christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

where you really belong

* * * * * 1 votes a course in miralces jesus meaning of life

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
10 replies to this topic

honeybeeeraider

honeybeeeraider
  • 1 posts
Right now, there is a spiritual document that comes as close as anything possibly can to expressing Jesus’ actual message. This teaching, known as A Course in Miracles, is not designed to bring forth yet another organization obsessed with changing a world of dreams instead of the mind of the dreamer.

Jesus of A Course in Miracles is not the same as the version of Jesus in Christianity, and the two thought systems are not compatible. For Christianity, their suffering image of Jesus the body is extra special. He is different than you in the sense that he alone is God’s only begotten Son. But the Jesus of A Course in Miracles informs you that because you and he are one, then you are equally God’s only begotten Son or Christ —not any different than him—and furthermore, you can eventually experience this.

Inner peace and true strength are major goals of A Course in Miracles, but it has a unique way of accomplishing this within you. It is a self - study, one-on-one metamorphosis into Christ that is done at the level of the mind between you and Jesus, or you and the Holy Spirit, if you prefer to think of it that way. Either one will do. The only difference between the Holy Spirit and Jesus is that one is abstract and the other is specific. They’re really the same, and your work will be done in your mind along with Them.

The Course explains the Holy Spirit is the Voice for God Who is always with you. And, as you will eventually experience, it is also symbolic of what you really are. God’s Son, or Christ, is not a man or a woman; He is your reality. And you are not a person—you just experience that you are. It is at the level of your experience that your training must take place, but you will be led beyond your present experience. You will become Christ—and be one with all of true Creation.

The awareness of your oneness with the Presence of God is yours because God gave it to you. You have forgotten it. Yet it is still there, buried in your mind. There is a way to remember. And by remembering, you will reclaim what you really are and where you really belong. 

A Course in Miracles is not meant to be the handbook of a religion or a code of moral behavior. It is a system of thought proposing that if you take care of the mind, all else will follow naturally. This is a lifelong spiritual path for people who are serious about wanting to break free from the world and go home. That doesn’t mean you always have to take things seriously. If anything, the Course is saying that the world cannot  be taken seriously.

The opposite of God is anything that is not God, but what is all-encompassing—God—cannot have an opposite. If God is perfect Love, then He is not anything else, and neither are you. You are, in fact, the Love of God, and your real life is with Him. You will come to know and experience that God is not outside of you. You will no longer identify yourself with a vulnerable body or anything else that can be limited. You will learn instead of your true reality as pure spirit that is invulnerable forever.

The meaning of love cannot be taught or learned. Love will take care of Itself. Your job is to learn how to remove the blocks to your awareness of love’s presence, along with the Holy Spirit. The Voice for God, which I will refer to as the Holy Spirit, is still with you to remind you of the truth and call you to return.

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,930 posts
Welcome to Worthy. Tell us a little about yourself.

John Robinson

John Robinson

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 368 posts

That book has been around for years, and has been thoroughly debunked as new age claptrap. The word "dangerous" doesn't even begin to describe it.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,536 posts

Welcome~!

~

Your job is to learn how to remove the blocks to your awareness of love’s presence, along with the Holy Spirit. The Voice for God, which I will refer to as the Holy Spirit, is still with you to remind you of the truth and call you to return.

~

God's Work

For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. Philippians 2:13

My Job

What shall I render unto the LORD for all his benefits toward me? I will take the cup of salvation, and call upon the name of the LORD. Psalms 116:12-13

His Pleasure

The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want.

He maketh me to lie down in green pastures: he leadeth me beside the still waters.

He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name's sake.

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over.

Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever. Psalms 23

WIP

WIP

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 658 posts

Hi there and welcome :grin:

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

A Worthy Welcome to you!

Peace to you and a very Merry Christmas!

In His Service,

PrairWarur

Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Welcome to Worthy honeybeeeraider!! Hope that you will have a great time here!! :)

God bless you!!!

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,640 posts

Welcome to Worthy. Tell us a little about yourself.

Yep I would be interested to know a little more myself.

WillfromTexas

WillfromTexas

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

You don't want to follow 'a Jesus' but THE Jesus because there is only one.  All that stuff you've mentioned about that book goes against the Bible.  The Bible is the only authority and anything that is against the Bible is wrong.  Everything about that book sounds like a twisting of God's Word and plain wrong theology/doctrine.  I'll just run through what your saying and counter it.

There is only ONE Christ because only one was needed and we don't become Christs ourselves.  To claim to be equal with Christ is the same as claiming to be equal with God.  Seems an archangel named Lucifer had the same idea before.  We try and be conformed to Christ's image but that's a far cry from being his equal.

Even Christ isn't a pure spirit being...  He has a glorified body that still has the scars.  Flesh and bone as his blood was shed at the cross.  We will be like him in the fact we'll have glorified bodies as well but it doesn't mean we're turning into gods.  The dead in Christ shall rise... 

Love is an act and not just a feeling.  Love can be learned and taught...  The Bible has taught me much about love and how to apply it.

Anyways...  Welcome!  I've got like a bazillion Bible verses to back up what I've said if you need them.

EndSeeker

EndSeeker

• PipPip
  • 140 posts

:beehive:

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Welcome to Worthy!!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network