christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I am reading the Bible for the first time, please suggest companion re

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2 replies to this topic

justinithewriterguy

justinithewriterguy
  • Seeker
  • 23 posts

I'm doing research for a book, and as part of this I am reading the Bible. It is my goal to understand the message as fully as possible. In pursuit of that goal, I am reaching out to a number of communities to ask about potential resources to help me in that understanding.

I purchased the NIRV Bible, but will probably pick up a KJV as well to get the full picture.

What resources do you suggest?

Thank you very much for your time.

TheCurseOfTheRodain

TheCurseOfTheRodain

• PipPip
  • 154 posts

The KJV would be best probably, so long as you understand that everyplace you see the phrase "fear God" or something similar the word fear, selected by the Holy Spirit, used at the time God wrote the Bible, it is not meaning what we in the USA take it to mean today, as in "be afraid of God or be scared of God" - rather it means the greatly reverence, to greatly respect, to stand in awe of.

What is the purpose of what you are writing? You say you are seeking God - would you like to enter into relationship with Him today and become spiritually alive, being reborn with Heaven as your future and no past?

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,795 posts
Closing this thread. There s one just like it already going. It can be found in the General Discussion forum here.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network