christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

A french fry trick that works

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Hey all, hope you guys had a wonderful Christmas!

Yesterday I tried a couple new recipes, but one recipe (along with those) for the second time. You can search it on you tube because I cant post the video here, but its very right on for a perfect copy cat of Mcdonalds French fries. And because McDonalds fries were always my most favorite fries. But I have this vow not to eat at McDonalds ever again and in a couple more months it will be 9 years that I haven't, but I still crave their fries (so I searched how to make the closest thing to them for myself) to keep myself true to that vow.

The video is found under, "Nicko's kitchen mcdonalds french fries"

So, if anyone loves McDonalds french fries (like I do) and wants to try this guys simple tricks, I wanted you to know I tried these fries and they taste exactly the same (whether in size, taste and in consistency). They have a lot of thumbs up over there too, so other folks seem to love them as well.

Although he doesn't stress frying them up in peanut oil, the first time I fried them up I did it in vegetable oil (and they were still very good) but not as good as my second time around frying them, which was far better because I used peanut oil.

I just love these fries (and so does my husband). If your looking for a close recipe to McDonalds, this is truly the one. And I wont make these more then a couple of times a year except if I was frying something else just previously and I could use that same oil to fry them up right after.

Just dropping a note off, I love decent copy cat recipes myself, especially one I favor and I know lots of folks love McDonalds fries.

God bless you! (And keep your arteries clear)

...ok, I couldn't resist, lol

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Bring back the real potato! Just saying  :help:

But then i'm a Brit. 

Enjoy your fast food, I'll stick with the real ones.  :taped:

"The worst part are the ingredients. Instead of the standard two ingredients necessary to make french fries-potatoes and oil, there are approximately 17 as reported on the ingredients facts list on the McDonald’s website.

They include:

Potatoes, canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, safflower oil, natural flavour (vegetable source), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain colour), citric acid (preservative), dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming agent) and cooked in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with THBQ, citric acid and dimethylpolysiloxane) and salt (silicoaluminate, dextrose, potassium iodide)."

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Bring back the real potato! Just saying  :help:
But then i'm a Brit. 
Enjoy your fast food, I'll stick with the real ones.  :taped:

"The worst part are the ingredients. Instead of the standard two ingredients necessary to make french fries-potatoes and oil, there are approximately 17 as reported on the ingredients facts list on the McDonald’s website.
They include:
Potatoes, canola oil, hydrogenated soybean oil, safflower oil, natural flavour (vegetable source), dextrose, sodium acid pyrophosphate (maintain colour), citric acid (preservative), dimethylpolysiloxane (antifoaming agent) and cooked in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with THBQ, citric acid and dimethylpolysiloxane) and salt (silicoaluminate, dextrose, potassium iodide)."

Dude! Its made with real potatoes, didn't you watch the video? I believe he uses three russet potatoes, cutting them on a mandolin.

The peanut oil rocks far more then the canola though, gotta say, this guys recipe rocks.

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

Dude! Its made with real potatoes, didn't you watch the video? I believe he uses three russet potatoes, cutting them on a mandolin.

The peanut oil rocks far more then the canola though, gotta say, this guys recipe rocks.

Dude, the lady called me a dude :noidea:   :o and double  :o

One is British , one is not a dude. :taped:

One does not use such vocabulary and one prefers real potatoes and not something that resembles an unspeakable massacre of the potato. 

McDonald and any surrogate use of their products should be avoided.

We have gone to war for less. As for your use of, "rocks",; well, I might even start throwing them across the pond at this point. 

Consider yourself  :fryingpan:  :fryingpan:  :fryingpan:  :fryingpan:  

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

It's a french fry.   :rolleyes:

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,079 posts

It does not enter into the realms of cuisine  :whistling:

Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord would have had a blue fit!   :help:

I also cannot find the said offender, (the French fry)  in a copy of the, " Almanach des Gourmands by gastromonist Grimod de La Reyniere.  

:sherlock:

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

It does not enter in the realms of cuisine  :whistling:

Charles Maurice de Talleyrand-Perigord would have had a blue fit!   :help:

I also cannot find the said offender, (the French fry)  in a copy of the, " Almanach des Gourmands by gastromonist Grimod de La Reyniere.  

