christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Is Bill Cosby a born again christian?

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

I've often wondered this.

The Cosby Show, need I say more.... :grin:

I just can't picture this man in hell, it's really difficult...

http://en.wikipedia....wiki/Bill_Cosby

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,452 posts

Praying~!

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Romans 16:20

Never forget that the devil is there 24/7 too. He's very, very busy. When my son was murdered people asked me how I felt about God and what had happened to my son. I said "no, you can't go there. You have to understand that there is a devil and he works 24/7. Whoever murdered our son was with the devil." http://www.christian...im-tebow-64962/

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,912 posts

http://www.christian...im-tebow-64962/

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

Can you guys just sum up what you wanna say instead of just flopping a website onto a thread. Tx.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,912 posts

I gave a citation link to an article where he discusses his faith. For copyright reasons, I dont post the whole article. You can read it and see what he says about his faith.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,008 posts

I think there is a pretty good chance he is born again, but I don't know.   The thing is that many of these hollywood stars don't have time to go to church.  They may have a faith that they have held on to going back to their childhood, but they have never really grown or matured in their faith due to the fact that Hollywood and the mind numbing schedules that actors have to keep doesn't lend itself to church attendance and otherwise living the Christian life.  They have almost nothing to plug into, spiritually it seems.

The celebs that do hold strong to their faith end up never getting far in the industry.  To get the big roles in the blockbuster pictures, you have to do things that are immoral.  .Sleeping your way to the top is common in Hollywood.  You have to go the to right parties and many of them involve drugs, sex, drunkeness and so on.  But that is where you have to be to connect to the right people to get kind of roles you want.   It is the seedy underbelling that has ruined young actors and actresses.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,425 posts

http://www.mattmcwil...by-on-churches/

the video on here speaks for itself.   my one fingered typing just doesn't have the time to put this very short video into words.

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

the video on here speaks for itself.   my one fingered typing just doesn't have the time to put this very short video into words.

Anybody can just add religious words into a conversation and look good for the camera. It's just hard to tell with this man.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

What if he wasn't?  

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,579 posts

Anybody can just add religious words into a conversation and look good for the camera. It's just hard to tell with this man.

not going to be easy to answer you, is it........ :(

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,425 posts

Look at his career and his family....   how he speaks to others in his business..       

What in his life leads you to believe that what he is saying is not what he thinks and lives..     It's hard to tell with anyone.....   his life has been pretty open for decades.   So I would ask, what has he done to make you think he's not a Christian......   he does claim to be a Christian openly.

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

all is fair and love. I dunno, God is the judge at the end of day so......

he's just an interesting story. he's been an icon for children all over the world, and he never curses in his comedy sessions.

the 1980's baby............ :thumbsup:

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

I believe that until we are able to read the contents of an individuals heart, it's all speculation. 

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,608 posts

I don't really care.(in that I have never thought about it) It's between him and God. I have more important things to worry about.

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

The same is true on all christian forums, where (for the most part) we are all typing into our reply boxes the very same.

Both can be a situation where one says (in words) but does not (in deed).

Loving more in word (or in tongue) then in deed (and in truth)

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Keeping an eye on my own reprobate status (lol)

Rustyangel

Rustyangel

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,168 posts

I agree.  The Bible says you will know them by their fruits.  

Brother Paul

Brother Paul

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Real Christians are those born from above. There is no such thing as a genuine Christian not born from above. The two concepts are synonymous. To say "born again Christian" is a redundant misnomer. Any who do not have the Spirit of Christ in them are not His (period). Are there some who consider themselves or claim to be Christians in the church? Yes! Like the five unwise virgins, they never repented or grew out of their old lifestyle (their wicks have not been trimmed) neither are they filled with the Spirit (their lamps are empty of oil)...therefore though they appeared as if Christians, even claimed to be Christians (fooling everyone, maybe even themselves) Christ NEVER KNEW THEM....Capeesh? Believers, unbelievers, and make-believers are all in the church but not necessarily saved just because they said a prayer or took a bath....once the Spirit takes up residence transformation is inevitable...you shall know then by their fruits (some fruits take longer to grow but the fruit is the proof).

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,425 posts

I don't really care.(in that I have never thought about it) It's between him and God. I have more important things to worry about.

yeah,   go catch them rhino poachers

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,882 posts

I happened to come across a review here, was interesting...pg 4 review from 'Bobby'..

www.amazon.com/The-Cosby-Show-Seasons-Bill/product-reviews/B003D8M0NG/ref=cm_cr_pr_btm_link_4?ie=UTF8&pageNumber=4&showViewpoints=0&sortBy=byRankDescending

When one compares the various sitcoms presently airing on television to The Cosby Show, a remarkable difference is evident. It is unknown whether this was the intent of the producers, but The Cosby Show family-centered storylines and themes clearly bespeak Christian values and morals. Throughout its various episodes, this sitcom not only teaches valuable life lessons, but also presents everyday family life in a way that nearly everyone... can relate to. In episode 17 of season 6, for example, viewers, particularly children, learn a valuable lesson about stealing, confession, and honesty when Rudy "borrows" $2.30 from Claire's money and gets caught trying to return it.

While little to no direct reference to religion and/or Christianity is evident on The Cosby Show, upon examining the family values, ethics, and functions the sitcom portrays, it is clear that the Christian worldview is present. The show clearly demonstrates the kind of monogamous relationship that ought to exist between a husband and wife through the example of Dr. Heathcliff Huxtable and his wife Claire, the grandparents, and in later episodes, draughts Sondra and her husband Elvin. Sexual morality is upheld in that there are no displays of promiscuity and fornication, which nowadays is very rare.

The Cosby Show portrays ideals in family life, values, child-rearing, relationships, etc. that many people look up to. The sitcom reflects Biblical principles in morality and acceptable behavior and demonstrates human value through the interactions of the family members with one another and with outside forces.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network