christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Question about prayer support

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

monicajean

monicajean
  • 3 posts

Hello.  My 21 year old daughter will be going into our church office in the next week or so to be prayed over by a few prayer warriors in our church as well as our pastor.  She's in desperate need of pain relief from post surgery complications on both of her feet.  My question is two-fold.  I'll try to be brief.  She did this surgery when she was not in pain of any kind to be able to get into the Air Force. An honorable desire.  She asked me and her dad what we thought and we said that she should do it.  Now she is over a year post surgery and still in almost constant pain.  She's so young and has to work on her feet 8 hours a day 40 days a week.  She's also going to college full time.  The doctors say nothing was done wrong in the surgery and that they've done all they can - that sometimes this 'residual pain' is a consequence.  She was such a sweet, obedient, God adoring girl that was always good (honestly).  Now she's angry and upset and depressed.  She believes that God has abandoned her and that she was doing this for good reasons and now look what she has to show for it - constant pain.  I'm heartbroken for her and pray for her constantly.  She is agreeable to going in for the healing prayer with our church but has this attitude of 'if God was going to do anything about this pain He would have already'.  She's understandably angry at God regarding all of this.  My first question has to do with this prayer event and if God can and does answer prayer when the recipient is so resentful and doubtful as she is.  The second part of my question has to do with her dad (my husband).  He is in an ugly place right now spiritually.  This has nothing to do with our daughter and everything to do with him.  Without going into too much detail he still goes to church but is not in a good place - even he knows that.  But he's also very arrogant and won't get help right now.  So basically I feel that I'm holding this family together spiritually - and I'm willing to hold that position as long as necessary.  The second question has to do with the fact that my husband wants to come to this prayer meeting.  I haven't said anything but I believe his presence might hinder the healing because of his attitude.  I also believe that he could effect him  positively (if she's relieved of this pain) or negatively (if she's not).  And I just am not able to sense the right thing to do here.  He would honor our daughter's request if she were to ask him not to come - but of course would be hurt.  I'm just hurting for both of them right now and need some clarity.  Thank you.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Blessings monicajean

Let me first welcome you to Worthy,it is no accident that you are here ....Praise & Glory to God for leading you here to this little flock of His,we are here for you,dear Sister in Christ & will do our very best to encourage you to trust God & remind you to stand strong in His Word,from the position of Victory that Jesus gave to us.........

Please,don"t  think of your daughter as "understandibly" angry with God...you can encourage her not to think this way because God is not the one Who is giving her pain and He is the One(the only One)that can do ALL things  exceedingly,abundantly & BEYOND ANYTHING we can ask or even think.....the answer to your question as to whether or not God can or does answer prayer for the "doubter",the answer is "yes"absolutely....there is nothing that God cannot do,whether or not He will do it is quite another story(He will show Mercy on who He chooses to show Mercy on)there are times God will use a situation like this so that He will get the Glory,He sometimes allows desparation & a "no way out circumstance"just so there is no mistaking that it was no one else but Him that could get the credit!

God did not leave her with this residual pain,nor did He cause it but He has allowed it for a reason & we must trust Him,His ways are not our ways & right now not you or I or your daughter know why God has allowed this but you can be sure that He does work all things for our good....perhaps one day this will be part of your daughters testimony & a blessing to others...we will see?Going to the elders for prayer & the laying on of hands is a very good thing,we are instructed by God to do this.....if it is Gods Will,it shall be done,Be reminded it is God that heals by the power of His Holy Spirit.....

As far as your husband going to join the elders in praying for your daughter I will simply say this,if your husband has something in his heart  he is not wiling to forsake bitterness ,resentment,anger etc,,,,,then it is true(according to Scripture)that HIS prayer can be hindered ....by that I honestly believe that it simply means God will not hear his prayer....this will not affect the prayers the others are saying for your daughter....its not some magical ritual being performed,everyone is in agreement,asking & believing in Jesus Name (one can set a thousand to flight & two,ten thousand)Halleluliah! If God wants to do something there is no one in the world that can stop Him,don't put any limitations on our Father because there are none!!!!If your daughter does not want him there then she should just ask him,

