christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What is the most blasphemous moment you have witnessed in your Christi

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
28 replies to this topic

layhoma

layhoma
  • Members
  • 56 posts

You may have read or watched Hollywood flicks that use the lord's name in vain or other depiction of occult settings that mock God. Well many are quite hard to swallow but I could sweep them under the carpet and say that it's just another day in this secular world.

I still have this vivid memory 10 years ago when I went touring in Japan and found a metal cross necklace that blew my mind away. I decided I want to share. I remembered it wasn't a Christian store but more like occult mainstream where you find skulls, daggers, pentagrams and many other pagan and meaningless stuff. 

Back to the moment when I picked up the cross necklace and on the side it was written "all for nothing". I just felt that it wasn't just another hip hop object of decoration but it was meticulously ingrained with these words. Though I would guess almost 10 out of 10 people who buys it wouldn't know the significance of the meaning but little do they know it's the ultimate rejection of Christ. It still hurts today when I have flashback of these words and I figure that even in defeat the enemy would stop at nothing to distort the truth in unspeakable ways. 

Edited by layhoma, 28 December 2013 - 09:12 AM.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

What is the most blasphemous moment you have witnessed...

Off the top, I would have to say the pope telling the world that belief in Christ isn't necessary to enter heaven. 

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

At work.Some of the blasphemous things I hear are so very sad. :(

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,735 posts

I've heard many, and frankly many of them are unrepeatable on this forum, however the Muslims seem to have quite a few.

If it just annoys you a bit or appears to be a misunderstanding then it's not particularly blasphemous, but if it really hurts you or offends you then you can be sure that it probably offends God too!

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

I got this dvd once that said we were in the seven year great tribulation right now and that the rapture would occur at any moment.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

I got this dvd once that said we were in the seven year great tribulation right now and that the rapture would occur at any moment.

This is disneyland compared to what the tribulation will be like.

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,941 posts

Lol. some might have to turn into ninjas in the great trib. :ph34r:

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,956 posts

The most blasphemous thing I have encountered so far is not something I can post about. Even the other blasphemous things I cant post about. Some have taken my breath away, they were so foul. Others make me wish for brain bleach so I could forget them. I dont want to relive those moments.

LookingForAnswers

LookingForAnswers

• Seeker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

A teenage mother and her family being driven from a church for wanting to hold a baby shower for the girl.  Yes, the teen girl made a mistake but she didn't make it worse by killing her baby.  The family wanted to give her a baby shower at the church like we had done for countless others mothers to be.   They were told that was not allowed because it would be seen as approving of pre-marital sex.   When the family tried to change the leaders mind they were shunned and ended up leaving the church.   There was no love of Jesus in this group, only the love of appearances. 

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,414 posts

A teenage mother and her family being driven from a church for wanting to hold a baby shower for the girl.  Yes, the teen girl made a mistake but she didn't make it worse by killing her baby.  The family wanted to give her a baby shower at the church like we had done for countless others mothers to be.   They were told that was not allowed because it would be seen as approving of pre-marital sex.   When the family tried to change the leaders mind they were shunned and ended up leaving the church.   There was no love of Jesus in this group, only the love of appearances. 

I have no blasphemous occurrances that I can recall of my own but what you wrote about is appalling.  Jesus would be offended by those 'Christians' parading about spewing that garbage in His name. 

Willamina

Willamina

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,414 posts
Some of those people God has later saved. My daughter in law's mother and my husband are just two who used to ridicule Christians and be hateful toward God. So Father, forgive them, they know not what they do. And please save those who can be reached and pluck them out of the fire. You are so good at using even the evil of the world to turn to good. I am so amazed at how you can take the foul , vile and base things of this world and make something beautiful in their midst. You are truly a glorious and wonderful God! Amen.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,032 posts

Lol. some might have to turn into ninjas in the great trib. :ph34r:

They say that a few will actually survive it but I don't know how.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Blessings layhoma,

I don't think there would be any good purpose in sharing anything blasphemous and so I won't ,that really was an awful inscription and I could see how that would leave a lasting impression...it made me sad for the unbeliever that put it there,I pray they found the Truth,the Hope,in Christ............I have seen many abominable trinkets & talismans,they have been around for thousands of years and would best be destroyed ,if possible.....

