christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Omnipotence of God

* * * * * 1 votes

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
6 replies to this topic

mwinwv

mwinwv
  • 1 posts

Through my experiences and my studies, I have developed an opinion that I don't think I have ever seen expressed before. We are all taught that God is all knowing and omnipotent. I totally agree that His knowledge is vast, unlimited and  covers all, but I feel that as He gave us free will, He elected to react to our actions. By this, I mean that He knows what the result will be of every single choice that we could possibly make, but as part of our free will, that decision is made by us. You hear many preachers say things like "Jesus came to the Jews first, and if they had accepted Him, He would not have turned to the Gentile world." or "The original intent was for a perfect world, until sin entered the picture in the Garden of Eden." Also consider things like how God would have taken one action with the Israelites during the Exodus from Egypt but Moses pleaded their cases and "God repented" of His thought of judgment. Primarily, I tend to believe that God reacts to our actions because of the power of prayer. He urges us to pray for the lost and our loved ones. If He knew ahead of time how He was going to deal with a sickness or other situation, why does He ask us to pray? Why is it that a earnest effort of a group of prayer warriors can change what looks like a hopeless situation? I hope I am expressing this clearly enough so that it is understood that I am in no way discrediting God for His wisdom or anything like that, I just think that He looks upon us as a nurturing Father, urging His children on. He knows every opportunity and temptation we will ever face and He knows what the result would be of each and every choice, but He allows us to act of our free will, and His hand is moved by prayer. I am a Christian and very thankful for my God and my salvation. I just found this site this morning and I am encouraged that I may have found a true study aid with your input. God bless you all!

*Zion*

*Zion*

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,865 posts

Welcome mwinwv, God bless you.  Interesting first post :)

FresnoJoe

FresnoJoe

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 43,556 posts

Welcome~!

~

Through my experiences and my studies, I have developed an opinion that I don't think I have ever seen expressed before.

We are all taught that God is all knowing and omnipotent.

I totally agree that His knowledge is vast, unlimited and  covers all, but I feel that as He gave us free will, He elected to react to our actions.

By this, I mean that He knows what the result will be of every single choice that we could possibly make, but as part of our free will, that decision is made by us.

You hear many preachers say things like "Jesus came to the Jews first, and if they had accepted Him, He would not have turned to the Gentile world." or "The original intent was for a perfect world, until sin entered the picture in the Garden of Eden."

Also consider things like how God would have taken one action with the Israelis during the Exodus from Egypt but Moses pleaded their cases and "God repented" of His thought of judgment.

Primarily, I tend to believe that God reacts to our actions because of the power of prayer.

He urges us to pray for the lost and our loved ones.

If He knew ahead of time how He was going to deal with a sickness or other situation, why does He ask us to pray?

Why is it that a earnest effort of a group of prayer warriors can change what looks like a hopeless situation?

I hope I am expressing this clearly enough so that it is understood that I am in no way discrediting God for His wisdom or anything like that, I just think that He looks upon us as a nurturing Father, urging His children on.

He knows every opportunity and temptation we will ever face and He knows what the result would be of each and every choice, but He allows us to act of our free will, and His hand is moved by prayer.

I am a Christian and very thankful for my God and my salvation.

I just found this site this morning and I am encouraged that I may have found a true study aid with your input. God bless you all!

:thumbsup:

For the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him. 2 Chronicles 16:9(a-b)

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,450 posts

Blessings mwinwv,

Welcome to Worthy......we have had quite a few discussions on this topic,perhaps Fresno Joe knows where you can find it & if I recall there were hundreds of posts that I am sure you will find very interesting.

I think that the problem that so many have difficulty with God knowing the end results(as His Will) & the outcome of our decisions(having free will)is because we are bound by space & time and God is not.......we are shown many times in the Scriptures that Gods Will is conditional......(eg:if MY people do this,I will do this but if they do that ,then I will do this as in Ezekial 22:30).........Gods Will was done because not one would"stand in the gap" for the land & God destroyed it,had one built the wall He would not have destroyed them.......So we can say,how can we really have free will if Gods Will is going to be  done,then do we really have a choice?Yes,because He knew no one would come forward....because God IS already in the future & IS where we have not yet been..........so many things are the result of our choice but God is present in the past,present & future all at the same time ,He is I AM

Who could know Gods ways?Who could possibly understand what it is to be Everywhere,In Every Dimension,all at once.?....Eternal,from Everlasting to Everlasting?mo one can,but we do not have to ....we only have to believe it!Glory to God!!

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Littlelambseativy

Littlelambseativy

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,778 posts

Welcome to Worthy on a rip-roaring snowy blowing, blizzard morning!!

God answers prayer - if the result will honour, glorify and suit His purpose - a purpose which we know not nor can begin to tell. It is always about God and His will. Prayer can change things but because He knows the result it is always to suit His purpose.

Bubba4J

Bubba4J

Royal Member

• Worthy Watchman
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,384 posts

Welcome :)

P_W

P_W

Veteran Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts

A Worthy welcome to you!

Peace and God bless,

PrairWarur

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network