If your husband loses faith if nothing changes then he is of little faith & he too,needs our prayers.....it does seem like you are spiritually holding everyone together,but God promises He will never give us more than we can handle ,dear Sister,so hold on & pray(I will pray with you)

Heavenly Father,it is in Jesus Name that monicajean & I come before you to ask for Your Hand Lord,for Your Divine Intervention for all the matters we bring before You..........We Praise You & Glorify You Father,we lay it all at Your feet,we thank You  for making us strong when we are so weak........You are the Father of Comfort ,we ask that You send the Comforter to every member of this Family,to build them up where they are torn down,to increase their faith & draw them all unto Yourself.Lord,Jehovah Rapha,we ask that You touch the daughters feet  & remove all pain,restoring her back to strong ,healthy feet    We bind any pain afflicting spirit,any spirit od discomfort ,depression,resentment,bitterness ,anger or anything that is unlike You & cast them out....loose Your Holy Spirit upon her,soften her heart ,renew her body ,mind & spirit that she will have a refreshed indwelling(the heart & mind of Christ)....we lift up the husband to You,Almighty Father,,,,,touch Him like He has never been touched before(open his blind eyes & his deaf ears)to receive Your Word  & to hunger & thirst to be near you,putting You first ...............Heavenly Father we entrust this family to Your care,bring them all into relationship with You,give them a grateful & joyful heart....help them all to look to You for all things & follow your lead....we touch & agree this day that Your Will be done in each of their lives ,let them each be Your living testimonies,giving You all Praise,Honor & Glory with Thanksgiving(just for Who You are,the Great I Am)...in Jesus Name we have prayed,Amen!

With love,in Christ -Kwik

Feel free to PM me anytime if you would like to talk,praise, pray or just be loved............

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

I feel your pain, as a mother myself with a daughter. Focus outside of yourself. Love God and love others. When things go crazy in my life at times. I have to have a plan for my spiritual well-being. Looking back I was at a place on my journey where I could coast on by but only get so far with reading scriptures and the word. My plan was meditating day and night on gods word and praying. Staying actively engaged with God. We have a reference guiding us thru life. We must model for our kids. I think your navigating thru lifes troubles beautifully here by putting God first, sometimes we forget and try to do things in our own strength and we feel as if we are failing. This is where we need God's strength to help us and restore us. Sometimes, where we see stress, God sees opportunities for growth and to be better. 

For Prayers to work. There must be a clean heart. Any sins or unforgiveness just repent and proceed with your petition or request to God.

hope this helps some, god bless you.

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,042 posts

Hello.  My 21 year old daughter will be going into our church office in the next week or so to be prayed over by a few prayer warriors in our church as well as our pastor.  She's in desperate need of pain relief from post surgery complications on both of her feet.  My question is two-fold.  I'll try to be brief.  She did this surgery when she was not in pain of any kind to be able to get into the Air Force. An honorable desire.  She asked me and her dad what we thought and we said that she should do it.  Now she is over a year post surgery and still in almost constant pain.  She's so young and has to work on her feet 8 hours a day 40 days a week.  She's also going to college full time.  The doctors say nothing was done wrong in the surgery and that they've done all they can - that sometimes this 'residual pain' is a consequence.  She was such a sweet, obedient, God adoring girl that was always good (honestly).  Now she's angry and upset and depressed.  She believes that God has abandoned her and that she was doing this for good reasons and now look what she has to show for it - constant pain.  I'm heartbroken for her and pray for her constantly.  She is agreeable to going in for the healing prayer with our church but has this attitude of 'if God was going to do anything about this pain He would have already'.  She's understandably angry at God regarding all of this.  My first question has to do with this prayer event and if God can and does answer prayer when the recipient is so resentful and doubtful as she is.  The second part of my question has to do with her dad (my husband).  He is in an ugly place right now spiritually.  This has nothing to do with our daughter and everything to do with him.  Without going into too much detail he still goes to church but is not in a good place - even he knows that.  But he's also very arrogant and won't get help right now.  So basically I feel that I'm holding this family together spiritually - and I'm willing to hold that position as long as necessary.  The second question has to do with the fact that my husband wants to come to this prayer meeting.  I haven't said anything but I believe his presence might hinder the healing because of his attitude.  I also believe that he could effect him  positively (if she's relieved of this pain) or negatively (if she's not).  And I just am not able to sense the right thing to do here.  He would honor our daughter's request if she were to ask him not to come - but of course would be hurt.  I'm just hurting for both of them right now and need some clarity.  Thank you.

