christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Long-time Christian needing advice and encouragement

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
14 replies to this topic

Tauriel

Tauriel
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Hello all, I am new to here although not to God. I've grown up in the church, but after digging myself the deepest hole I've ever been in, I need someone to talk to and receive advice from.  I will read a bit before posing my question, and I hope I can offer my own advice to you. Thanks.

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,501 posts

Welcome, God bless you, and Happy New Year! :)

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!  Welcome back to the family of God.  We've been missing you!

Yours in Christ Jesus,

PrairWarur

Tauriel

Tauriel
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Thanks.:)

WillfromTexas

WillfromTexas

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Welcome!

No need to be shy around here.

desi2007

desi2007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,840 posts

hello and welcome to worthy..... :th_wave:

bopeep1909

bopeep1909

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,125 posts

Hello all, I am new to here although not to God. I've grown up in the church, but after digging myself the deepest hole I've ever been in, I need someone to talk to and receive advice from.  I will read a bit before posing my question, and I hope I can offer my own advice to you. Thanks.

I don't know what kind of hole you dug for yourself, but if it was anything like the one I dug, just remember this.

Luke 15

4 "What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it?

5 And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing.

6 And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, 'Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!'

7 I say to you that likewise there will be more joy in heaven over one sinner who repents than over ninety-nine just persons who need no repentance.

Welcome to Worthy.   :emot-handshake: 

Ahh yes I was one of those wondering sheep once. :mgcheerful: Welcome to Worthy Tauriel.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,493 posts

Blessings Tauriel,

Welcome to Worthy.......this is a New Year,a new beginning....Gods specialty(creating),he will make for you a clean start & lift you right out of that hole.....let me encourage you to just give it all to Him & trust our Lord,He literally lifted me out of the pit of hell(that is definitely a hole-lol)& if He could pull me up from my low,despicable sinful life,He can do it for you.

God works all things for the good of those that love Him,,,according to the purpose of His call      Trust the Lord,He has a plan

Keep posting,God has lead you to the right place...we love you and we are here for one another!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Tauriel

Tauriel
  • Members
  • 8 posts
Thank you for that. My story can be read in the advice forum... And that particular passage has been with me a lot lately.

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,536 posts

Welcome~!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

A Happy New Year welcome to you!!

tgreen_63

tgreen_63
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Speaking for myself, I have dug so many holes which have seemed so deep.  But, I know that I serve an Almighty, Loving God who is my Father.  No matter what I have done, his mercy and love endures forever!  God's forgiveness is unconditional.  We ask, he provides...no strings attached!  

hvnbnd

hvnbnd
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Yeah - those holes we dig ourselves into can be quite scary... but the thing to remember is there's no hole that the Lord can't find you - no hole He can't be with you, no hole that keep Him away.

hvnbnd

hvnbnd
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Also remember God has extravagant love for you - there's nothing you can do to make Him love you more nor anything you can do to make Him love you less. His love is great!

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,207 posts

Welcome to Worthy!

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network