christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Are their others in here that do Christian Arts & Crafts

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
8 replies to this topic

Louise

Louise
  • Members
  • 26 posts

I was wondering are their others in here that do Christian crafts ? like paintings etc...

I been making Scripture balls and Scripture scrolls and i paint rocks of wild life plus i make quilts sewn by hand.

My Scriptures balls & scrolls i use in my ministry, when i get a tug in my heart to make them and give them away as a witness  tool for non believers or those who just need a uplift and a word of encouragement.

I use the gifts of art that God has given me , for His Glory & Honor !

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,517 posts

Amen!  How creative!  Do post some pictures of your stuff, it would be great to see :)

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,210 posts

Welcome to Worthy!!

WillfromTexas

WillfromTexas

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 304 posts

Oh I love that stuff.  Unfortunately I haven't done many arts and crafts lately because my crafting buddies (niece and nephews) all grew up!  We'd all have our own little thing going and it was so much fun.  Carving wooden crosses out of beautiful pieces of wood I'd find was one of my favorites.  Also love drawing and painting but I'm never as good as I want to be, lol.  Takes me ages to paint anything good.

Sounds like you're having fun and when there's God in it you can't go wrong.

redroses42

redroses42

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 373 posts

welcome to worthy....i'm  a card maker...I make greeting cards I also do scrapbooking....I also like embroidery and knitting and cork work

Louise

Louise
  • Members
  • 26 posts
*Zion*, on 06 Jan 2014 - 05:20 AM, said:

Amen!  How creative!  Do post some pictures of your stuff, it would be great to see :)

Hi Zion, How do you post pictures, i never done that before, my husband took pictures of all my crafts o and saved them in some photo bucket or so, he is good in knowledge in that stuff on the pc, me not good at that never done posting of phot's. photo's, sorry about that not a good speller. need to know what are all the little icons on the bottom of screen next to lobby ? And what are the icons here when i am typing where it say's front , size etc, & smile picture etc. i'm new at this been a long time since i have done this stuff, as you can see i failed typing in school lol, and that was back in 1974 :) if u can help i appreciate it very much thank u

Louise

Louise
  • Members
  • 26 posts

welcome to worthy....i'm  a card maker...I make greeting cards I also do scrapbooking....I also like embroidery and knitting and cork work

Hi redroses, that is cool on making cards, do you recycle your own paper to make cards ? I do a lot of cali graft can't spell it i write fancy in printing on my scrolls & scripture balls. I uses to knit years ago, all i could do was pearling beginners, i brought all the papers & stuff for scrapbooking and still in it's bag and never got around to doing it. Some day i hope too begin on a new project, it looks like a lot of fun of what i have seen on craft shows. What is cork work ? never heard of it, is it like wood working ? I have a big shopping bag full of wooden beads, pots, tiny clothes pins that i uses to sand, & make rocking chairs paint them up and fill a tiny pot wooden with dry flowers & glue them to the chair seat & save them for gifts for Christmas or birthday etc.   it is neat meeting people God's family that make things from the heart & share talents from above, and using gifts that he has given each one of us for His Glory !

PrairWarur

PrairWarur

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 557 posts

Welcome to Worthy!  Yes, I do crafts and have painted a large mural of Jesus on my stairway wall.  I also painted the stairs and room at the top of the stairs with blue skies, clouds, and the further into the bedroom I darkened the walls made it look like night-time and painted a moon and stars on the walls and sloped ceiling.  

I also make walking sticks and I bless them before giving them to others.  That is sort of a ministry.  I've done other crafts similar to this, too, and when I know they are going to be given as gifts I pray over them, bless them, and ask God to bless the person who receives them.

I would like to post photographs of my work, too, but I do not know how.  Maybe those who do will let us know.  That would be great!

Peace to you, Louise.

Always in His care,

PrairWarur

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,548 posts

Hi redroses, that is cool on making cards, do you recycle your own paper to make cards ? I do a lot of cali graft can't spell it i write fancy in printing on my scrolls & scripture balls. I uses to knit years ago, all i could do was pearling beginners, i brought all the papers & stuff for scrapbooking and still in it's bag and never got around to doing it. Some day i hope too begin on a new project, it looks like a lot of fun of what i have seen on craft shows. What is cork work ? never heard of it, is it like wood working ? I have a big shopping bag full of wooden beads, pots, tiny clothes pins that i uses to sand, & make rocking chairs paint them up and fill a tiny pot wooden with dry flowers & glue them to the chair seat & save them for gifts for Christmas or birthday etc.   it is neat meeting people God's family that make things from the heart & share talents from above, and using gifts that he has given each one of us for His Glory !

:thumbsup:

The Word For Today Is Calligraphy

And A Most Beautiful Wonderful Word It Is :)

My Wife Is An Old Fashion Self Designing Hand Quilter

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network