christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Moderating Posts

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
11 replies to this topic

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Not sure if this is the right forum to bring up this issue, but I suppose it is as good as any.  

I have a suggestion that has worked well in other communities where I have belonged.  It seems, also, that it may cut down the work of the moderators.

In those closed, or private groups, every article and post goes by the moderators before publication.  This is done, I suppose, much like the videos are done here, that they are approved before being published.

I bring this up because of seeing various threads that have either disappeared entirely, or portions of them are gone when someone cannot be civil or has posted comments found to be offensive.

No one seemed to be bothered by the wait when posts were delayed so moderators could approve them, and in those other groups the wait was not that long, depending on the amount of moderators available and time.

I think this might be good for all of us here at Worthy.  I am a little disappointed after spending a lot of time answering a response, going through Scriptures to post, then finding my work deleted.  Still not sure why my posts were gone, but I suppose it was because I addressed the controversial poster?  I would like to know, but I did not think it was important enough to write to the one who removed them to find out.

I would like to avoid this in the future and the suggestion I have made just might be a way to make this happen.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

PrairWarur

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

Are you talking about having every post cleared by a moderator before it appears on the site?

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

Are you talking about having every post cleared by a moderator before it appears on the site?

I think this will be almost impossible for the Moderators and also make threads less real. I think the current "report" system helps Moderators and seems to work well. ( along with the Moderators real-time overseeing.

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,890 posts

Not sure if this is the right forum to bring up this issue, but I suppose it is as good as any.  

I have a suggestion that has worked well in other communities where I have belonged.  It seems, also, that it may cut down the work of the moderators.

In those closed, or private groups, every article and post goes by the moderators before publication.  This is done, I suppose, much like the videos are done here, that they are approved before being published.

I bring this up because of seeing various threads that have either disappeared entirely, or portions of them are gone when someone cannot be civil or has posted comments found to be offensive.

No one seemed to be bothered by the wait when posts were delayed so moderators could approve them, and in those other groups the wait was not that long, depending on the amount of moderators available and time.

I think this might be good for all of us here at Worthy.  I am a little disappointed after spending a lot of time answering a response, going through Scriptures to post, then finding my work deleted.  Still not sure why my posts were gone, but I suppose it was because I addressed the controversial poster?  I would like to know, but I did not think it was important enough to write to the one who removed them to find out.

I would like to avoid this in the future and the suggestion I have made just might be a way to make this happen.

Yours in Christ Jesus,

PrairWarur

Currently there are 4 active board admins (Servants) here on WCF - Fez, OneLight, Steve_S, and myself. :thumbsup:

I don't think we would have time to review every post, thread, or article out there. I see what you're saying but it just logistically wouldn't work methinks.

God bless,

GE

ncn

ncn

Royal Member

• Worthy Chat Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,135 posts

Yours in Christ Jesus,

PrairWarur

Currently there are 4 active board admins (Servants) here on WCF - Fez, OneLight, Steve_S, and myself. I don't think we would have time to review every post, thread, or article out there.

God bless,

GE

There are  1,649,877 Total Posts and 64,994 Members.

We must be doing something right  :biggrin2:

Team effort  :thumbsup:

OneLight

OneLight

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,946 posts
Please keep in mind that we are volunteers here. We have jobs, families and other responsibilities that take away from a full blown moderation this would require. I can assure you that we all have spent many hours posting only to have it removed. The better idea is to report a post that would possible lead to a thread being deleted. Another idea is to not quote a post that may be deleted or even answer it. When we remove an offensive post, we also remove all other posts replying to it, otherwise, a reader would have no reference point and the replies would not make any sense.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

I think this will be almost impossible for the Moderators and also make threads less real. I think the current "report" system helps Moderators and seems to work well. ( along with the Moderators real-time overseeing.

Absolutely. There would have to be 5 or 6 full time mods at all times. 

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

True, I did not check to see how many moderators there were available.  So few for so many posts!  Whew!  

Yes, you guys do a great job!  A terrific job and my hats off to you!  I see you do rely on the report system, and that is good.  I am still learning about this place, the ins and outs and how it works.

My thanks for a job well done and for volunteering your services.  You are a very valuable asset to Worthy!

I will keep you in my prayers.  God bless you so much for being in His service.

Peace to you all,

PrairWarur

Butero

Butero

Royal Member

• Soapbox - Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,764 posts

What is being described is having everyone on permanent moderator review.  I can't imagine how hard that would be for the moderators, having to proof read every single thing everyone said.  You would need a whole lot of full time positions.  Considering the number of posts, things seem to be going pretty well, IMO.  I can also tell you that there is more peace today than when I first joined WB. 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts

Blessings Everyone

I am amazed at the job these guys do & only because they wish to serve....God bless them and Glory to God for Blessing us all through them........

We are a  family here ,each a member of the Body of Christ........by looking out for one another this lightens the load for our mods & in turn we are more effective as a whole.....As members we can help out tremendously by sending a report as soon as we see something that clearly needs a moderator to either edit,respond or remove .....they cannot be everywhere at once so if we lend a hand and bring their attention to something they simply may not have seen "yet" they can go to it right away....instead of having to go through all the posts that would follow the one in question had they not seen it right away

Of course,if the issue is something that does not require immediate attention then let us not add to their work by sending reports unneccessarily ..........don't jump the gun,ask the Lord for guidance and let Him direct your footsteps

I wish you all a Happy & Blessed New Year......................Halleluiah!Thank You,Father for 2014!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,890 posts

True, I did not check to see how many moderators there were available.  So few for so many posts!  Whew!  

Yes, you guys do a great job!  A terrific job and my hats off to you!  I see you do rely on the report system, and that is good.  I am still learning about this place, the ins and outs and how it works.

My thanks for a job well done and for volunteering your services.  You are a very valuable asset to Worthy!

I will keep you in my prayers.  God bless you so much for being in His service.

Peace to you all,

PrairWarur

No worries sister. Yes, the report post system is probably the most effective. Thanks for your prayers :)

God bless,
GE

Brother Paul

Brother Paul

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 566 posts

Yours in Christ Jesus,

PrairWarur

But what if your mods have a prejudice against a particular theological perspective? Like one forum I was on the entire Theology section was moderated by Calvinists and post-Dort Reformed people....EO, RCC, and others hardly had a chance to express their views...

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network