christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

What moments in your life have changed you?

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
17 replies to this topic

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

What moments in your life have changed you?

Consider moments -- big and small -- that have changed you. And take a minute to wonder: What might 2014 have in store?

Edited by GoldenEagle, 30 December 2013 - 11:09 AM.
<<< Removed link to website... >>>

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,882 posts

I have removed the OP link... However, this should be a good discussion: "What moments in your life have changed you?"

God bless,

GE

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Blessings Bopeep,

As I read your OP  I thought,"Oh this is a great topic"so sure that I would be able to type away some very specific moments............but to my surprise my minds eye just became flooded with memories & events,this is really a difficult question.I feel like I am being shown a video from "This is Your Life" and mine is being played-lol

Well,I was very young & I lost my cousin,it was my first experience with death & then losing my Grandpa shortly after was truly a life changing moment(I remember the very moment I was told ),the day I got married,the day my son was born,the day my father left my mother,the day I got high,the day I put my mother in the hospital,the day she died,the day my ex broke my nose.,the day I was delivered,the day Jesus spared me from death,the day my dad died,I can go on & on & on

I can see that everyday is filled with moments,some much more significant than others but each moment changes something in my life,which changes me...........I have changed for the better I have changed for the worst but I am forever changing....What stands out to me most of all is that through every moment that I have lived ,my Lord,my Precious Lord & Savior has always been there with me no matter how I change,no matter what I had become & He was just waiting for me to say,"Lord-I give up...it does not matter what each moment brings,I need You to change me"........

Praise & Glory to God....God Bless You All & Happy New Year!!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

I think about moments in my life as in silent moments that you don't think about until later.  Some moments more special than others. Moments that pulls me out of myself--like holding my grandbaby in middle of the night, the kindest of a co-worker bringing me in a cup of coffee, or catching a beautiful sunrise in the morning, just so many moments that happen in a day-to-day that quickly come and go, and they do leave me thinking in that brief moment then quickly fade away. Maybe somehow collecting these small moments in a notebook and later could see certain trends emerge from my collection of moments in what they were saying in a day or a week to me. I find it very inspirational. --- Hurray for life changing moments. All those experiences, good and bad, teach us a lesson. I remind myself that the only way is up. This is a very good topic for sure bopeep. blessings.

alphaparticle

alphaparticle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,236 posts

Recently.. My first real prayer was a big one for me. My marriage.

DRS81

DRS81

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

When I was 18 I was a victim of a robbery.

Two guys came in with shotguns at the deli I worked at.

And when I was 23, this kid committed suicide in my apartment and my brother found the body.

One year later I found God in my despair.

It was probably those two that had the most impact on me.

ayin jade

ayin jade

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,932 posts

When I got saved. 

When my sis in law was kidnapped and nearly murdered. 

When I got married. 

When the Lord decided it was time for me to begin His work.

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,470 posts

The day I met my wife

The night the Holy Spirit kept me from falling into the grips of Satan

The moment I knew the Federal Building had been blown up and realized I would have been across the street from the truck bomb had God not kept me from going there.  Ended up a couple of miles away.

Spock

Spock

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

Blessings Bopeep,
      As I read your OP  I thought,"Oh this is a great topic"so sure that I would be able to type away some very specific moments............but to my surprise my minds eye just became flooded with memories & events,this is really a difficult question.I feel like I am being shown a video from "This is Your Life" and mine is being played-lol
      Well,I was very young & I lost my cousin,it was my first experience with death & then losing my Grandpa shortly after was truly a life changing moment(I remember the very moment I was told ),the day I got married,the day my son was born,the day my father left my mother,the day I got high,the day I put my mother in the hospital,the day she died,the day my ex broke my nose.,the day I was delivered,the day Jesus spared me from death,the day my dad died,I can go on & on & on
      I can see that everyday is filled with moments,some much more significant than others but each moment changes something in my life,which changes me...........I have changed for the better I have changed for the worst but I am forever changing....What stands out to me most of all is that through every moment that I have lived ,my Lord,my Precious Lord & Savior has always been there with me no matter how I change,no matter what I had become & He was just waiting for me to say,"Lord-I give up...it does not matter what each moment brings,I need You to change me"........
         Praise & Glory to God....God Bless You All & Happy New Year!!
                                                                                                                                  With love,in Christ-Kwik

Wow, reading your days was mostly gut wrenching, especially the broken nose one. What a loser he was for that. Grrrrrr. This bothers me immensely, seeing guys smack around women. Grrrrrrrrr. I'm sorry you had to experience that sis.