Let us give praise,honor & glory to God & speak of Heavenly things,things above & not below...in Jesus Name!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,611 posts

Was it a church you attended?

LookingForAnswers

LookingForAnswers

• Seeker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Attended is the right word.  I no longer do so.  But this church is not the outlier, they are the norm in my experiences.

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,611 posts

Attended is the right word.  I no longer do so.  But this church is not the outlier, they are the norm in my experiences.
What do you mean by shunned? Shunned by who?

LookingForAnswers

LookingForAnswers

• Seeker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

What do you mean by shunned? Shunned by who?

By a large segment of the congregation.  The family would sit alone at pot lucks, I watched a family get up an move to a different pew when this family sat down. The daughter was removed from any and all dealings with the children's ministry, something she had worked with for years.  It was at the time her lifeline to God, it was the reason she was still coming to church.   In a moment of divine judgement the leaders took that away from her for the express reason of "we don't want to look like we are condoning your actions".   I was taken aside and spoken to by the Elders for offering my support to this family, was told it was sending the wrong message.   These people think they are acting out of holiness (like so many others claim) but in reality they are the Pharisees of our time.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,422 posts

Blessings Looking...

That is horrible and down right nasty........I am very happy to hear that you offered these people your support,do you still see them?I do hope so,we can see why God placed you at that church at that time,.they got the "right " message from you=praise be to God!!!!

I hear so many stories of people not being welcomed in the Lords house and it just goes to show how the enemy works from within & thats even more of a reason for more of Gods children to attend church & make a difference........love is the best weapon against hate!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

gdemoss

gdemoss

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,957 posts

What is the most blasphemous moment you have witnessed?

My personal conversion from being Saul to becoming like Paul.  The day a great light shown down upon me from above and I heard a voice saying unto me "Gary, why are you persecuting me?".

1Ti 1:12 And I thank Christ Jesus our Lord, who hath enabled me, for that he counted me faithful, putting me into the ministry;
1Ti 1:13 Who was before a blasphemer, and a persecutor, and injurious: but I obtained mercy, because I did it ignorantly in unbelief.

I dare not seek to expose the sin of others now except unto themselves that they might have the opportunity to repent and turn back toward God.  I was the hand of the destroyer in the name of God.  There is no greater blasphemy than this.  Jesus came not to destroy life but to give life yet I was quick to drag Christians out of their homes and bind heavy burdens too grievous for them to carry upon their necks and yoke them with a heavy yoke of law instead of a light yoke of love.

Praise God for his ability to forgive a sinner such as I.  As for Hollywood and that which proceeds out from there, I reserve judgment for fear that I might only be seeing the evil that is in me and being offended by the evil that is with me when I would to do good.  As an illustration I would like to site the prophets.  Isaiah was sent to walk naked among the people as a sign of what would happen to Egypt and Ethiopia.  Had he walked our streets today, he would be locked up for indecent exposure but not in Hollywood.  

Please don't mistake me for calling all that which you see in Hollywood prophets or prophecy as that is not what I am saying.  I am saying that Gods ways are above ours and I take caution as to what I call evil or blasphemous except it be that I know for certain lest I be caught in blasphemy thinking I know something when I know nothing.

Forgive me Lord, a sinner.

LookingForAnswers

LookingForAnswers

• Seeker
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,152 posts

Blessings Looking...

That is horrible and down right nasty........I am very happy to hear that you offered these people your support,do you still see them?I do hope so,we can see why God placed you at that church at that time,.they got the "right " message from you=praise be to God!!!!

I hear so many stories of people not being welcomed in the Lords house and it just goes to show how the enemy works from within & thats even more of a reason for more of Gods children to attend church & make a difference........love is the best weapon against hate!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Thank you Kwik, I agree with you.  Sadly my experiences have shown me that this church is the norm and not the exception.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network