christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Women in authority

* * * * * 1 votes Paul authority women

• Please log in to reply
192 replies to this topic

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
  • Interests:Kisses from heaven

Alright, somebody help me out with this one please, please, please...

1 Timothy 2:12

And I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man, but to be in silence.

I am struggling! 

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,020 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Knitting,Jigsaw Puzzles.and I love to bake.

What would you like to know sis in regards to Women in Authority?   :mgcheerful:  What the Bible has to say about it?

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Well, how do you understand the above scripture?  Given that women do teach both in churches and in schools and  are put in positions of authority over men?

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts
  • Interests:Dog training, fellowshipping with my family at Worthy. Worshiping the Lord in song. Sharing Jesus with those who do not know Him.

This scripture is for church and I believe the home.  I was married for 25 years .  Steve was the head of our home.  That does not mean I was a doormat.  We always talked things over but the final decision was always his.  In the church women are  not to be pastors.  They are not to be over men.  I believe women are not even to be what would be called deaconess.  The Bible is clear.  Take the scripture and understand it means what is says. 

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,020 posts
  • Interests:Reading,Knitting,Jigsaw Puzzles.and I love to bake.

Well, how do you understand the above scripture?  Given that women do teach both in churches and in schools and  are put in positions of authority over men?

God has ordained that only men are to serve positions of spiritual teaching authority in the church 1 Timothy 2:11-14.This is not because men are better teachers or because women are inferior or less intelligent.It is simply the way God designed the church function.Women in the church are not restricted.God assigns different rolls to men and women.This is the result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world.Women take positions in the church in Bible study and in teaching our children in the Sunday schools.You do see women who are pastors and ministers in Churches but it is not Biblical.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

God has ordained that only men are to serve positions of spiritual teaching authority in the church 1 TImothy 2:11-14.This is not because men are better teachers or because women are inferior or less intelligent.It is simply the way God designed the church function.Women in the church are not restricted.God assigns different rolls to men and women.This is the result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world.Women take positions in the church in Bible study and in teaching our children in the Sunday schools.

Titus 2

1 But as for you, speak the things which are proper for sound doctrine:

2that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience;

3the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things--

that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,

5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,835 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Friends and Climbing

I really enjoy discussing the Bible. There is so much to learn and so much to share.

I am led to reach my hand out, in love, to those in need.

It is my understanding that the women taught women and men taught men.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

:39:

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

God has ordained that only men are to serve positions of spiritual teaching authority in the church 1 TImothy 2:11-14.This is not because men are better teachers or because women are inferior or less intelligent.It is simply the way God designed the church function.Women in the church are not restricted.God assigns different rolls to men and women.This is the result of the way mankind was created and the way in which sin entered the world.Women take positions in the church in Bible study and in teaching our children in the Sunday schools.

Titus 2

2that the older men be sober, reverent, temperate, sound in faith, in love, in patience;

3the older women likewise, that they be reverent in behavior, not slanderers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things--

that they admonish the young women to love their husbands, to love their children,

5 to be discreet, chaste, homemakers, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God may not be blasphemed.

So it is Biblical then...

WillfromTexas

WillfromTexas

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:God, Family, Computers, Animals

We all have important roles that each sex is responsible.  Godly men should be teaching younger men how to be a man.  Godly women should be teaching younger women how to be a woman.  Single parent households are a big reason young people have no clue on what it is to be a man or woman.

If anybody thinks women aren't used by God.  Might I refer you to Esther, Rahab, Ruth, Mary, woman by the well, etc...

The main thing is we all have roles and trying to perform outside that role causes unecessary hardships.  The Bible doesn't say anywhere that women are lesser or any less valuable than a man.  God isn't the author of confusion and is why he told us our roles to begin with.  It wasn't because either sex isn't capable of performing just we we are specifically designed for certain tasks.

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts
  • Interests:My interests include; the bible, Jesus, crocheting, gardening, sightseeing, history, reading, oilpainting learning new things, and music.

