christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Recovering from GWB....Can we?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,598 posts
The following is interesting to me; I agree with most of it, yet I admired the way Bush didn't backpedal on security issues and voted for him on that basis. What do y'all think? Can the GOP move forward without jettisoning the ongoing Bush doctrines?

http://news.yahoo.co...-063000331.html

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,662 posts
Hmmm. recovering from Bush. thats hilarious. The answer, we could very easily of "recovered" from Bush, if we hadn't elected Obama in.

Matthitjah

Matthitjah

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,514 posts

The following is interesting to me; I agree with most of it, yet I admired the way Bush didn't backpedal on security issues and voted for him on that basis. What do y'all think? Can the GOP move forward without jettisoning the ongoing Bush doctrines?

http://news.yahoo.co...-063000331.html

Explain to me first how Bush gets all of the blame for where we are as a Nation and Obama gets none of it. Then we will talk.

As far as the Party goes. Their trouble began when they abandoned Conservative ideas and ideals. Now they want to go a step farther, according to the article, and abandon all pretense when it comes to social issues like abortion, illegal immigration, and homosexual marriage. This will end in disaster for them and us.

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,116 posts
There is no longer a concervative political party. Only conservative politicians standing alone, hoping there are other conservatives out there to stand with them. That is why I have become an Independant and abandoned politics.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,434 posts
My opinion:

Honestly, I believe this has been discussed before to a certain extent. In the U.S. the power of Congress is just as important if not more regarding policy.

Pointing to Presidents such as Nixon, Bush Sr., Clinton, W. Bush, or Obama as solely the cause for economic problems is like only looking at one dimension of a 3D image.

Tinky

Tinky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,702 posts

Explain to me first how Bush gets all of the blame for where we are as a Nation and Obama gets none of it. Then we will talk.

I like that! :thumbsup:

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network