christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What, (or who), is a "seeker"?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
5 replies to this topic

sremed

sremed
  • Members
  • 5 posts

"No one understands, no one seeks for God." (Romans 3:11 ESV).

"No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws him. And I will raise him up on the last day." (John 6:44 ESV).

I keep hearing about "seekers" and "seeker friendly" this and that. I'm just curious who this group is, in light of Scripture?

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,794 posts

I cannot speak for all who use the term seeker or seeker friendly, but I can give you my understanding of them.

Seeker: someone who believes in their heart that there is a "God", but is not sure if He is the Christian God, seeking to find the truth of who He is. - this is a place every believe has been.

Seeker Friendly: an atmosphere that is inviting to those who are lost, where it is very hard to really tell the difference between a concert and a church.  These believe that they are reaching those where they are by changing church in order to entice the lost to come.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Blessings sremed,

I do think that" Seeker Friendly"like here at Worthy(for example),which is in fact a Christian website is inviting anyone to come,they do not have to be a Christian or committed to any "religion" or belief.....it is understood that they are "Seeking" their Truth and they are welcome into a non-judgemental atmosphere....I think this also explains what I think defines a "Seeker"...............IMO

With love,in Christ-Kwik

gray wolf

gray wolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,155 posts

And that is an awesome thing.

LadyKay

LadyKay

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

At times even though I am a Christian, I feel I that am also a seeker.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,452 posts

At times even though I am a Christian, I feel I that am also a seeker.

:thumbsup:

One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to inquire in his temple. Psalms 27:4

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network