I guess you have to look at the messenger here. And Timothy was speaking here with the roles of women in the church & in marriage.

It caused alot of confusion with me for years and then I started to read about Paul in the bible. Paul was the one who wrote Galatians 3:28, ...there can be no male or female ; for ye all are one in Jesus Christ. My understanding here is God has given each of us special gifts and we are to use the gifts in the family of the church and this is where Paul was not telling the women how to live as Timothy would have written, as to say box the women in certain roles and this would make alot of tension amongst the women and even the men.Then alot of fighting and bickering would come out of into the church, for we are the Light of the world and Paul wanted us to get along and use our gifts for the church and the world to see.

As we all know there are women ministers, women sunday school teachers, etc. Some of the church cults started with telling people what THEY wanted in their church and this is wrong in my opinion. We are here to serve God and Give Him the Glory.

donfish06

donfish06

• PipPip
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:Fellowship with fellow believers, disc golf, ultimate frisbee, throwing/playing football, going to church, playing board games

It is not in the women's nature. The Bible likens the Word to a "seed"

MEN are seed sowers. Women can NOT sow seed (sexually and spiritually speaking)

Women RECEIVE seed.

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Much love,

2 Cor. 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Galation 3:27-28 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 6:3-4 [3] Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? [4] Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Much love,

2 Cor. 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit; and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty.

Galatians 5:13 For you, brethren, have been called to liberty; only do not use liberty as an opportunity for the flesh, but through love serve one another.

Galation 3:27-28 For as many of you as were baptized into Christ have put on Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free, there is neither male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

Romans 6:3-4 [3] Or do you not know that as many of us as were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into His death? [4] Therefore we were buried with Him through baptism into death, that just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

Your point?

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,169 posts
  • Interests:Dog training, fellowshipping with my family at Worthy. Worshiping the Lord in song. Sharing Jesus with those who do not know Him.

Titus 2

Teaching is different.  I said  women are not to be pastors, in other the head of a church.  I had no problem with my husband being the head of  the home.  When it's done in God's order it always works.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

It is not in the women's nature. The Bible likens the Word to a "seed"

MEN are seed sowers. Women can NOT sow seed (sexually and spiritually speaking)

Women RECEIVE seed.

Spiritually??????

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Titus 2

Teaching is different.  I said  women are not to be pastors, in other the head of a church.  I had no problem with my husband being the head of  the home.  When it's done in God's order it always works.

:noidea:

Joshua-777

Joshua-777

Royal Member

• Worthy Prayer Partner
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,870 posts
  • Interests:Learning to love Jesus with all my heart, soul, and mind, and learning to love my neighbor as myself.

So, women may not be able to be pastors, but they are allowed to be ........ apostles and prophets?

Romans 16:7 Greet Andronicus and Junia, my countrymen and my fellow prisoners, who are of note among the apostles, who also were in Christ before me.

Luke 2:36 Now there was one, Anna, a prophetess, the daughter of Phanuel, of the tribe of Asher. She was of a great age, and had lived with a husband seven years from her virginity;

Not to mention, all the mighty woman of God in authority in the old testament Miriam, Deborah, etc.

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Much love,

Your point?

Point being...Much love to you...When we have been baptized into Christ and have put Him on-as Galations 3: 27-28 states...our experience is likened to His Death...and Likened to His Ressurection...and from experience when walking in The Spirit and Not My Flesh...There is no gender...Complete surrender...giving up our life; being a vessel...Whew...One in Christ Jesus...Doing The Will of The Father On The Earth...In The Name of Jesus...

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Much love,

Your point?

Point being...Much love to you...When we have been baptized into Christ and have put Him on-as Galations 3: 27-28 states...our experience is likened to His Death...and Likened to His Ressurection...and from experience when walking in The Spirit and Not My Flesh...There is no gender...Complete surrender...giving up our life; being a vessel...Whew...One in Christ Jesus...Doing The Will of The Father On The Earth...In The Name of Jesus...

How do your posts tie into the OP?

I'm just curious.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Paul, authority, women

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network