christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Willing to give up Everything.

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

William1993

William1993
  • 2 posts

We as brothers and sisters in Christ should know that we are trapped and in war with our flesh and its desires. But Jesus our Lord gave us a way out and to win the battle against our flesh. Man has a desire to gain what he wants. Ex. Money, Good job, family, Etc..

But are you willing to give up EVERYTHING for Christ? And i mean EVERYTHING, even your own life. For the one who seeks his life will lose it, but whoever loses his life for Jesus will gain it. But man is so caught up in our own desires that we tend to forget about God.. And so we made that our way of life. For what will you gain if you only desire the things of this world?.. Nothing. What profits a man who gains the world but forfeits his soul to to gain some wealth? Nothing.. 

I pray that we all don't turn that direction. That we won't seek our own desires but seek after God.. For like the parable of the man who found heaven and went and buried it, then went and sold ALL that he had and bought the land that he buried it in. And like the poor widow that gave all her money to God..and like the disciples of Jesus, they left everything behind just to follow him..  We as followers of Christ should be willing to give it all away,give up everything for God and make that our way of life. No more self-reliance nor self-indulgence..  But again, we all need to be willing to give it all away for God and rely on him. Love you all.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,413 posts

Blessings William,

Welcome to Worthy,....You posted a very good message but I do believe it would serve a better purpose in the appropriate Forum.....perhaps the mods can help with that so that your post can be viewed where there is a higher volume of readers(maybe even Seekers)...I do not know,they are the experts!

I see you have a passion for Christ,I think you will enjoy our Praise & Prayer sections also and be sure to check out the chat room where you can talk "live',you will find a terrific bunch of folks there that will welcome you with open arms!!!

Perhaps you can tell us a little bit about yourself,what you like to do,hobbies,interests?Glad you have come to join our Worthy Family,you will find much love here from the children of God!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Jerry1023

Jerry1023

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 312 posts
God bless you for this wonderful thread,very encouraging and motivating,keep the flag flying to the glory of God.

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

Amen. Some good thoughts there and insight, as well as encouraging.

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Much love to you, William...

Have you experienced what you are talking about? Just curious...Welcome so much...

gracelovehope1

gracelovehope1

• PipPip
  • 122 posts

Welcome to Worthy 

It is worth giving up everything for God's glory and honor for He is God .

He is sovereign and His Love endures forever.

God Bless you

Be Blessed and Be a Blessing........

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

William...I'm sorry if I might have sounded harsh, didn't mean to at all...Just wondering if you have lived it yet...

Just wanted to say that what you are speaking about has been The Truth in my life...and I really love how you said it all...and so many of us have missed that particular aspect...and even when I'm speaking of my own experiences in this journey, I forget to say first that I gave it all up for Him...It is only then that so much of The Bible comes true in our lives...and compared to living for or in "the world" or for fleshly desires...We actually get to choose Life or Death...With Him (The Lord of my life) I Choose Life...

Also a life totally given to Him is indeed found...Whew...God is so good...

Glad you are here so much...

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,463 posts

Welcome~!

~

Amen~! And Above All.... Stand

Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

Happy New Year!

PrairWarur

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,496 posts

I believe that we have not yet discerned our true desire: the Lord Jesus Christ himself!  Bless you, welcome! :)

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,970 posts

Welcome :)

tgreen_63

tgreen_63
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Very encouraging.  Thank you

EndSeeker

EndSeeker

• PipPip
  • 135 posts

welcome

Romans 12

I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.

Alfred Persson

Alfred Persson
  • Members
  • 12 posts

We as brothers and sisters in Christ should know that we are trapped and in war with our flesh and its desires. But Jesus our Lord gave us a way out and to win the battle against our flesh....

:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
 2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.
 3 For what the law could not do in that it was weak through the flesh, God did by sending His own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, on account of sin: He condemned sin in the flesh,
 4 that the righteous requirement of the law might be fulfilled in us who do not walk according to the flesh but according to the Spirit.
 5 For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit, the things of the Spirit.
 6 For to be carnally minded is death, but to be spiritually minded is life and peace. (Rom 8:1-6 NKJ)

The key to defeating fleshly lusts, is to be spiritually minded.

An analogy. Suppose I desire a hotdog, but then focus my attention on a hamburger. Eventually the desire for the hotdog will pass, especially as I feast on the hamburger.

So when a physical lust arises, I think about life with God, how much I would enjoy that more than any wicked pleasure...and eventually the power of the lust vanishes.

That's also how I stopped smoking ciggerettes. I kept thinking how much I liked breathing without an oxygen bottle, more than a butt.

If I try to use will power, to suppress the evil desire, it only grows stronger till I sin. I've learned I have no will power, I can only appeal to the Spirit, and focus on the things of the Spirit.

You might not have needed this advice, but perhaps someonoe else reading will find it useful.

peace

William1993

William1993
  • 2 posts

Thank you all. I had trouble trying to find my own post for some odd reason.  

The experience we had and will have, was and is given to us by God. It is the same Holy spirit that we all have speaking through and to us. God has and will lead us, because where we are now is exactly where he wants us to be. Nothing can stop him from loving us. We may fail him, but Jesus never fails. Why do i say that? because i constantly fail but even though i do, it doesn't stop him from loving us. And i'm sure we all fail him as well. No one is perfect.

Alfred, i agree with all that you have said. I was only pointing out the condition of man, the lack of conviction that some Christian's struggle with. A lot of them are lead astray because of the world and its desires. 

I hope no one took offense on this post. It was out of love that i posted this. 

JtotheP

JtotheP
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Welcome from a fellow Newbie.  Thanks for the inspirational message, Worthy, indeed.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network