christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Grace Revisited

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1 reply to this topic

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,890 posts

Reading Tullian Tchividjian’s book "One Way Love" (which is fantastic by the way) and came across this definition of grace Tullian uses from Paul Zahl. Thought I'd share...

"Grace is love that seeks you out when you have nothing to give in return. Grace is love coming at you that has nothing to do with you. Grace is being loved when you are unlovable…. The cliché definition of grace is "unconditional love." It is a true cliché, for it is a good description of the thing…

Let's go a little further, though. Grace is a love that has nothing to do with you, the Beloved. It has everything and only to do with the Lover. Grace is irrational in the sense that is has nothing to do with weights and measures. It has nothing to do with my intrinsic qualities or so-called "gifts" (whatever they may be). It reflects a decision on the part of the Giver, the One who loves, in relation to the receiver, the one who is loved, that negates any qualifications the receiver may personally hold… Grace is one-way love.”

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,542 posts

:thumbsup:

For thus saith the high and lofty One that inhabiteth eternity, whose name is Holy; I dwell in the high and holy place, with him also that is of a contrite and humble spirit, to revive the spirit of the humble, and to revive the heart of the contrite ones. Isaiah 57:15

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network