christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Praise God The Power Is On!

* * * * * 1 votes ( Ice Storm Of 2013)

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
7 replies to this topic

LadyKay

LadyKay

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 543 posts

I just spent the last 3 days without electric due to the ice storm that came through on Saturday night. We had no electric, and no running water because we have a well pump that runs on electric. No way to flush the toilets that was very bad. Cooking on a camping stove hoping my food does not go bad. I actually went outside and put snow in a pan to melt it to try to get water to flush that toilets. Since we did not want to use up our drinking water we bought at the store for that. The temp inside the house at one point got down to 48 degrees. At night the house was black. I read my Bible by candle light. It was hard on me going through this. I don't even like camping LOL!  On Sunday morning  it even knocked out the cell phones. They came back on later in the afternoon. Trees were down all over the place! News reports were saying that they may not have power back till next week, which did not make me feel any better. But praise The Lord it came on about an hour ago! I was so happy I burst into tears when I saw that fist flicker of light come on! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

Praise Him! :shower: !!!!............. :) :grin:

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,540 posts

It's bee a while since we didn't have power.  We usually have a generator, but some low life stole it a week or so ago.

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

The temp inside the house at one point got down to 48 degrees.

I decided to go to work today, and the heater is acting up in our building.

It is absolutley freezing in here, but you did it for 3 days.

The Lord certainly is looking after you, Merry Christmas!

Days like this I'm reminded of what our soldiers in WWII did in Bastogne..

Shell bombings, frost bite, foot amputations, digging fox holes while getting bombed. :(  

pic_boisenneige.jpg

:bighug:

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Much love to you,

I'm Praising Him with you!!!

worshiper70

worshiper70

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 807 posts
Praise God you're back with these things. God bless.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,536 posts

Hallelujah~!

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

at times life is hard, but life is good. praising god with you.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network