christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

hi, I am new

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
30 replies to this topic

Reformed Baptist

Reformed Baptist
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Hello everyone I am new to the forum.  

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I became a Christian as a young child. I have served the Lord for over 30 years now. Currently I pastor a small baptist church in the UK. I am married with two children and I love to talk about my faith. My avatar sums up my theological convictions - I am both baptist and reformed.

I am here to check this place out, talk a bit and share fellowship.  

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Welcome to Worthy from a commonwealth country across the Atlantic! It's a bright, shiny snow covered day!! Brrry to be exact!!

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,882 posts

Let me tell you a bit about myself. I became a Christian as a young child. I have served the Lord for over 30 years now. Currently I pastor a small baptist church in the UK. I am married with two children and I love to talk about my faith. My avatar sums up my theological convictions - I am both baptist and reformed.

Welcome to the forums!

Hope you grow in your walk with Christ here, enjoy the fellowship with fellow Believers, and point those who don't believe to Christ.

Question: What is the difference between a Baptist and a Reformed Baptist?

God bless,

GE

Reformed Baptist

Reformed Baptist
  • Members
  • 94 posts

A reformed baptist is a baptist who is reformed :D

Following the reformation two branches of Baptist though emerged, one was the general baptists and the other was the particular baptists, those who held to baptist principles but also the Doctrines of Grace (AKA Calvinism). Those particular baptists are know known by various names, one of the is reformed baptist and our beliefs are best summed up the 1689 Baptist confession of faith. 

http://www.spurgeon....creeds/bcof.htm

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,882 posts

A reformed baptist is a baptist who is reformed :D

Following the reformation two branches of Baptist though emerged, one was the general baptists and the other was the particular baptists, those who held to baptist principles but also the Doctrines of Grace (AKA Calvinism). Those particular baptists are know known by various names, one of the is reformed baptist and our beliefs are best summed up the 1689 Baptist confession of faith. 

http://www.spurgeon....creeds/bcof.htm

Very interesting thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

Once you get 5 posts you will have access to the rest of the site. Welcome again! :)

Reformed Baptist

Reformed Baptist
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Thanks for the welcome

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

Welcome :) God bless you!

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,970 posts

Welcome :)

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,403 posts
We welcome you here, even if you are reformed. lol. My own roots are mostly in the Lutheran tradition, which doesn't fit entirely into either the reformed or arminian camp. But you will find many reformed comrads, many staunch Weslyian arminians, and some like me who beilieve both are rooted in the Bible. The most important thing is that we are united by our communion with the Living God, and the Christ Who lives in us, and the Spirit Who has also sealed us. We are one in Him.

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,750 posts

Welcome :)

more2life

more2life

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 504 posts

Welcome =) Hope you find this community/family a blessing! I know I sure have.

Take care and Be blessed!

Boash

Boash

• PipPip
  • 146 posts
Hi Reformed and welcome to Worthy!

WillfromTexas

WillfromTexas

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Well it is a pleasure to have you here!  Pastor's are usually so busy and to take the time to pal around with us is great!

Lot of strong believers here, and we manage to get along despite some theological differences.  People are always up for a brisk discussion of doctrines and have enthusiasm for the Lord.  Despite our differences in some doctrines we remind each other that the most important doctrine is salvation through Jesus alone.  Well other than the atheists and seekers but we are equally happy to have them here.  They have to hear the Word of the Lord somewhere. :clap:

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

Peace,

PrairWarur

alien224

alien224

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 515 posts

Welcome glad to have you!

Reformed Baptist

Reformed Baptist
  • Members
  • 94 posts

Well it is a pleasure to have you here!  Pastor's are usually so busy and to take the time to pal around with us is great!

Lot of strong believers here, and we manage to get along despite some theological differences.  People are always up for a brisk discussion of doctrines and have enthusiasm for the Lord.  Despite our differences in some doctrines we remind each other that the most important doctrine is salvation through Jesus alone.  Well other than the atheists and seekers but we are equally happy to have them here.  They have to hear the Word of the Lord somewhere. :clap:

Thanks for all the welcomes, in response to the above - that is just how it should be, and this is the strength of our witness - the harmony we make despite sounding different notes. It is something the world does not have, knowing only unity in agreement. We set ourselves apart from the world by how we disagree in love :D

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

hello and welcome to worthy.

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts

Welcome RB! :)

Tom465

Tom465
  • Members
  • 5 posts
Hi

Tom465

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,058 posts

Welcome to Worthy Tom. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network