Days that changed me?
1. Left home and never came back
2. Witnessing the birth of my daughter
3. Deciding to change careers ( lawyer to elementary teacher)
4. Best for last- the day I experienced God's love through Christ.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,981 posts

The moment I asked Jesus Christ into my life.Although it has been a long hard road I do know without a doubt I am not the same person I was 10 years ago.And I know God is continuing to change me from the inside out.

I do not know what 2014 has in store but God does and he was guide me and direct me every step of the way.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,401 posts

Blessings Spock...

You are kind & compassionate but no need to feel bad.....rejoice with me instead & give Praise & Glory to our Father.....it has been a privilege to go through all the things I have so that I may be a living testimony for Christ!!!!!!

I would not be who I am today if God did not allow these things to happen,I would never known how desperately I needed a Savior,I would not be here right at this MOMENT.............It has all been a blessing!

With love,in Christ-kwik

stirstik

stirstik
  • Members *
  • 97 posts

1. When I was homeless

2. When my ex passed away

3. When I went back to school and graduated

4. This year

Sedoy

Sedoy
  • Members
  • 43 posts
When God took me outside of time, let me see His Unapproachable Light and answered all the questions I ever had. Then I had to go back. It was a painful time. Living here, functioning somehow yet knowing what I knew.

I could not understand why I had to come back. That was the only question I had. Then God gave me an experience that answered even that question. I saw my character, my record in the Book of Life and last flaw of that character that I had to fix. I did, now I feel like my time is just about up.

See, this whole life and everything in it is a training ground in which we are to choose God, choose to love God and learn everything we can about God. God cannot just give you knowledge about Him because that would negate your right to be ignorant.

Life is also a training ground for you character. We are not going to just sit on the cloud and play on harp for all eternity. We re going to have jobs in Millennial Kingdom where righteous will rule the wicked. We are to arrive there with our characters perfectly fitting our job responsibilities.

Mike

Mike

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 385 posts

1: When I accept Jesus as Lord and Savior

2: When my Journey with God officially began last year

3: and when God set me free of my Chains at Church Camp this year and I became free of them!!!! :)

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,715 posts

That is a tough question, because there are so many things.  I will try to hit the highlights.

1.  My choice to leave school and take a full time job at a radio station.  This led to my hearing a gospel message that led me to Jesus.

2.  The preaching of Jimmy Swaggart when I was a young Christian.

3.  My decision to leave the United Methodist Church because of their association with the World Council of Churches and winding up in a Pentecostal Holiness Church.

4.  Meeting the woman I married at the Pentecostal Holiness Church and getting married when I was 20 years old.

5.  A church split that led me to the Assemblies of God

6.  A job I had working at a Teen Challenge

7.  My Pastor's divorce and transformation that led me to leave and wind up at the Church of God

8.  Bad experiences at the Church of God that led me to start an Independent Church

9.  Deciding to leave the Independent Church.

10.  I was strongly influenced by a message by Myles Munroe on being an ambassador for Christ.  That has stayed with me ever since and influenced everything I have done.

11.  A prophetic word that I would not follow the crowd but would go my own way.

12.  My decision to return to the Pentecostal Holiness Church that led to me becoming the Pastor.

13.  My decision to change jobs and become a truck driver.

14.  My decision to buy a house.

15.  Driving team with my wife for a period of 4 plus years.

16.  Joining Worthy Boards

17.  My political leanings were shaped by the disaster known as the Carter administration that caused me to become a conservative Republican. 

There are many other things that influenced me over the years, but those are the highlights I can think of right now. 

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,882 posts

Like Butero I will try to hit the highlights.

1. When I was saved at 7 and then being baptized by my dad at 9 years old.
2. Growing up in S. America.

3. Coming to the U.S. for the purpose of pursing undergraduate and graduate degrees.

4. Working with a non-profit organization in a really low-income neighborhood where I met my soon to be wife.

5. Hurting my ankle, being in a wheelchair, and not being able to walk for some time.

6. Getting married to my beautiful wife - helped me glimpse God's love for the Church.
7. Finding out we were pregnant with our first child - a boy.

8. Holding that baby boy in my arms for the first time - helped me glimpse God's love as a father.

9. Finding out we were pregnant with our second child - a girl.

10. Changing jobs from retail to contracting.
11. Finding WCF

12. Buying our first home.

13. Re-discovering God's grace and turning away from legalism this past year.

Marnie

Marnie

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,405 posts

1.  Almost dying.

2.  Listening to a hospital chaplain as prayed for me, leading me to Christ.

3.  Meeting the doctor who saw the possibilities and gave me back my life, but learning I would never speak again.

4.  Meeting the man who would become my husband.

5.  Adopting our son.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,410 posts

Without a doubt the day that changed me forever was Sept. 11, 2001   I was always a believer but that day opened my eyes. 

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network