christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Feminist Theologian: "We Can't Be Sure Jesus Was Male"

* * * * * 2 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
48 replies to this topic

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,693 posts

I really want to contribute to this thread but every other post has said what I want to say.

revolutionist90

revolutionist90

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Honestly I don't think feminism and theologian can go together nicely anyway. Only a small sect of feminists are actually okay with the Bible being the way it is and have no hatred towards it. 

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,955 posts

(And you can quote me)

I just want to quote Fez for the sake of quoting Fez because he gave permission.  And for those who may still be confused, Jesus was born a male.

enoob57

enoob57

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,665 posts

This is when the Word looses it's authority and becomes a manipulative thing to design your own god.... Love, Steven

Omegaman

Omegaman

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,691 posts

Well, she can't be sure, that doesn't mean rational people cannot be certain.

However, to plead her case. probably none of the N.T. writers were present at His birth, then there was the trip to Egypt, how do we know the Jesus that came back, was the same one who left? Then what about all the years between his being in His Fathers house, and His starting His ministry. 

Clearly though, the gender issue is something her fertile feminist mind cooked up, any rational person knows, He was an intergalactic alien in a Jesus suit.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Clearly though, the gender issue is something her fertile feminist mind cooked up, any rational person knows, He was an intergalactic alien in a Jesus suit.

:laugh:

nebula

nebula

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 56,934 posts
Cornwall also argues that because Jesus is not known to have had children, this also makes his gender status "even more uncertain."

Since this was thrown out, I thought I'd comment on it.

Granted, I did not research this (I wouldn't know where to start), but I heard from somewhere that one of those "added to the Torah" laws that had developed by that time was that an illegitimate child was not allowed to marry. Since Jesus was considered illegitimate, He was forbidden from marrying.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,410 posts

Cornwall also argues that because Jesus is not known to have had children, this also makes his gender status "even more uncertain."

Since this was thrown out, I thought I'd comment on it.

Granted, I did not research this (I wouldn't know where to start), but I heard from somewhere that one of those "added to the Torah" laws that had developed by that time was that an illegitimate child was not allowed to marry. Since Jesus was considered illegitimate, He was forbidden from marrying.

Wow!  That's something I want to explore.  If it's true, what a horrible law! 

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
Let me guess--she doesn't believe the Bible either.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network