The parallels in Joseph and Jesus' life are amazing! (these aren't exactly chronological, as I thought of other similarities as I typed)
1) Joseph was beloved of his father
Jesus was God's "son, in whom He is well pleased"
2) Both Jesus and Joseph prophesied that they would one day rule.
3) Both were accused of being "dreamers"
4) Joseph was sent by Jacob to "seek on he welfare" of his brothers.
Jesus was sent to his brethren
5) Joseph was hated of his brothers because he was more spiritual
Jesus was hated by his brethren (the Jews) because of his spirituality (among other things)
6) Joseph was rejected by his brothers, and left to die.
The Jews rejected Jesus
7) Joseph was left for dead by his brothers, cast into a pit for 3 days, before rising out of the pit
Jesus was killed by his brethren, died and was buried before raising again after 3 days
8) Joseph was sold for silver to gentiles
Jesus was betrayed by Judas for silver, to the Roman guard, also gentiles
9) Both were stripped of their clothing
10) Joseph became a servant in Potiphar's (sp?) house
Jesus humbled himself and became a servant to humanity
11) Every thing Joseph did prospered
Jesus never failed and was fruitful in his ministry
12) Joseph was falsely accused
Jesus was falsely accused by 2 witnesses
13) Joseph resisted temptation when Potiphar's wife came to him
Jesus resisted temptation when Satan tempted him
14) Joseph was cast in to prison, with another prisoner on either side
Jesus was put on the cross, with thieves on either side
15) Joseph prophesied one of the 2 would be delivered
Jesus told the thief that he would be in paradise
16) Joseph was raised from prison, and placed on the right hand of Pharaoh
Jesus was resurrected and took his place on the right hand of the Father
17) All who approached Pharaoh had to come through Joseph
We must approach God through Jesus
18) All people were commanded to bow to Joseph
"Every knee shall bow, every tongue confess that Jesus is Lord..."
19) Pharaoh gave Joseph a gentile bride
God has given Jesus a gentile bride
20) Joseph was behind a veil, hidden from his brothers
Thoughts or any additions?