When I pray I ask that God's Will Be Done.Sometimes He does not heal us.Sometimes the pain and suffering is for God's Glory.Faith is still believing in God even though the healing doesn't come.Alot of people have tragedies in their lives and they are angry with God and set Him aside.God does not want us to do that.We as Christians continue to follow in God's footsteps and stay in constant prayer.

NeedYouLord

NeedYouLord

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,258 posts

Welcome so much, monicajean...You aren't alone...there are some of us that are walking in similar shoes to you on some things...and I know of Seeking God until He answers prayer and I know of waiting until He answers prayer...and I know sometimes there are hindrances to our prayers...However, God can take that little bitty bit of faith that your daughter has (faith in Him (God) that He can heal her pain...and He can heal her no matter what anybody else says or does. He will heal a non-believer in an instant...That Way He Gets All The Glory...

We don't always know the reason God waits to heal...There are many...

All I can say right now is: if there is any guilt or shame in agreeing to the surgery etc. Let it go...Give all that to God and expect a miracle!!! It is imperative at least in my faith that I know it is not God that brings all the yuk in the world...but it is God Who can take it and turn it around for good...

I know this is the Welcome Thread...and I haven't checked first in the "prayer" thread...I just need to pray right now...

Father...Kneeling at Your Throne of Grace...Asking, Seeking, Knocking and Finding You...I join in prayer that monicajeans daughter and her husband will come to the full realization that You are Real and That You hear and answer our prayers...That You Love us and Will Not Forsake us...That they may know Your Son, Jesus, As Savior Lord and King...I ask Father for her daughter's (who is your daughter) for her pain to be relieved as only You can do...That it stop and You Receive all The Glory....In The Name of Jesus, I Pray...

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Such beautiful answers for you and so true!  By Scripture we are told in James that if anyone among us is sick to go the Elders for prayer.  Seems like a good idea to me.  Please know that I am praying, too.  

I live in pain daily and have for so many years I cannot tell you, and I have asked for healing, been prayed over and anointed, and God continues to say, "My grace is sufficient for you."  

I have been angry, have not understood, and even told it was my own fault, my faith was not strong enough, something hindered my prayers, etc.  Those whom you would think would be more helpful and encouraging were the ones who made me feel shame, and I sulked.  Some said it was my "unconfessed sin" that blocked my healing.  Many said the wrong things, making me feel so much worse, but many showed love and compassion and that helped me so much.  I wish I had the answers for you, but I don't, other than to keep trusting God and stay in His Word, and know that He is in control.

One Sunday morning in church our preacher began to cough badly.  He said he and his family had been very sick.  He was preaching a beautiful message on the Blood of Jesus and healing.  The longer he spoke, the worse he coughed, to the point it was interrupting the sermon.  God whispered in my ear to get up, lay hands on him and pray for him, and I said, "No."  The preacher coughed louder and longer than before, but I still refused.  I did not want to draw attention to myself, and have become afraid of criticism and ridicule, mostly because of the past experiences I shared with you, and fear.  Doubt saying, "What if it doesn't work?  Then what?"  

But, what if it does work!?  Then what?  Faith is increased, people praise God!  We cannot allow fear to win!

A man sitting near me started coughing, but I still said, "No."  Then another woman started to cough.  I said, "Have someone else do it, God!"  I can be so stiff-necked and stubborn!  But, God kept whispering in my ear.  I sat for a moment to see if anyone else was "hearing" what I was.  I waited one more minute to see if anyone would get up.  No one moved.  A few shook their heads as the coughing continued, and I began to think the whole church was going to break out in this horrible coughing if I did not obey.

Finally, I raised my hand, the preacher called on me, and I told him what God wanted me to do.  The preacher was more than willing and I told him to meet me mid-way down the aisle so I could lay hands on him and the other man who was also coughing terribly.

I laid hands on both of them and simply said that it was the power and Blood of Jesus Christ that healed.  I repeated a few key points our preacher had mentioned in his interrupted sermon, we all said, "In the Name of Jesus, amen" and back to our seats; the preacher to the pulpit.

