christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What Little Girls Wish Daddies Knew

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
13 replies to this topic

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,890 posts

I read this today. My wife shared this with me. We're having a little girl at the beginning of next year. Thought this was good and I'd share.

WHAT LITTLE GIRLS WISH DADDIES KNEW

December 14, 2013 by taralee73

I’m spending the morning waiting for my car in the repair shop. Four men in flannel (I missed the flannel memo) and I sit around smelling tires and inhaling exhaust fumes while an enchanting little girl fairy is in constant motion around her daddy. She climbs on him, giggles, turns around, and then she’s back to twirling on the tile.

She’s bouncing and spinning around in her pink frilly skirt. Her black cable knit tights are sagging around her tiny knees, and her puffy coat makes her arms stand out further than is natural. To top off the ensemble is a shiny crystal tiara. It’s been tacked down to her head with what appears to be about 60 haphazard bobby pins.

She’s probably four years old. So little, so vulnerable. She doesn’t seem concerned about it as she sings about teapots and ladybugs in her black Mary Janes. I feel myself tear up as I watch her. I tear up as I watch him watch her. She could not possibly know at four what impact this man, his character, or his words will have on her for years to come. And, maybe he doesn’t know either.

So, to all the daddies with little girls who aren’t old enough yet to ask for what they need from you, here is what we wish you knew:

1. How you love me is how I will love myself.

2. Ask how I am feeling and listen to my answer, I need to know you value me before I can understand my true value.

3. I learn how I should be treated by how you treat my mom, {whe}ther you are married to her or not.

4. If you are angry with me, I feel it even if I don’t understand it, so talk to me.

5. Every time you show grace to me or someone else, I learn to trust God a little more.

6. I need to experience your nurturing physical strength, so I learn to trust the physicality of men.

7. Please don’t talk about sex like a teenage boy, or I'll think it’s something dirty.

8. When your tone is gentle, I understand what you are saying much better.

9. How you talk about female bodies when you’re ‘just joking’ is what I believe about my own.

10. How you handle my heart, is how I will allow it to be handled by others.

11. If you encourage me to find what brings joy, I will always seek it.

12. If you teach me what safe feels like when I’m with you, I will know better how to guard myself from men who are not.

13. Teach me a love of art, science, and nature, and I will learn that intellect matters more than dress size.

14. Let me say exactly what I want even if it’s wrong or silly, because I need to know having a strong voice is acceptable to you.

15. When I get older, if you seem afraid of my changing body, I will believe something is wrong with it.

16. If you understand contentment for yourself, so will I.

17. When I ask you to let go, please remain available, I will always come back and need you if you do.

18. If you demonstrate tenderness, I learn to embrace my own vulnerability rather than fear it.

19. When you let me help fix the car and paint the house, I will believe I can do anything a boy can do.

20. When you protect my femininity, I learn everything about me is worthy of protecting.

21. How you treat our dog when you think I’m not watching tells me more about you than does just about anything else.

22. Don’t let money be everything, or I learn not to respect it or you.

23. Hug, hold, and kiss me in all the ways a daddy does that are right and good and pure. I need it so much to understand healthy touch.

24. Please don’t lie, because I believe what you say.

25. Don’t avoid hard conversations, because it makes me believe I’m not worth fighting for.

It’s pretty simple, really. Little girls just love their daddies. They each think their daddy hung the moon. Once in a while when you look at your little gal twirling in her frilly skirt, remember she’ll be grown one day. What do you want her to know about men, life, herself, love? What you do and say now matters for a lifetime. Daddies, never underestimate the impact of your words or deeds on your daughters, no matter their age.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,161 posts

I have seen this before.It is important information.

BluePanda

BluePanda
  • Members
  • 21 posts

I think I'd add to this list:

26. Don't let work, personal hobbies, entertainment, or interests take priority over your time with family.

27. Let me see you pray, read your Bible, and lead our family in worshipping God. It will make me desire those things for myself.

28. Be willing to admit when you are wrong and don't be too tough to show emotion or tears.

29. Don't always try to fix me or my problems. Don't try to give quick answers. Sometimes all I need is a listening ear and a hug of understanding.

30. Give me the freedom to make my own choices as I grow older. Even if you may not agree with them. 

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,572 posts

21. How you treat our dog when you think I’m not watching tells me more about you than does just about anything else.

this is not just for daughters.........    and it's more true than most people would want to think.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,161 posts

this is not just for daughters.........    and it's more true than most people would want to think.

If an animal does not like a person or hides when they enter the house it makes me wonder...  :39:

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,572 posts

If an animal does not like a person or hides when they enter the house it makes me wonder...  :39:

me too

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
Is there a male version of this?

What Little Boys Wish Daddies Knew ?

Real fathering is a very big hole in my life... and I would like at least to read about it.

~

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,572 posts

Real fathering is a very big hole in my life... and I would like at least to read about it.

~

I think the most joyous day in my life was our daughters wedding....    even more so than our own because we were both scared half to death on our wedding day.

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

I think the most joyous day in my life was our daughters wedding....    even more so than our own because we were both scared half to death on our wedding day.

You must have been a very good father, OO.

:thumbsup:

~

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,550 posts

:emot-heartbeat:

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,572 posts

~

Probably more that I had a very rare and special wife, and she gave me some very special kids, but I did help as much as I could.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,890 posts

~

We could always start a new thread Dak?

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

I think the most joyous day in my life was our daughters wedding.... even more so than our own because we were both scared half to death on our wedding day.

~
Probably more that I had a very rare and special wife, and she gave me some very special kids, but I did help as much as I could.

That's much more than what many other fathers can say... :)
~

Dak

Dak

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

~

We could always start a new thread Dak?

Done!

http://www.worthychr...h-daddies-knew/

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network