christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Mystery Babylon - could it be Mecca / Dubai?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
101 replies to this topic

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Before I start this thread, I have to say that I haven't given it too much thought as yet, so I'm not here to sell this idea to you, just to express it. If it is riddled with flaws, then so be it.

Here are a few posers for you:

Mecca is built on Seven Hills ( well, surrounded by seven hills, so nearly so...)

Although Dubai is part of the U.A.E. who is to say that it may not become part of a greater Saudi empire in the near future?

Mecca is under the control of the Saudi Royal family, a fact that may Muslims (especially Shias) are unhappy with. The Beast may wage war upon those who control Mecca in an attempt to gain control of it himself.

Dubai, is a city of greed, luxury and enormous wealth, which despite it's conservative Muslim facade, covers a number of vices.

Merchants from far at sea will see Babylon burn and smoke rising (oil wells set on fire).

John S

John S

• PipPip
  • 132 posts
Babylon is Rome, Italy, which sits on 7 hills, which will be the home base for both the so-called "Christian" antichrist and the so-called "Christian" false prophet.
The AC will NOT be Islamic and neither will the false prophet.
Neither Mecca, Dubai, nor any other Muslim city play a significant role in future prophecy.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Babylon is Rome, Italy, which sits on 7 hills, which will be the home base for both the so-called "Christian" antichrist and the so-called "Christian" false prophet.
The AC will NOT be Islamic and neither will the false prophet.
Neither Mecca, Dubai, nor any other Muslim city play a significant role in future prophecy.

What makes you say that? Please expand.

nikki1

nikki1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,523 posts

Before I start this thread, I have to say that I haven't given it too much thought as yet, so I'm not here to sell this idea to you, just to express it. If it is riddled with flaws, then so be it.

Mecca is built on Seven Hills ( well, surrounded by seven hills, so nearly so...)

Although Dubai is part of the U.A.E. who is to say that it may not become part of a greater Saudi empire in the near future?

Mecca is under the control of the Saudi Royal family, a fact that may Muslims (especially Shias) are unhappy with. The Beast may wage war upon those who control Mecca in an attempt to gain control of it himself.

Dubai, is a city of greed, luxury and enormous wealth, which despite it's conservative Muslim facade, covers a number of vices.

Merchants from far at sea will see Babylon burn and smoke rising (oil wells set on fire).

You and others here may be interested in an article Walid Shoebat recently wrote titled

Mystery Bablyon is Mecca Not Vatican.  He uses scripture to backup why he thinks this to be true.

I have been leaning toward an Islamic AC for about 4 years now.

John S

John S

• PipPip
  • 132 posts
WW - What do you want me to expand on? The AC isn't going to be Islamic.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Give reasons why, using scripture. That's like me saying that the AC is not going to be Lithuanian and leaving it at that! There are a lot of parallels with Islam and the nature of the Beast.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

You and others here may be interested in an article Walid Shoebat recently wrote titled

Mystery Bablyon is Mecca Not Vatican.  He uses scripture to backup why he thinks this to be true.

I have been leaning toward an Islamic AC for about 4 years now.

Thanks. I'll check that out.

John S

John S

• PipPip
  • 132 posts
WW - What do you want? It's the same verses that you are using but it's just a different interpretation.
Babylon is Rome, Italy.
The AC will be from the Tribe of Dan (Genesis 49). In my opinion - also from Genesis 49 - Dan is Italy.
The AC will be from Italy. The false prophet (MAYBE the Pope) will reside in Italy.

Besides, NO Christian is going to follow a Muslim - and MANY Christians WILL follow the AC because Jesus Christ said that MANY will be deceived - like the MANY millions who follow that false doctrine known as the Pre-Trib Rapture Doctrine.

Montana Marv

Montana Marv

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,063 posts

WW - What do you want? It's the same verses that you are using but it's just a different interpretation.
Babylon is Rome, Italy.
The AC will be from the Tribe of Dan (Genesis 49). In my opinion - also from Genesis 49 - Dan is Italy.
The AC will be from Italy. The false prophet (MAYBE the Pope) will reside in Italy.

Besides, NO Christian is going to follow a Muslim - and MANY Christians WILL follow the AC because Jesus Christ said that MANY will be deceived - like the MANY millions who follow that false doctrine known as the Pre-Trib Rapture Doctrine.

John S

So which false Rapture doctrine do you follow.  Have you changed your position from one group to another view of the Rapture.  If you have ever changed positions (I once believed it this way), why should we believe in your present Rapture position.  If you changed once, you may change a second or third time.

In Christ

Montana Marv

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,911 posts

John S Im going with willow, you need to back up your statements. You saying that Babylon is Rome isnt evidence. Neither is saying its a different interpretation. How did you arrive at that interpretation? how does it fit?

John S

John S

• PipPip
  • 132 posts
Marv - If you want to continue to follow that false doctrine, then that is up to you. Don't blame me when you are still here when the AC arrives.
I have never changed my opinion on this.

patriot - Babylon sits on 7 hills as Revelations states. Rome sits on 7 hills. If you want to believe that that the AC will be Islamic, then that is up to you.
I will continue to look for a man from Italy.

Why do Pre-Tribbers even worry about the AC? You don't expect to be here when he arrives.

Cobalt1959

Cobalt1959

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,520 posts

Because you say so?  She asked a question.  If you have a concrete position, based on scripture, it should not be that difficult for you to explain it, instead of dropping in one-line comments that simply say that you are Mr. Know-it-all.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,810 posts

Marv - If you want to continue to follow that false doctrine, then that is up to you. Don't blame me when you are still here when the AC arrives.

patriot - Babylon sits on 7 hills as Revelations states. Rome sits on 7 hills. If you want to believe that that the AC will be Islamic, then that is up to you.

Why do Pre-Tribbers even worry about the AC? You don't expect to be here when he arrives.

Seriously? that's all you have?

Now a serious question.

Do you attend a solid bible based, spirit led church where you can get good teaching?

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,193 posts

Babylon is in Iraq.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,041 posts

Interesting question. I look forward to reading scripture based thoughts of others on this topic. 

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Babylon is in Iraq.

We're talking about Mystery Babylon.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Many cities claim to built on seven hills:

http://en.wikipedia...._on_seven_hills

But I do agree with you that Rome is probably the most famous for it, but so is Moscow and Istanbul to some extent.

Does Rome, however have all the other characteristics that are described of mystery Babylon? Is it renowned for its trade and extravagance, for example? Can Rome be seen by sailors? It's quite far inland.

Read the description of Mystery Babylon in the book of Revelation.

You also say that no Christian is going to follow a Muslim, well maybe not, but what about all the non-Christians? After all, surely they are the ones more likely to take the mark.

If you actually read the book of Revelation, you will realise that the Beast declares war on Mystery Babylon, so who is to say that the Beast is a Muslim?

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,193 posts

Still in Iraq.

Seriously though, check out this bible study.

Edited by Parker1, 24 July 2013 - 06:25 PM.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,082 posts

Still in Iraq.

Parker1

Parker1

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,193 posts

It has to do wit the topic. Never mind.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network