christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are we actually supposed to spread the word?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
20 replies to this topic

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

As Christians are we just meant to stand and do nothing? Aren't we meant to spread the word so that others may be saved?

Well, every time I try to, I lose friends and I get called all sorts of names. It's really difficult. I am not doing myself any favours.

Besides, what's the point if nobody listens?

Sorry, but I'm just fed up and frustrated. I just can't preach. Am I letting God down by giving up?

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Are we actually supposed to spread the word?

Matthew 28

18 And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. 

19 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 

20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,963 posts

We are told to spread the word. We are not responsible for their actions upon hearing the word. To tell folks the gospel is doing what God wants us to do. Whats the point if no one listens? The point is being faithful to His command. If you lose friends and get names tossed at you, remember matthew 5

11 Blessed are you when men shall revile you and persecute you , and shall say all kinds of evil against you falsely, for My sake.
12 Rejoice and be exceedingly glad, for your reward in Heaven is great. For so they persecuted the prophets who were before you.

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

As Christians are we just meant to stand and do nothing? Aren't we meant to spread the word so that others may be saved?

Well, every time I try to, I lose friends and I get called all sorts of names. It's really difficult. I am not doing myself any favours.

Sorry, but I'm just fed up and frustrated. I just can't preach. Am I letting God down by giving up?

The message of the Cross is offensive don't take it personally.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,038 posts

The message of the Cross is offensive don't take it personally.

Yes,to most in our world it is.And what does that say about our world?

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

Go into the world and preach the gospel at all times. and if necessary, use words.

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

Nothing good.

2Co 2:15-16  For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.  (16)  To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task?

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

1 Corinthians 3

1. And I, brethren, could not speak unto you as unto spiritual, but as unto carnal, even as unto babes in Christ.

2. I have fed you with milk, and not with meat: for hitherto ye were not able to bear it, neither yet now are ye able.

3. For ye are yet carnal: for whereas there is among you envying, and strife, and divisions, are ye not carnal, and walk as men?

4. For while one saith, I am of Paul; and another, I am of Apollos; are ye not carnal?

5. Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man?

6. I have planted, Apollos watered; but God gave the increase.

7. So then neither is he that planteth any thing, neither he that watereth; but God that giveth the increase.

8. Now he that planteth and he that watereth are one: and every man shall receive his own reward according to his own labour.

9. For we are labourers together with God: ye are God's husbandry, ye are God's building.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,038 posts

Nothing good.

2Co 2:15-16  For we are to God the pleasing aroma of Christ among those who are being saved and those who are perishing.  (16)  To the one we are an aroma that brings death; to the other, an aroma that brings life. And who is equal to such a task?

Ya think?Their will be a time of wrath and judgment and it ain't gonna be any picnic.

the_patriot2014

the_patriot2014

Royal Member

• Platinum Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,189 posts

fixed it thanks

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Galatians 6

7Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap.

8For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life.

9And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart.

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

Ya think?Their will be a time of wrath and judgment and it ain't gonna be any picnic.

Yes :(

( so are you still pre-Christmas timing of the next rapture timing thread ? :D )

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

I know what you're saying buddy. It's hard out there especially when corporations, zombies and money rule.

Please watch your language.

Our desire is to provide a Christian-friendly, family oriented atmosphere online.

Edited by OneLight, 18 December 2013 - 09:30 AM.

WIP

WIP

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Yes we are commanded to share the good news..but..having done so we are to do what the apostles did when after sharing the word with unbelievers they were instructed to shake the dust off their feet in testimony against them when they rejected the word of God

Matt 10:14 And whoever will not receive you nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust from your feet.

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Well, every time I try to, I lose friends and I get called all sorts of names.

Those aren't the sorts of friends you want anyway, Willow.

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

Well, every time I try to, I lose friends and I get called all sorts of names.

Those aren't the sorts of friends you want anyway, Willow.

Unfortunately they are people that I used to work with or people that I bump into regularly. I am not always able to just turn my back. Where do I go?

The hatred for Jesus that I see and hear on a regular basis is astonishing. It really hurts me. I don't know many Christians. I can't seem to find many.

Even the ones that I do find, I later discover they are false Christians who support gay marriage and all sorts of other vices.

I can't even seem to find a church that isn't like that.

I feel completely alone sometimes.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,963 posts

Pray and ask Him to help you find other believers. 

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,414 posts

You're not letting Him down, WW.  You're trying and it sounds like the problem lies with those you're trying to reach and not with you.  Just out of curiosity, who on earth are you talking to?  I mean I can't imagine that kind of reaction to the Gospel.  :confused: 

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,740 posts

You're not letting Him down, WW.  You're trying and it sounds like the problem lies with those you're trying to reach and not with you.  Just out of curiosity, who on earth are you talking to?  I mean I can't imagine that kind of reaction to the Gospel.  :confused: 

I didn't set out to preach, I just overheard somebody I know saying awful things about Jesus and about Christianity. I tried to correct him, but it turned into a fight (on his part not mine). I remained calm throughout (which is unlike me) and in the end he told me that he never wants me to speak to him again.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

I had one person tell me that they use the bible like toilet paper. His comment didn't get the desired reaction. I just smiled and told him, "Good for you, at least you're getting some use out of that book". That stopped him dead in his tracks. He didn't have a snappy comeback. He expected me to get all offended. I simply walked away.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network