Orioles - Wildcard
Rangers (torn here) - Wildcard

Braves - NL East
Reds - NL Central
Dodgers - NL West
Nationals - Wildcard
Giants - Wildcard

wingnut-

wingnut-

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts
Red Sox A.L. East
Tigers A.L. Central
Angels A.L. West
Orioles wildcard
Rangers wildcard

Nationals N.L. East
Reds N.L. Central
Dodgers N.L. West
Phillies wildcard
Cardinals wildcard

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,717 posts

I am for the NY Yankees and Atlanta Braves as those are the only two teams that I follow in the MLB!

I would be happy with that outcome, as I am an Atlanta Braves fan. They are the only team I follow during the regular season.

Steve_S

Steve_S

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,898 posts

I would be happy with that outcome, as I am an Atlanta Braves fan. They are the only team I follow during the regular season.

Same here, best bullpen in baseball and probably the best outfield as of right now. We'll see what happens on the left side of the infield and at catcher if mccann can't get healthy. The starting rotation should be solid (at least top 3-5 in the NL), as usual.

wingnut-

wingnut-

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

I love the Yankees but they just don't have it, pitching is not good and hasn't been for a few years, their offense seems to fade late season as well. I don't expect them to even contend this year, the AL will probably come down to the tigers and angels.

Leonard

Leonard

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,865 posts
THIS is the year: THE CUBS TAKE THE WORLD SERIES! Remember where you heard it first.

PS: My Baseball predictions are not quite as accurate as my Super Bowl predictions which I have already made for Super Bowl 2014. Every year I predict the Cubs will take the Series.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,717 posts

THIS is the year: THE CUBS TAKE THE WORLD SERIES! Remember where you heard it first.

PS: My Baseball predictions are not quite as accurate as my Super Bowl predictions which I have already made for Super Bowl 2014. Every year I predict the Cubs will take the Series.

Don't you know that they will never win the World Series? Remember that goat curse? If that series against Florida wasn't enough to convince you, I don't know what it will take? :laugh:

thunder_bass

thunder_bass
  • Members
  • 64 posts

These are my projections and they are probably gonna be way off but someone has to be the one that leans in a different direction, lol

American League

N.Y. Yankees (Eastern Division Winner)
Kansas City Royals (Central Division Winner)
Oakland A's (Western Division Winner)

Cleveland Indians (Wild Card Team #1)
Baltimore Orioles (Wild Card Team #2)

National League

Atlanta Braves (Eastern Division Winner)
St. Louis Cardinals (Central Division Winner)
San Francisco Giants (Western Division Winner)

Washington Nationals (Wild Card Team #1)
Milwaukee Brewers (Wild Card Team #2)

American League Pennant

Oakland A's

National League Pennant

Washington Nationals

World Series Champions 2013

Washington Nationals

Edited by thunder_bass, 30 March 2013 - 10:12 PM.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

eh, phillies need some younger dudes on their team. too many vets getting hurt. season's coming down to the gritty now. any prospects of who will win in playoffs.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,717 posts

eh, phillies need some younger dudes on their team. too many vets getting hurt. season's coming down to the gritty now. any prospects of who will win in playoffs.

My original picks were pretty off, but I will take a stab at it?  I will go with the Braves and Red Sox in the World Series.  Right now, the Red Sox seem like the best team in baseball, but since I have had little success in predicting outcomes, I will go with my Braves.  That is more based on preference than anything, but I do see them as capable of winning it all?  Anyone that gets into the playoffs can get hot? 

Playoff teams? 

NL

Braves

Cardinals

Dodgers

Pirates

Reds

AL

Red Sox

Tigers

A's

Rangers

Indians

It is much easier to project the National League teams than the American League Wild Card teams. 

Waiting2BwithHim

Waiting2BwithHim

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

In the end of things I wish for an all California World Series.

Los Angeles Dodgers vs. Oakland Athletics

GlidingWings

GlidingWings

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 435 posts

First in the beginning of the year I was rooting against the Giants. I wanted to make sure they were not going to be a first place or any threat to first place.  They were ok at first and then finally made a great fall. That part made me happy. Any other team in that division was better. First I was hoping for Colorado to be in first. They could not prove to play that well enough.  Arizona for a while was playing like a first place team. Padres ran for a try and slipped down. Then the Dodgers down in the bottom hole did a miraculous come back. They were a team that suddenly became the best team in their division.

I’m ok with Dodgers at the Playoffs and a possible World Series pick. I want the Pirates to pass up the Cardinals somehow. They have not been their since 79. It also makes the play offs look somewhat different. The Atlanta Braves were the most boring race. No one except the Nationals for a short time tried to catch up. Once they did they slipped back down. All this year Atlanta in first place they made it in the play offs but no surprise.

I wanted the Yankees to lose this year. Once they were on top I worried. Oh no not them again. Get them out of the way. I was rooting for the Orioles or the Rays. It seems Boston does deserve more than any of these teams to go to the play offs. . Any other way it would not be fair. Red Sox in the American League is the highest threat who is and who is not going. The Tigers are proving even by getting badly beat by the Giants they will give it another shot. It only depends how well in the playoffs how other performance stands up. Can win or lose at any percentage. Sometimes they are well and sometimes can’t do best with the best of teams. If the Athletics we a race horse their record is very questionable. They have not always remained in the top spot. They sometimes land into some losing streak. Points yet they share still good enough to beat some of the best teams. The Rangers I say go home. We had enough of you the last few years. They disappointed me rooting for them in the World Series. Who do I want to go? Only the 2 best teams in the play offs as a boxing match. I only want the 2 best fighters.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

I'm really hoping the A's win the WS. Watching Sonny Gray pitch was pretty surreal.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

Redsox yeahhh! :mgcheerful:

I knew they were gonna beat the Cards, better hitting team.

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,717 posts

Redsox yeahhh! :mgcheerful:

I knew they were gonna beat the Cards, better hitting team.

I do think the two best teams made it to the World Series this year.  They are the two teams that had the best record, and I believe the best team prevailed.  I was for the Braves, but they really didn't have the pitching, especially with the loss of Hudson and Beechy. 

Tazcontrol

Tazcontrol
  • Members
  • 90 posts

I knew the Red sox would pull it out! I was hoping the braves would go further but they got beat by the dodgers. The Red sox have an awesome hitting team. I do like two of the pitchers from the cardinals though. Martinez and Rosenthall, those were some good closing pitchers. Boston Strong Baby!!!!!

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

Martinez and Rosenthall, those were some good closing pitchers. Boston Strong Baby!!!!!

Rosenthall is a beast. Dude throws like 110mph, lol.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,884 posts

Blessings all Ye baseball fans!

At the risk of getting a frown...I just have to say :bored-1: baseball bores me terribly.......perhaps if a tackle or two were permitted?lol

Congrats Boston Fans!

Love,Kwik

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network