:sherlock:

No, but you'll find them at Mickey Ds.   ;)

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts
Hey, this falls into the category of MY "special interest" (and tips and tricks)together.

And "it rocks" (according to me) and according to the nearly 20,000 other folks who thumbed this guys recipe up.

Its not for food snobs lol

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Blessings Dear Sister!

Yes,Christmas was very enjoyable & many thanks to you :wink_smile: ...I  did not know you were wild about those Mickey D fries,my grand baby loves them so I must try it................as for me,I am a mashed potatoe person(only fries I will eat are Checkers or Miami Subs-seasoned)

ncn,as always you have delighted me with your great sense of humor....."gastromonist"-I can't imagine a food historian critiquing the "french fry"

Love you all,Kwik

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Blessings Dear Sister!
     Yes,Christmas was very enjoyable & many thanks to you :wink_smile: ...I  did not know you were wild about those Mickey D fries,my grand baby loves them so I must try it................as for me,I am a mashed potatoe person(only fries I will eat are Checkers or Miami Subs-seasoned)
      ncn,as always you have delighted me with your great sense of humor....."gastromonist"-I can't imagine a food historian critiquing the "french fry"
                                                                                                                                    Love you all,Kwik

Hey my sista! God richly bless ya even more! I never tried those, but I wonder if I can find a copy cat of those and give them a whirl? My husband wants me to find a decent copy cat of these crab fries he loves when he visits up north. He says they serve them in the stadium there,

And you know Kwik, Im really not fast food crazy, I never was, however certain ones have a particular food item that grabs your taste buds (no matter how grossly fattening it is). So this one would be the greater temptation to me in the "greasy stuff" dept.

Whereas Burger Kings fries are "bleck" (just not my taste for a decent greasy fry). It don't make it worth it to have a worth while greasy treat day with Burger King fries because they don't settle that craving.

But McDonalds fries will do it for me everytime. Though I like their fish fillet too, but I don't like Burger Kings.

I think they all make you feel all bloated and gross after the fact, even New York cheese cake (which I made last month) made me feel yucky after indulging (but taste great going down)

Unlike Taco bell, which tastes (and looks like) dog food.

But that's ok, cause some folks like what I think tastes like dog food (whatever floats your boat). Some people love pigs feet (to each their own).

Now, today, I made cabbage rolls (healthier ones) but alongside of it (with the leftover cabbage) which I was just going to chuck, I made fried cabbage (with some leftover bacon grease, leftover cooked ham, onions, and egg noodles). It will hit the spot at some time in the next day or two. And later today I will soon be making a few ricotta calzones for the freezer. Because the ricotta will expire in a couple of weeks, and I had some homemade pizza dough I pulled out of the freezer and we can get a couple of meals out of what I would have thrown out.

I do try to utilize what will soon expire (and is destined for the trash) if I do not figure out something to make with it. And since I can grow bored it also gives me something to do.

I think the greasy stuff is lubricating these old bones (because I have been feeling better as I cook) these last couple of days. But a good friend of mine is on this sort of prayer fast (as I might call it) for my back and sure seems to be working out well for me, so praise God for his prayers for me

Even your prayers too sis, thanks so much for all of you prayers too.

God bless you girl! ((hugs and kisses))

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Dearest Flame!

Sis,you are too funny...I think I will try some of that greasy stuff if you say it lubes the ole bones-lol       Boy,you triggered my taste buds when you mentioned "New York Cheesecake" ,,,,,wish I had a fridge,I would go get some but in my present situation I would have to eat the whole thing(hee hee)!

Darling,I will never stop praying for you ,I love you.......................

God Bless You-Kwik Stuff

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

McDONALDS FRENCH FRIES - VIDEO RECIPE

Link removed

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Link removed

Whats up wit dis man?

(lol)

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Link removed

Whats up wit dis man?

(lol)

It was a link to the General video forum of this site. Apparently that's a no no.   :bored-1:

Anyway, that video you mentioned is in the General Video Forum.

AFlameOfFire

AFlameOfFire

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 674 posts

Link removed

Whats up wit dis man?

(lol)

It was a link to the General video forum of this site. Apparently that's a no no.   :bored-1:

Anyway, that video you mentioned is in the General Video Forum.

lol Who'd of thunk'd it? I love the smilie with the fingers! You crack me up.

Hey thanks man! God bless you

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network