christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Hashbrown caserole (this is so good!)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Hey all! I am cooking this bad boy now, and I figured, it was easy enough to type out so I would just share the recipe because its so verdy good!

Its a Hashbrown caserole

**So just preheat the oven to 350 degrees

And mix everything up (on this list below) in the very same pan you will be cooking it in. Saves dishes! I use a 9 by 13 pan (a glass pan sprayed with oil) to be exact.

Okay, so toss into the pan ...

1- 10 ounce can of cream of chicken soup
1/2 stick of melted butter
2 cups of shredded Colby cheese ( or an 8 ounce block of the same that spent some time in the food processor)
1/2 a chopped onion
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper

Now, just mix all that up until well combined

Lastly, add in 2 lbs of shredded potatoes (make sure they are thawed out) if using frozen

And its best to mix these shredded potatoes into the other ingredients by hand (they just combine faster and much better) that way.

After they are mixed well spread them over the pan evenly (just avoid smashing them down, no need to do that) just loosely disperse them over the pan

Put them into the preheated oven baking them for 40- 50 minutes on 350 degrees (or until they start to get slightly golden brown on the top)

When they are done take them out of the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before eating.

**These are just soooo good and addicting, and outside of one piece I could get my hands on my husband ate the entire thing! And he sounded real glad I was making them again tonight. Its in the oven as I type.

He has been getting home around 10 Pm from work so we are eating late dinners.

Hope you love it if you try it (we did) its so easy and makes for a wonderful side, whether for breakfast or dinner.

God bless you

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,042 posts

It does sound good.Thanks for sharing..  :mgcheerful:

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Welcome sis, its a copy cat recipe (but not really) because its supposedly the exact recipe of cracker barrels own hash brown dish. The guy sounded as if he worked there and knew exactly where the other recipes (out there) were off. And what cracker barrel does (verses what it does not do).

Works for me, its pretty good.

Bopeep, what if you have a recipe (or recipes) off of various videos, and we cant post videos here right? So how do I post a link to the video without the video being embedded?

Like, how to I point out a video (by link) or something like that, you know?

I had to ask

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,172 posts

Hey all! I am cooking this bad boy now, and I figured, it was easy enough to type out so I would just share the recipe because its so verdy good!

Its a Hashbrown caserole

And mix everything up (on this list below) in the very same pan you will be cooking it in. Saves dishes! I use a 9 by 13 pan (a glass pan sprayed with oil) to be exact.

2 cups of shredded Colby cheese ( or an 8 ounce block of the same that spent some time in the food processor)
1/2 a chopped onion
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper

Lastly, add in 2 lbs of shredded potatoes (make sure they are thawed out) if using frozen

And its best to mix these shredded potatoes into the other ingredients by hand (they just combine faster and much better) that way.

After they are mixed well spread them over the pan evenly (just avoid smashing them down, no need to do that) just loosely disperse them over the pan

Put them into the preheated oven baking them for 40- 50 minutes on 350 degrees (or until they start to get slightly golden brown on the top)

When they are done take them out of the oven and let it rest for 20 minutes before eating.

**These are just soooo good and addicting, and outside of one piece I could get my hands on my husband ate the entire thing! And he sounded real glad I was making them again tonight. Its in the oven as I type.

Hope you love it if you try it (we did) its so easy and makes for a wonderful side, whether for breakfast or dinner.

God bless you

This is something I could really enjoy!

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Yeah, who doesn't love cheesy buttery stuff right?

lol

I need to go on a diet soon...

gracelovehope1

gracelovehope1

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Yummy I think i have to try this recipe .Ty for sharing your cooking prowess.

chloe_fantastic

chloe_fantastic

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,232 posts

Thank you for sharing this. I will definitely be trying it.

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Welcome girls.

God bless you

angels4u

angels4u

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,750 posts

Its a Hashbrown caserole

1/2 a chopped onion
1 tsp of salt
1/2 tsp of pepper

God bless you

This looks delicious!!

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

We'll have cheesy potatoe shreds and drink some kefir sis lol

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,042 posts

lol

A diet?What's that?

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

lol

A diet?What's that?

Haha, Im looking like I dont know what that is right now LOL

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network