christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hey! Whats that little * by the word "members" mean?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Just curious if that star (*) by the word "members" (under someone's screen name) indicates a persons banned?

I'm out of the loop on a lot of stuff, but have been on forums long enough to know there's little clues and heads up planted  around (here and there) lol

And, one other question,  are there temporary bans here or just permanent bans? Just curious because both exist elsewhere but you can never be too sure, and I like to ask and not assume.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,826 posts

The asterisk next to a persons group means that they can log on and read, but cannot post.  These are designated as such in hopes that they will continue to learn.  We cannot go into why anyone has been designated as such.

Nothing on this site is permanent, though we may state they are.  We cannot know if God will change a person and they will be allowed back.

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

The asterisk next to a persons group means that they can log on and read, but cannot post.  These are designated as such in hopes that they will continue to learn.  We cannot go into why anyone has been designated as such.

Nothing on this site is permanent, though we may state they are.  We cannot know if God will change a person and they will be allowed back.

Thanks Onelight, yeah most sites don't discuss their moderation with posters, so I definitely wouldn't inquire of specifics, I was just curious how to read that sign (here). For example, at CF your light bulb goes out when your banned, and by that you are given to know (then) you must count down 30 days before you can talk to any person whose light bulb is out. So its good to know these little signs (at whichever board), because each board is different and you want to read those cues correctly.

But hey, over there I was old enough to have given birth to many of their moderators or even be their grandmother. So it was sorta cute getting a lecture there sometimes. Well, if you left out chapter verses and got reported for a verse of scripture and had to tell them where that was lol

That has happened.

Thanks for the heads up, just so I know

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network