Not one more cough was heard again!  Not one more person coughed!  We all sat for a moment in awe at God's healing power and when we are obedient to His voice the miracles we shall see!  Our preacher added in his own humorous way, that I should have obeyed God sooner and the sermon wouldn't have been so long!

I shared with all that when I walked into church that morning my faith was drained.  My pain was great, and I really was not in the mood to be in church.  I was filled with self pity and anger and I sat at the back in a resentful manner.  I did not want any attention, and I definitely did not want to get up and pray!

But, God had other plans that day, and I suppose He knew that sooner or later I would obey Him.

So, you ask the point of this story?  Well, I'm not sure, because I sit here today in pain.  I witnessed God heal others, and I have witnessed this so many times before, but I am still in pain.  I shared with you my attitude hoping that you will understand how your daughter is feeling.  It is hard for us, we know God, and we do not want to admit how weak of faith we are when it seems our own prayers are going unanswered.  I am ashamed of my weak faith and doubt.  I want to be the honorable martyr who does not shrug back in the face of danger and fear.  I want to say, "Oh, I never doubt, I never fear!"  But I do.  Yet, God can use the likes of me to fulfill His perfect will.  He can even use me, in my pain, in my doubt, in my fears, and as long as I am willing, even reluctantly willing, He will use me.

Yet, I hear God say .....  "My grace is sufficient for you...." and I believe.

I still seek healing.  I still pray for healing and lay hands on other people who suffer and have much compassion when I hear stories like yours.  I will continue to pray, but if your daughter does not get the results she desires, don't give up!  Tell her to never give up!  Do as our dear Kwik has said, and heed her reminder, God is God alone and no man can hinder His will to work.  

As it is written, Romans 8:28 "All things will work to the good ...."  ALL things ....

I continue to confess my healing.  I remind myself, and God, that His Word says in Isaiah 53 that "By His stripes we are healed."  I believe that!  But, I think we do not always understand that God's thoughts and His ways are so much higher than ours.  We think in human terms and conditions.  We do not see the future and the purpose we go through these trials, but we must continue to trust God in all things!

My brother Golden Eagle has posted the most beautiful videos in the Christian Video section of these forums and they have blessed me so much!  Please take a moment to view them.  Let your daughter see them, too.  The two songs that are the most special to me are "Blessings" by Laura Story, and Golden Eagle also attached her testimony, and his latest addition today, "Where Were You?" by Mars Hill.

Music speaks to my spirit better than words.  I hope these songs bless you, too.

So glad you have joined us here at Worthy and a very Worthy welcome to you!

God's richest blessings to you in the coming New Year!

Peace, PrairWarur

John 16:33

New American Standard Bible (NASB)

33 These things I have spoken to you, so that in Me you may have peace. In the world you have tribulation, but take courage; I have overcome the world.”

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,204 posts

Wow - there is not anything that I can say other than God's timing is perfect and if you (all) are to be healed it will be in His good and perfect time. I understand the impatience of waiting on God but He is in control and there are times He waits for us to do His will before He fulfills our desires. I to understand pain - having had a lifetime of migraines and other ills but we are told to wait on God and be of good cheer. Anger and frustration only aggravate our pain and do not help our relationship with the Father or Jesus. We are the sheep He loves.

We are told God answers prayer - yes, no and wait. Be of good cheer.....

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,484 posts

Praying~!

monicajean

monicajean
  • 3 posts

Thank you all so much.  Your words are as a salve to a burn :)  Please continue praying for each of us.  God bless each of you....

Edited by monicajean, 31 December 2013 - 11:24 AM.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,432 posts

Blessings Monicajean,

Oh Praise the Lord,I am so glad that we can be a comfort to you ....I know I can even speak for our Brothers & Sisters with confidence that we will continue to pray for all of you,we are here for one another(this is the real deal)........we do not post for lack of anything better to do,we love God....we love one another,we love you...........

Please keep us updated,we look forward to that Praise report,in the Name of our Lord & Savior,Christ Jesus.......God bless you & your family as we enter into 2014....expecting  a Happy New Year,a year of turnaround & breakthrough for all of you...

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network