christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Seeking an Old Verse

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

jdhop

jdhop
  • 1 posts

Hello all, 

I've been thinking of an old bible verse from when I was in school that I can't quite remember.  I just remember the verse stating that Christians would always be a minority.  I can't remember if it was in one of the Gospels as something Jesus personally said or in one of his apostle's writings.  The general tone of the verse was that followers of Jesus should not expect to be accepted by the world and could anticipate persecution, but it was due to the fact that true Christians would never be in the majority.  Thanks if anyone knows of the verse I am trying to remember.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts
John 15:18-19

New King James Version (NKJV)

The World’s Hatred

18 “If the world hates you, you know that it hated Me before it hated you. 19 If you were of the world, the world would love its own. Yet because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, therefore the world hates you.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

By the way, welcome, and God bless you.  What can I call you for short? :)

Boash

Boash

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
Welcome jdhop.

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Hi, Hop!  Welcome to you and peace!

I found a few.  How about these?

Matthew 22:14

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

14 For many are called, but few are chosen.”

Matthew 7:13

The Narrow and Wide Gates

13 “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.

Luke 13:24

24 (A)Strive to enter through the narrow door; for many, I tell you, will seek to enter and will not be able.

Hope this helps, but I will keep looking.

In His Service,

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

A few more -

Matthew 22:3-5

And he (A)sent out his slaves to call those who had been invited to the wedding feast, and they were unwilling to come. Again he (B)sent out other slaves saying, ‘Tell those who have been invited, “Behold, I have prepared my dinner; my oxen and my fattened livestock are all butchered and everything is ready; come to the wedding feast.”’ But they paid no attention and went their way, one to his own [a]farm, another to his business,

Matthew 25

Parable of Ten Virgins

25 “Then (A)the kingdom of heaven will be comparable to ten virgins, who took their (B)lamps and went out to meet the bridegroom. Five of them were foolish, and five were (C)prudent. For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them, but the (D)prudent took oil in flasks along with their lamps. Now while the bridegroom was delaying, they all got drowsy and began to sleep. But at midnight there was a shout, ‘Behold, the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’ Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps. The foolish said to the prudent, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’ But the (E)prudent answered, ‘No, there will not be enough for us and you too; go instead to the dealers and buy some for yourselves.’ 10 And while they were going away to make the purchase, the bridegroom came, and those who were (F)ready went in with him to (G)the wedding feast; and (H)the door was shut.11 Later the other virgins also came, saying, ‘(I)Lord, lord, open up for us.’ 12 But he answered, ‘Truly I say to you, I do not know you.’ 13 (J)Be on the alert then, for you do not know the day nor the hour.

Matthew 7:21-29

21 (A)Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. 22 (B)Many will say to Me on (C)that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many [a]miracles?’ 23 And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; (D)depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’

Yours In Christ Jesus,

PrairWarur

WIP

WIP

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Hi and welcome :mgcheerful:

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Welcome!

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,452 posts

Welcome~!

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,750 posts

Welcome:)

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Welcome to Worthy!

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,970 posts

Welcome :)

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network