christian forums

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Forums

Welcome to Worthy Christian Forums
Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more. If you already have an account, login here - otherwise create an account for free today!
Photo

Satanists unveil design for Okla. Capitol monument

- - - - -

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

Waiting2BwithHim

Waiting2BwithHim

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

The Satanic Temple says Oklahoma's decision to put a Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol opened the door for its statute.

OKLAHOMA CITY —  A satanic group unveiled designs Monday for a 7-foot-tall statue of Satan it wants to put at the Oklahoma state Capitol, where a Ten Commandments monument was placed in 2012.

The New York-based Satanic Temple formally submitted its application to a panel that oversees the Capitol grounds, including an artist's rendering that depicts Satan as Baphomet, a goat-headed figure with horns, wings and a long beard that's often used as a symbol of the occult. In the rendering, Satan is sitting in a pentagram-adorned throne with smiling children next to him.

"The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond," temple spokesman Lucien Greaves said in a statement. "The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

The Satanic Temple maintains that the Oklahoma Legislature's decision to authorize a privately funded Ten Commandments monument at the Capitol opened the door for its statue. The Ten Commandments monument was placed on the north steps of the building in 2012, and the Oklahoma chapter of the American Civil Liberties Union has sued to have it removed.

Similar requests for monuments have been made by a Hindu leader in Nevada, an animal rights group and the satirical Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster.

In response, the Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission recently placed a moratorium on considering any new requests.

"Anybody can still make their request, but we'll hold off on considering them until the lawsuit is adjudicated," commission Chairman Trait Thompson said.

The push by the Satanic Temple has rankled elected leaders in this conservative state known as the buckle of the Bible Belt, who say such a proposal would never be approved by the commission.

"I think you've got to remember where you are. This is Oklahoma, the middle of the heartland," said Rep. Don Armes, R-Faxon. "I think we need to be tolerant of people who think different than us, but this is Oklahoma, and that's not going to fly here."

While Greaves acknowledges the Satanic Temple's effort is in part to highlight what it says is hypocrisy of state leaders in Oklahoma, he says the group is serious about having a monument placed there.

The group already has raised nearly half of the $20,000 it says it needs to build the monument.

"We plan on moving forward one way or another," Greaves said.

Another Oklahoma legislator, Rep. Earl Sears, called the group's effort "an insult to the good people of the state."

"I do not see Satanism as a religion, and they have no place at the state Capitol," said Sears, R-Bartlesville.

On its website, the Satanic Temple explains that it "seeks to separate Religion from Superstition by acknowledging religious belief as a metaphorical framework with which we construct a narrative context for our goals and works.

"Satan stands as the ultimate icon for the selfless revolt against tyranny, free & rational inquiry, and the responsible pursuit of happiness," the website says.

http://news.msn.com/...?ocid=ansnews11

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

"Satan stands as the ultimate icon for the selfless revolt against tyranny, free & rational inquiry, and the responsible pursuit of happiness,"

Satan has been to the gym and is working hard at the moment. He is peddling his lies Globally. I expect to hear more nonsense like this. It's a sign of the times.

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Brazen!this rebellion is sickening

Waiting2BwithHim

Waiting2BwithHim

Advanced Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Well a few things on this topic..

First we should expected this to happen. This is falling in the category of end times.

Second now you know this group sounds like little children jealous of a toy.

Well if you can have one I can have one also. But mine will be better then yours.

Why don't this group just go back to New York and put it in front of their own building where they can enjoy it all

they want.

I personally hope and pray that someone at night when no one is watching is able to destroy this statue if it

ends up they are able to build it.

And I pray that God Almighty will have mercy on those those that absolutely think this is the most

revolting thing anyone can do.

:45: :swordfightsmiles: :runforhills: :foot-stomp:

Guest_DRS81_*

Guest_DRS81_*
  • Guests

:runforhills:

some of these smilies are hilarious, makes me giggle. doesn't matter if it's 3 in the morning or 2 in the afternoon.

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

I personally hope and pray that someone at night when no one is watching is able to destroy this statue if it

I'm sure you're not alone in those thoughts, but we shouldn't hope for things like that. Repaying evil with evil makes us one of them. 

Vengeance is Mine saith the Lord. We can't let these people give us cause to stumble. It's just a statue. If the Lord doesn't want it there, He'll remove it. 

Fez

Fez

Royal Member

• Servant
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,193 posts

I'm sure you're not alone in those thoughts, but we shouldn't hope for things like that. Repaying evil with evil makes us one of them. 

Vengeance is Mine saith the Lord. We can't let these people give us cause to stumble. It's just a statue.

