christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

I may be wrong about this.

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

Dimwitted

Dimwitted
  • 1 posts

This may not be the board for this but i'm new & can only post here.

I may be wrong about this but the scriptures about it tell me reasons why but not the reasons for the reasons why, answers just lead to more question.

I've been asking myself this question for a long time now and this is the only conclusion I've come up so far tell me if i'm wrong.

Question: Why does God require sacrifice in order to forgive sin, why can't he just forgive us freely, why sacrifice his son?

Answer:   I think God could forgive us freely but we would be unable to forgive ourselves we wouldn't be able to stand before the Lord with all our shame & for us not to accept Jesus as a sacrifice for our sins would be a slap to his face & and I don't want to slap Jesus, thus forcing our hand. God didn't require a sacrifice we did. 

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,382 posts

Blessings DW,

Welcome to Worthy & God Bless you ....I really do not want to call you a dimwit so may I say DW or Witt for short?I really have to ask why you would want to call yourself that?lol.......Anyway,the mods will probably move your question to an appropriate forum as this is the Welcome section where you would introduce yourself & perhaps yell us a little bit about yourself,your interests,what you enjoy for fun & so on......

So I will not elaborate but I will just say that we do know why God set up the system of a blood covenant as a means of atonement & I am sure you will get many replies & referrance to Scripture but really we cannot know why He chose blood as the covering (Genesis)because our ways are not His ways....you are correct in saying God could have chosen ANYTHING He wanted to forgive us ...but to express His love for us,He chose Himself....He left all His majesty in Heaven to be reduced to servitude(For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,that whosoever believes in Him shall not perish but have everlasting life-John 3:16)

We can get further into this after you have 5 posts & can ask lots of questions in all the different forums,I will surely participate.So you can reply to me & whoever else comes on ,or give a little intro & you will have your 5 posts lickety split-lol                                                                                   With love,in Christ-Kwik

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,445 posts

Welcome~!

~

Why does God require sacrifice in order to forgive sin, why can't he just forgive us freely, why sacrifice his son?

~

He

In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Hebrews 9:22 (NIV)

Loves

For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Romans 6:23

You So Much

And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood, Revelation 1:5

Even As You Are Now

But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8

Beloved Can You See, Can You See Yet....

The entrance of thy words giveth light; it giveth understanding unto the simple. Psalms 119:130

Love, Joe

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,196 posts

Welcome to Worthy!! In a sense God could have left out the sacrifice of Jesus, His Son, but then onus would be ours whether we forgave ourselves or not. This way the redemption through sacrifice is there and all we have to do is accept or not. The redemption is complete in Jesus - ours is to ask and receive full pardon. It is not by anything that we do it is what God did for us - His Children - once for all never to be done again. Nothing is as pure as the blood offering of our Saviour. We are sinners - He a sinless Lamb of God. That is why when animal offerings were done they had to be without any blemish but perfect in every way. That was not enough for the God of the Universe who then gave up His only Son - pure and spotless a redemption for all to accept or reject.

shiloh357

shiloh357

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,008 posts

Question: Why does God require sacrifice in order to forgive sin, why can't he just forgive us freely, why sacrifice his son?

Answer:   I think God could forgive us freely but we would be unable to forgive ourselves we wouldn't be able to stand before the Lord with all our shame & for us not to accept Jesus as a sacrifice for our sins would be a slap to his face & and I don't want to slap Jesus, thus forcing our hand. God didn't require a sacrifice we did. 

No, God could not have forgiven us freely without Jesus' sacrifice.  Jesus wasn't sacrificed so we could forgive ourselves.  

God could not not forgive us freely without a sacrifice because God operates from a perfect system of justice that says, "sin must be punished."    Jesus gave His life to satisfy God's justice against sin.  We stood in contempt of God's absolute holiness and justice and Jesus paid the price needed to satisfy God's demands.   God absolutely required a sacrifice

GoldenEagle

GoldenEagle

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,878 posts

First, welcome to Worthy! Hope you grow in your walk with the Lord, find good fellowship, and point others to Christ here.

As to your question...

God's justice (the quality of being fair and reasonable) required payment for our (humanity) sin. He cannot simply just overlook it.

God's mercy (not giving us what we deserve) allowed for that sacrifice to be Jesus Christ.

God's grace (giving us what don't deserve) gave/gives us the ability to be adopted into God's family through Jesus Christ.

Spock

Spock

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 901 posts

This may not be the board for this but i'm new & can only post here.

I may be wrong about this but the scriptures about it tell me reasons why but not the reasons for the reasons why, answers just lead to more question.

I've been asking myself this question for a long time now and this is the only conclusion I've come up so far tell me if i'm wrong.

Awesome question seeker. I see many have answered so I will approach this from a different angle if that's okay with you.

I really struggle watching the crucifixion and all that torture Jesus went through on tv. It sickens me and like you, I wish God had chosen another way.

But alas, he didn't, but I'm sure it's better for you and me that he didn't. It's at times like these I defer to his majesty and wisdom and accept what is as being what has to be. I still cringe thinking about the trial, but like many have replied to you, Gods justice (apparently) required this.

I hope you hang around.

Spock out.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network