1. Christian Discussions

1. Study Group

Join our online studies! Only those part of the ministry can start topics in this forum, although anyone may reply to any topic started!

Online forum for users to post their Bible studies.

1. General

All videos are will be reviewed before being published on WCF.

1. 46.6k

Live-blogging events, posting interesting Op-Eds and tidbits, that are relevant — but not necessarily something we can publish on Worthy News.

1. Worthy Devotions

...read our Bible based daily devotions from Israel.

• No, I claim that being filled with the H.S. by no means makes one an expert, it makes no ones views superior to another's. No one has a higher position in the Body of Christ, as compared to another.  All are unique and God has given each one gifts. Apparently those anointed one's (H.S. filled) in the Body of Christ still have disagreements.  Many do not believe in your views, many don't believe in my views.  Your outlandish claims by what others report as truth, is just that.  In the late 1970's Henry Kissinger's number was 666 and many thought he would become the A/C, the man of sin. He didn't.  Why should we believe that Trump is this same 666, or man of sin.  Kind of like date setting. Anointing also means to put one into a leadership position, again also to anoint those who are sick among you with prayers and anoint their head with oil.  Saul was anointed King based on stature by the Jews via the Priests.  David was anointed King based on one having the heart of God by God via the Priests. In Christ Montana Marv
    • Well,I guess when your hateful all the time then you don't realize when you are.It just comes natural to you.
    • What's your problem? Daniel didn't say anything about the Catholic Church nor was he prophesying of it.Daniel was prophesying of the end times.The king of the north who exalts himself above all ,the persecution of the saints in Israel and the destruction of the middle east by the armed forces of the king of the north. There's Nothing in there about the Catholic church or peoples interpretations which you seem to be stuck on. This prophecy is an end times prophecy about a man who exalts himself above all. Daniel 11 36 And the king shall do according to his will; and he shall exalt himself, and magnify himself above every god, and shall speak marvellous things against the God of gods, and shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined shall be done.   This is the same man who Paul said would exalt himself above all before the coming of Christ.   2 Thes 2 4 Who opposeth and exalteth himself above all that is called God, or that is worshipped; so that he as God sitteth in the temple of God, shewing himself that he is God.
    • Well then, feel free to ignore me if it causes you to be so emotional. I can but say its not true. I do seek for clarification where there is vagueness. I do not know what is people's head when they say something, so I expect them to be willing to articulate their position when questioned. Also, I do expect questions to be answered and not ignored. I expect mutual respect and charity, even when opinions do not align. I read whatever is submitted to me, look up people's details in their comments (unless already informed). But are we not all here search for the truth and to contend for the truth of the Gospel? Cannot that be done peacefully? Certainly, but only where pride has be abated and humility and charity prevail. Do you think Barnabas went away with John Mark thinking Paul was hateful? Was Paul hateful when he confronted Peter when he was to be blamed? What allowed healing in all these situation? It was humility.
    • Excuse me, but that's not what I said. Not even close. Try reading more slowly, and examining the things given for your consideration. Daniel gave the prophecy, not the interpretation of it. How often did Daniel himself have to ask for understanding of what he was seeing or hearing? Did he not write faithfully about things he did not understand? It is other men throughout history who have made all manner of interpretations of Daniel’s prophecies. Thus, what I said is that your interpretation (with which wholly I disagree [is that what really offends you?]), is very much in accord with what was possibly one of the first documented eschatological treatise put forth in defense of both Catholicism and the papacy, written by a French monk at the royal request of the queen of France. People, doctrines, positions of influence, and religious dominance were in question and being scrutinized. Prior to that, there were indeed various interpretations among the various non-Catholics, but there was a basic harmony among them concerning Catholicism being heretical and the papacy a usurpation of authority contrary to scripture. Nearly all their eschatological position were contrary to both your interpretation and that of the monk. Simple fact. I simply told you, and will say it again, that what you are believing is in my firm opinion very similar to that which the monk construed. And once more, he did so purely in defense the papacy to refute the eschatology of non-Catholics before the queen. Look it up. Why wouldn’t you? The same misdirecting is also very much like what has happened because Scofield wrote his interpretations, which someone has placed side by side with Holy Writ in a "reference bible," (now being widely used by almost every seminary out there). This, I believe, and how can it do otherwise, steers people to erroneous conclusions, via his notes that say, "This is that." Has not the devil consistently labored to teach us all what to think, instead of how to think? Now I am not saying Scofield wasn’t a man of God, but rather on many eschatological points it simply wasn’t “given to him to know.” For we all are given but a measure of both faith and grace whereby we speak one to another. Therefore, I give him much due respect for submitting them for peer review, much like we all should be doing here. But it seems to me, that just as the devil would have misused the body of Moses to an ungodly end, he has nonetheless managed to do so utilizing Scofield’s speculations to promote erroneous end-time theories. Now, Peter said "this is that" under the anointing of the Holy Spirit concerning the outpouring on Pentecost, but Scofield, like so many, was simply trying to fit pieces of scripture together wherever they seemed to fit, but again, it simply wasn't "given to him to know the mysteries of the Kingdom" as they were "seal until the end," meaning the later days of the Gospel dispensation. Sadly though, many are still trying to interpret or figure out scripture the same way, or worse, accepting whatever they were taught. For I have yet to meet a Christian anywhere who doesn't believe they were taught the truth, unless they truly humbled themselves and became both prayerful and critical students of God's word. That is why we must labor to understand that which was committed to the early church fathers, upon whom the burden of being faithful stewards of the prophets and apostles’ teachings and understanding fell.
  • Who's Online

129 Guests
  • Popular Contributors

• Tell a friend

Love Worthy Christian Forums? Tell a friend!
  • Christian Blogs

• Blog Entries

• Birthdays

1. alisonm328
      alisonm328
      35 years old
    2. eben4christ
      eben4christ
      39 years old
    3. Fedah
      Fedah
      59 years old