christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

men and women cognitive differences

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

alphaparticle

alphaparticle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Inspired by t he other thread which seems to focus on physical differences between average males and females I thought I would throw this out there when I ran into it and see what thoughts you have:

http://medicalxpress...men.html#ajTabs

From the article:

"In one of the largest studies looking at the "connectomes" of the sexes, Ragini Verma, PhD, an associate professor in the department of Radiology at the Perelman School of Mediciane at the University of Pennsylvania, and colleagues found greater neural connectivity from front to back and within one hemisphere in males, suggesting their brains are structured to facilitate connectivity between perception and coordinated action. In contrast, in females, the wiring goes between the left and right hemispheres, suggesting that they facilitate communication between the analytical and intuition."

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,391 posts
First I thought about how a woman needs to talk about her concerns and feelings often just to sort them out, and/or as a part of being intimate and connecting with people.
Men get frustrated hearing it all and immediately wonder what they are supposed to do about it. Their idea of connecting can be physical on most levels. lol It fits pretty well.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,425 posts

We are Mr. Fixit's       if you don't want it fixed don't tell me about it for I'm driven.....    I know you have PMS and it's my job to fix it......    (that can get one killed)  LoL

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 514 posts

So what's new?

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,921 posts

d79c52750927d237a8406c6969220b27.jpg

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,608 posts

Inspired by t he other thread which seems to focus on physical differences between average males and females I thought I would throw this out there when I ran into it and see what thoughts you have:

http://medicalxpress...men.html#ajTabs

From the article:

"In one of the largest studies looking at the "connectomes" of the sexes, Ragini Verma, PhD, an associate professor in the department of Radiology at the Perelman School of Mediciane at the University of Pennsylvania, and colleagues found greater neural connectivity from front to back and within one hemisphere in males, suggesting their brains are structured to facilitate connectivity between perception and coordinated action. In contrast, in females, the wiring goes between the left and right hemispheres, suggesting that they facilitate communication between the analytical and intuition."

Well duh.........

Only thing the doctor did not find is man's "nothing box"

When wifey says "what you doing honey", and you say "nothing" it's a fact. We have a nothing box.

Women's brains on the other hand are a constant buzz, like static on a power pole, buzzz, buzzz, buzzz.. men do the seam but is more lik zzzz, zzzz, zzz...

We have the advantage. A nothing box is a good thing to have sometimes. 

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

We are Mr. Fixit's       if you don't want it fixed don't tell me about it for I'm driven.....    I know you have PMS and it's my job to fix it......    (that can get one killed)  LoL

:D I'm beginning to understand why women often say nothing's wrong.

revolutionist90

revolutionist90

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 485 posts

I think the OP is preaching to the choir you need to give this information to a college Feminist group then you'll get a debate lol.

alphaparticle

alphaparticle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

So what's new?

The 'new' part here is an actual look at how neural connectivity differs, specifically, on average, between the sexes. That's pretty intriguing to me.

here's another question for the thread- how much of this might be due to environmental pressures as the child is developing and these connectivity differences start appearing?

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

So what's new?

The 'new' part here is an actual look at how neural connectivity differs, specifically, on average, between the sexes. That's pretty intriguing to me.

here's another question for the thread- how much of this might be due to environmental pressures as the child is developing and these connectivity differences start appearing?

In today's world the gender roles have become less stereotyped, aside from the standard dress differences etc. I'd be surprised if the gender brain connectivity was largely environmental and it likely will be difficult to investigate.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network