christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Jesus revealing himself through bigger miracles.

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Our God is a mysterious God indeed. Have you ever noticed when Jesus was performing miracles he always healed people. He never made his miracles so big that people gave him the name, 'magic man'. Have you ever wondered why Jesus did not physically show himself when the Red Sea or the ten commandment miracles took place. When Jesus performed miracles in the NT, you started to see people walking, hearing and seeing.  When we use the word 'big', is someone walking out of their wheelchair bigger than watching the Red sea depart or God stamping the ten commandments on a rock? Why did Jesus hide himself physically through prophets when the BIG miracles took place? Even when the ten commandments took place, Moses went away to the mountain side. Is it because he wasn't born into a physical birth yet? Then again, Jesus didn't have to be born a physical birth for him to perform miracles in the OT, but when he performed miracles in the NT he was quiet and subtle about it. Oh the gentle and mysterious Lamb, our Lord our Lord. - DRS81

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Have you ever noticed when Jesus was performing miracles he always healed people. He never made his miracles so big that people gave him the name, 'magic man'.

:blink:

:blink: :blink:

:blink: :blink: :blink:

The multiplication of bread is not a "big" miracle?

The walking on water is not a "big" miracle?

The commanding of the storm to be silent is not a "big" miracle?

The transfiguration is not a "big" miracle?!!

HIS RISING FROM THE DEATH NOT A "BIG" MIRACLE?!!!

HIS ASCENSION TO HEAVEN NOT A "BIG" MIRACLE?!!!

I don't know about you, but all these seem pretty "big" miracles to me. :P

~

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Well to me every miracle is big, but Jesus never gave the impression that he was good at magic, like David Blaine. He always performed miracles through faith. Either you had faith to see or not.

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Well to me every miracle is big, but Jesus never gave the impression that he was good at magic, like David Blaine. He always performed miracles through faith. Either you had faith to see or not.

Even if you are seeing him in a positive light, I think you are wrong in comparing Jesus' miracles to magic. And him to magicians.

Magicians are here to entertain. But Jesus had much bigger missions than entertainment. They have different goals, different motives, and therefore acted differently. (Can you even imagine Jesus smiling for the camera while performing one of his miracles? No.) Your points of comparison then are not valid, because there are no points of comparison.

Besides, Jesus is God, and a comparison between him and a magician doing parlor tricks is simply not applicable, in my opinion.

~

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Even if you are seeing him in a positive light, I think you are wrong in comparing Jesus' miracles to magic. And him to magicians.

I agree, blessings.

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

I agree, blessings.

Blessings to you too... :th_handshake:
~

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Why did Jesus hide himself physically through Moses. Why didn't Jesus show himself and tell the people, "this is my power that is splitting the red sea."

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,476 posts

Why did Jesus hide himself physically through Moses. Why didn't Jesus show himself and tell the people, "this is my power that is splitting the red sea."

they had a tendency to make idols and worship the idols instead of the god that it represented would be my guess....   but since I'm not God I can't give you a definitive answer.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Probably because Jesus had yet to be born. 

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

He wasn't born yet, yet he was performing miracles?

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Show me.

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Show me.

No, that was a question for you. How is this possible?

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Show me.

No, that was a question for you. How is this possible?

It's not possible because Jesus wasn't yet born. 

You're confusing Jesus with The Spirit of Christ. 

That answer your question?

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

So it is possible with the spirit of Christ? Yeah I think that answers it.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Good. 

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Good. 

Good, now all you gotta do is respond to post 186 in..... http://www.worthychr...-church/page-10  :biggrin2:

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Good, now all you gotta do is respond to post 186 in..... http://www.worthychr...-church/page-10  :biggrin2:

What exactly am I supposed to be responding too? I see nothing in that post that indicates a need to respond.

Post #186

So are we done here? Are you confident that what you're getting off the internet is the whole truth? If you are then it's time for me to walk away. I have no desire to debate the internet through you. 

You have a good one.     :emot-wave:

Well it all depends on the website. John Gill's Exposition commentary is different then say..commentary from a Jehovah Witness. You have a good one too.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,476 posts

What exactly am I supposed to be responding too? I see nothing in that post that indicates a need to respond.

Post #186

So are we done here? Are you confident that what you're getting off the internet is the whole truth? If you are then it's time for me to walk away. I have no desire to debate the internet through you. 

You have a good one.     :emot-wave:

Well it all depends on the website. John Gill's Exposition commentary is different then say..commentary from a Jehovah Witness. You have a good one too.

Well for crying out loud Man.   Are you dense        quote:   "You have a good one too"                 Thank him for the compliment...  LoL

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Well for crying out loud Man.   Are you dense        quote:   "You have a good one too"                 Thank him for the compliment...  LoL

facepalm.png  I'm so embarrassed.    

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

popcorn.gif

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network