1. Christian Discussions

1. Study Group

Join our online studies! Only those part of the ministry can start topics in this forum, although anyone may reply to any topic started!

Online forum for users to post their Bible studies.

1. General

All videos are will be reviewed before being published on WCF.

1. 46.6k

Live-blogging events, posting interesting Op-Eds and tidbits, that are relevant — but not necessarily something we can publish on Worthy News.

1. Worthy Devotions

...read our Bible based daily devotions from Israel.

• Dear All, I've started this thread out of genuine interest in the response. The question is, what is absolutely mandatory to believe in to be called a "Christian"? Or, are there beliefs that, if you profess that you hold them or do not hold them, we can be certain that you are not in the Body of Christ (the Church)? There are some obvious answers to this for me: 1. That God exists. (yes, I know, this is really basic, but I've met atheists and agnostics who claim to be Christians) 2. That God is made up of 3 persons (Father, Son, and Holy Spirit). 3. That man fell into sin and was seperated from God as a result, that God made a series of covenants with man to save him from sin, and the final covenant is the blood of Jesus Christ, God's son, the perfect and spotless Pesach lamb who died on a cross at Calvary for all of us. 4. That the only known path out of sin, and towards reconcilliation with God, is through uniting ourselves with the sacrifice of Jesus. 5. We do this through professing inwardly and outwardly that Jesus is our Lord and Saviour, and committing to listen to him and follow him, however imperfectly, in all we do. After that it gets hard. There are many other statements in the Nicene and Apostle's creed that add to this theologically. But would I say that, if you disagreed with one of those, you cannot be a Christian?  There are epistemological statements you could add: do you believe the Bible? How much of it do you believe? What other sources of truth are there about God, in your opinion? There are statements on sacraments and salvation: have you been, or do you intend to be, baptised in water? Do you believe that baptism is necessary to belong to the Church? etc. There are many moral statements also that one might add to this also - could you be a Christian if you think murder is okay, for example?  I would love your opinions on this, and to understand how other people see this question. Best I
    • As Vine mentioned, May 14, 1948, was a miraculous, unprecedented day never seen in history, as was the 1967 Six Days War prophetic. As Paul Harvey says, and now, the rest of the story. I would encourage reading the attached short article for additional prophetic insight: MIRACLE OF 1967: 50th Anniversary Of Israel's Victory In Six Day War And Reunification Of JERUSALEM – BIBLICALSIGNS.COM I believe God's end-time hourglass was turned over on May 14, 1948. The generation born then until now will see all these things come to pass (Matthew 24:32-35). Verily I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled. (Matthew 24:34) [emphasis added] A logical question to ask is, how long is a Biblical generation? It drastically changed over millennia. I do not know, but the latest human average longevity is in Palm 90:10, seventy to eighty years. The days of our years are threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength they be fourscore years, yet is their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away. (Psalm 90:10) Everything Biblically appliable for the terminal generation has manifested in a short historical time. Reading 2 Timothy chapter three in today's context is mind-boggling compared to the first thirty years of my life, not to mention tens of millions of aborted babies, convenient child sacrifice, and to what alter. In 1978, I was offered a job in Iran, making four times the money doing the same thing here in the US. Iran was friends with Israel and helped Israel out in their 1973 War. Turkey was friends with Israel, and Israelis took vacations in Turkey. Everything has changed geopolitically, as the Bible foretells. We see the alignments, treaties, mutual defense pacts, and trade between the three significant belligerents of the Eze. 38 invasion of Israel. The reason for Damascus, Syria's destruction overnight, Elam's destruction, everything. Israel's October 7, 2023 declared war has significant prophetic implications and firsts. To name two, Israel has vowed to destroy terrorism, beginning with HAMAS (h. Violence). For the first time, Iran struck Israel from Iran's soil, a biggie. They now have no choice but to cut the head off the snake. Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Behold, I will break the bow of Elam, the chief of their might. (Jeremiah 49:35) [Launchers, delivery systems, missiles, rockets, and drones] No one can predict the timing or sequence of unfulfilled near-future events, but we do see the stage set and the reasons behind them from a human perspective. We also see this developing daily on the news: Behold, I will make Jerusalem a cup of trembling unto all the people round about, when they shall be in the siege both against Judah and against Jerusalem. (Zechariah 12:2) An excellent opportunity of presenting historical facts, the present situation, the future, and presenting the Good News and our blessed hope.  
    • I particularly love the "Queers for Palestine" people. I always think: "fancy a visit? You'll only need to buy a one-way ticket!"
    • As a true Jew according to Paul is one who is inwardly so in their heart, and not due to heredity (Romans 2:28-29);--the formation of the land of Israel in 1948 that many individuals claim to be the gathering of the Lords people would then be inaccurate. The gathering of the Lords people from the four winds would then consist of people throughout the world who are inwardly spiritually circumcised in heart who believe in love for their fellow man. Among these individuals will also be full blooded Jews who are inwardly spiritually circumcised in heart, who believe in love for their fellow man, who will be gathered from the four winds of the earth. This gathering of the faithful throughout the world happens following the great tribulation, when most who believe thusly, will have been killed during the beasts reign. Romans 2:28 For he is not a Jew, which is one outwardly; neither is that circumcision, which is outward in the flesh: 29 But he is a Jew, which is one inwardly; and circumcision is that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter; whose praise is not of men, but of God.
    • Hello Retrobyter, I enjoy reading your post. How does Romans 6:2-7 support water baptism is a picture of our baptism into Christ? Clearly Paul is speaking of Spirit baptism which has nothing to do with water immersion but is an operation of God by the Spirit not a operation of man. Col_2:12  Buried with him in baptism, wherein also ye are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead. 1Co_12:13  For by one Spirit are we all baptized into one body, whether we be Jews or Gentiles, whether we be bond or free; and have been all made to drink into one Spirit.
  • Who's Online

105 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. Absolem
      Absolem
      34 years old
    2. Adam
      Adam
      82 years old
    3. CaringandSharing
      CaringandSharing
      55 years old