If the Lord doesn't want it there, He'll remove it. 

Yes He will. There are so many idols we face in the printed media, on TV etc, every day, this is just more of the same, but a in your face kind of way.

Guest_ninhao_*

Guest_ninhao_*
  • Guests

Vengeance is Mine saith the Lord. We can't let these people give us cause to stumble. It's just a statue. If the Lord doesn't want it there, He'll remove it. 

C'mon Marvin unleash the ACME disintegrator gun

Guest_man_*

Guest_man_*
  • Guests

C'mon Marvin unleash the ACME disintegrator gun

marvin-the-martian.jpg

kwikphilly

kwikphilly

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Blessings Everyone,

So true Brother Fez,I agree 100% and Brother man I understand completely what you mean when you say if God wants it removed,He will remove it......but on the other hand & from so many times throughout the Old Testament ,I tend to think God would be very well pleased if we tore down false idols & foreign gods... :th_praying:

I often say ,if I were president the first thing I would do is tear down all the idols in America,beginning with the statue of liberty & then on to DC......And please ,Brothers & Sisters-LOL.....since I am fantasising ,no need to tell me about all the red tape,congress & whatnot I would need to go through...........its my fantasy :33:  ,maybe better to be the Queen of the USA? :mgqueen:

With love,in Christ-Kwik

Sevenseas

Sevenseas

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,810 posts

Made me think of this story:

After the Philistines had captured the ark of God, they took it from Ebenezer to Ashdod. 2Then they carried the ark into Dagon’s temple and set it beside Dagon. 3When the people of Ashdod rose early the next day, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the ark of the Lord! They took Dagon and put him back in his place. 4But the following morning when they rose, there was Dagon, fallen on his face on the ground before the ark of the Lord! His head and hands had been broken off and were lying on the threshold; only his body remained. 5That is why to this day neither the priests of Dagon nor any others who enter Dagon’s temple at Ashdod step on the threshold.  I Sam 5

OakWood

OakWood

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,145 posts

Well a few things on this topic..

First we should expected this to happen. This is falling in the category of end times.

Second now you know this group sounds like little children jealous of a toy.

Well if you can have one I can have one also. But mine will be better then yours.

Why don't this group just go back to New York and put it in front of their own building where they can enjoy it all

they want.

And I pray that God Almighty will have mercy on those those that absolutely think this is the most

revolting thing anyone can do.

:45: :swordfightsmiles: :runforhills: :foot-stomp:

Because New York is too easy and Satan knows it. He is full of pride and wants to stick his monument in a more Christian territory like Oklahoma. He really likes to rub it in God's face.

Why do you think he wants Jerusalem? He's not going to settle for second best. He doesn't want just his own territory, he wants God's.

That is why the Beast will set up his own temple in Jerusalem, and it is also why the Muslims want a Caliphate with it's capital in Jerusalem. They already have Mecca and Medina, but despite their rantings about Mecca being the holiest city on Earth, deep-down they know the truth!

Oklahoma is not Jerusalem but it is holier than NY.  Satan doesn't waste time preaching to his own!

JustinM

JustinM

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,282 posts

"Satan stands as the ultimate icon for the selfless revolt against tyranny, free & rational inquiry, and the responsible pursuit of happiness,"

• This is very similar to the dedication to Rules for Radicals.
  • If these Satanists want a relevant icon to illustrate the above values, they need look no further than creating a monument to George Washington and the framers, or the US Constitution.

It isn't really about revolting against tyranny, free and rational inquiry (freedom of speech) and the pursuit of happiness, because if they truly believed in all that, they would not care what monument is displayed at the Capitol.

LadyKay

LadyKay

Veteran Member

• Advanced Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 631 posts

hmmmm......This is getting out of hand. I mean if this keeps up, there will be nothing seen in the capitol for all the "monuments" of anything that can be consider a religion.

MorningGlory

MorningGlory

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,548 posts

hmmmm......This is getting out of hand. I mean if this keeps up, there will be nothing seen in the capitol for all the "monuments" of anything that can be consider a religion.

True. But we know what the Lord is going to do with these idols. 

other one

other one

Royal Member

• Royal Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,126 posts

it's going to be interesting to see how this comes out in the end.......   it will not go over well here, but I'm not sure they don't have the constitutional right to do so.  it's just an excellent thing to show why I personally don't want teachers leading prayer in school.......    don't know what god they would be teaching kids to pray to.

I wonder how many others will get in on it also.

Worthy Christian Forums - Christian Message Boards - 1999-2014 part of the Worthy Network